How to stop your centre backs from taking set pieces?

When I have only 1 left-footer in the team (centre back), he's been taking many of the corners and free kicks. I went to the set piece menu and removed him from the list of takers, but he ends up taking it again the next game. 

It's super frustrating when your big defender with a corner rating of 5 and freekick taking 6 is on set piece duty instead of attacking the box. Is there a way to stop that from happening, apart from the drastic solution of completely removing some of the routines I set up?  

4 hours ago, ronaldlye said:

When I have only 1 left-footer in the team (centre back), he's been taking many of the corners and free kicks. I went to the set piece menu and removed him from the list of takers, but he ends up taking it again the next game. 

It's super frustrating when your big defender with a corner rating of 5 and freekick taking 6 is on set piece duty instead of attacking the box. Is there a way to stop that from happening, apart from the drastic solution of completely removing some of the routines I set up?  

I just had a non-league centre back playing with a bunch of greyed out players against me score a 35 yard screamer in our relegation playoff game from free kick, proper top bin shot and all. I went to offer him a contract after the game rigth away - as I can't sign anyone due being in SWE Div 4 he will be good for me anyway for 80EUR/week part time. He is not arrived yet at the club but I can see the ranges now (attribute masking for life)...

Guess what was his free-kick taking attribute?

2-5, of course.

I specifically signed him for just that purpose to have a good long shot set piece taker CB :D :D . So just don't trust the attributes (neither your eyes in-game).