Editor saved game question FM23 FM24

alian62

Im curious if anyone knows if the FM24 editor would be better suited to the FM24 game .

As an example this is what ive done .....

In the FM23 editor i have created my own nation , Leagues etc . From there i have saved it and loaded it into FM23 and from there i have saved it and loaded it into FM24 as a saved game . All works fine except that in FM24 the nation i created still shows as Ireland Pre 1922 , not the nation i named it in FM23 editor , which is the extinct nation i used to create my own .

I logged it as a bug so hope that gets fixed by my question is that if i start a save now will my nation ever use the name i gave it when they fix it ( i think not ) 

Is it more conceivable to wait for the FM24 editor then load my FM23 editor save into the FM24 editor and do it from there ?

Doing this though ponders a question of does it overide my teams to use current players or will it still use the players that originally came from FM23 and or does it update everyting or am i better just starting from new in the FM24 editor ?

You could try changing the nation name using an lnc file.

Have a look at the existing ones here: Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

It'd be something like "CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"        136417    "고양 Hi FC"    "Korean" except nation instead of club, and not Korean. Haven't tried it myself, but lnc files usually work to change the name of anything that doesn't have licence reasonings preventing it from being changed.

On 02/11/2023 at 02:13, alian62 said:

Im curious if anyone knows if the FM24 editor would be better suited to the FM24 game .

As an example this is what ive done .....

In the FM23 editor i have created my own nation , Leagues etc . From there i have saved it and loaded it into FM23 and from there i have saved it and loaded it into FM24 as a saved game . All works fine except that in FM24 the nation i created still shows as Ireland Pre 1922 , not the nation i named it in FM23 editor , which is the extinct nation i used to create my own .

I logged it as a bug so hope that gets fixed by my question is that if i start a save now will my nation ever use the name i gave it when they fix it ( i think not ) 

Is it more conceivable to wait for the FM24 editor then load my FM23 editor save into the FM24 editor and do it from there ?

Doing this though ponders a question of does it overide my teams to use current players or will it still use the players that originally came from FM23 and or does it update everyting or am i better just starting from new in the FM24 editor ?

Regarding your last question, it will continue using the FM23 players.

Not sure what is causing the name change, but @rusty217's suggestion sounds like the best way to go if that is the only thing that would be really bothering.

Of course, it could be that there are changes in the FM24 editor which will make you think to move your file into FM24 and rework it there.

10 hours ago, rusty217 said:

You could try changing the nation name using an lnc file.

Have a look at the existing ones here: Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

It'd be something like "CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"        136417    "고양 Hi FC"    "Korean" except nation instead of club, and not Korean. Haven't tried it myself, but lnc files usually work to change the name of anything that doesn't have licence reasonings preventing it from being changed.

I tried that but it didnt work . Im thinking its a hard coded thing 

6 hours ago, alian62 said:

I tried that but it didnt work . Im thinking its a hard coded thing 

Damn, that's annoying. No idea why they decided to reset nation names (maybe something to do with China? IDK but what other nation censors nation names?). I'm starting a new save for FM24 anyway, but if it's still a thing next year it'll be annoying in FM25 too!

11 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Damn, that's annoying. No idea why they decided to reset nation names (maybe something to do with China? IDK but what other nation censors nation names?). I'm starting a new save for FM24 anyway, but if it's still a thing next year it'll be annoying in FM25 too!

That would pretty much kill my projects to be honest if they block changing that.