Club vision and expectations unrealistic

This is a point thats totally growing worse for each new edition.

I'm Brighton expected to finish top half, not so bad, but in doing so I need to play possession football, high tempo pressing football, entertaining football and attacking football, as a top half team.

All 4 are new expectations and they are not budging on anything at all. I tried to load/reload every point by themselves and there's nothing to do. Accept or leave. It's totally unrealistic and getting worse and more unrealistic for every new edition.

In earlier editions I have been fired, even while winning the league as a mid team, because I didn't fulfill 1 point out of 7-10 points.. again totally unrealistic.

Surely a style of play is just favoured rather than required at Brighton? 

And if so, it shouldn't really matter if the team is doing well. 

2 minutes ago, CarZar said:

In earlier editions I have been fired, even while winning the league as a mid team, because I didn't fulfill 1 point out of 7-10 points..

No you haven't. Or if you did, there would have been more to it than that. 

14 hours ago, CarZar said:

I have been fired, even while winning the league as a mid team, because I didn't fulfill 1 point out of 7-10 points.. again totally unrealistic.

I never take any notice of the style of football required, play how I want and the club after a single season of even mild success will change the entire club culture to my style of play.

Which is IMO entirely unbelievable.

I've never once been sacked or even remotely close to being sacked for ignoring those expectations.

8 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I never take any notice of the style of football required, play how I want and the club after a single season of even mild success will change the entire club culture to my style of play.

Which is IMO entirely unbelievable.

Is it though? I'm sure the style of play from Liverpool and Man City was quite different before Klopp and Guardiola took over. Both managers have moulded their teams into their own distinct styles. 

I think this is actually an area that works. You join a club that has a preferred style of football and don't play but do very well then it doesn't matter, however, if you're doing poorly and you're not playing the way the fans/board expect you come under more pressure. Look at West Ham as the best example of this - Allardyce and Moyes have been undone by not playing 'The West Ham Way'.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it though? I'm sure the style of play from Liverpool and Man City was quite different before Klopp and Guardiola took over. Both managers have moulded their teams into their own distinct styles. 

If you are hiring managers of that calibre you know what you are hiring.

You don't then insist Guardiola/Klopp play direct counter attacking football and play for set pieces and get angry when they play the style they are known for.

On 05/11/2023 at 14:24, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yet if you were to takeover Ajax and try and change the culture you’d be hounded out. Those club identity ones seemed over used to me, there’s not many clubs out there that have a true identity from first team all the way through the youth setup.