Diving deeper into the game mechanics and underlying algorithms?

I want to get back into it with the new FM24. What I enjoy most about any kind of strategic game is diving deep into the game mechanics. What do the underlying functions look like, which parameters influence the output and so on.

Are there forums, wikis, etc., for the game that get to the bottom of the game principles? (The information in the source code will probably not be available in this case, right?) Or are the algorithms completely unknown and the simulation is more of a black box?

Would be glad about any pointers.

19 minutes ago, mwallner2 said:

I want to get back into it with the new FM24. What I enjoy most about any kind of strategic game is diving deep into the game mechanics. What do the underlying functions look like, which parameters influence the output and so on.

Are there forums, wikis, etc., for the game that get to the bottom of the game principles? (The information in the source code will probably not be available in this case, right?) Or are the algorithms completely unknown and the simulation is more of a black box?

Would be glad about any pointers.

This is closed source proprietary system, so no source code.   

What you can do is play game scenarios 100 of times and grab the data, then analyze it to understand the underlying logic. For example: how the training impacts to improve layer attributes etc. But it is time consuming. So, what sane people do is play and enjoy the game.

If you're talking about EU4 or HOI4 level of realism than that's something I might be able to get behind. However, it would make the game totally min-max to play as. What would be fun is to see how RNG your interaction with the players is, since that's totally RNGesus... 

18 hours ago, Arijit said:

This is closed source proprietary system, so no source code.   

What you can do is play game scenarios 100 of times and grab the data, then analyze it to understand the underlying logic. For example: how the training impacts to improve layer attributes etc. But it is time consuming. So, what sane people do is play and enjoy the game.

🤭