Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

I agree completely that FM is a complex game for new people to learn, but almost every simulator is. That is the purpose of simulators, they are not supposed to be so easy to master. I've played many, simulators are the only game-genre that appeals to me, and I found all of them hard to master. City building, Hospital building, etc.. some of them are even anoying to keep playing given the amount of problems that arise and you don't know how to solve. But that is something that comes with the genre. I dropped all the simulators and I only play FM, and it's not because I'm good and experient, since I was a newbie once as well. 

To me it is a paradox that you have the amount of Data that FM presents these days, way more detailed than it's ever been, but at the same time you don't even have to use the tools the game presents to win. It's as if these tools are there just to keep the game up to date with real football. 

Spot on. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

If a player has been training well with a rating over 8, is he likely to have an impact on the ME as opposed to a player who has a training rating of 6? This is regardless of attributes. 

I used to find the training rating a player achieves in the run up to a match acts as a kind of ceiling for what that player can potentially score in the match itself.

9 times out of 10 the player will achieve a match rating close to or lower than their training rating that week.

It’s not 100% concrete but that was generally what I found.

1 hour ago, makavali said:

That's a good point, but FM is a simulator, and managing a football team in real life is a very hard task. It's literally defined as a simulation game, meaning, it should resemble real life as precisely as possible and that should ensure that winning UCL in the second season with Partizan Belgrade (!) would basically be an impossible feat. If a person is not ready or capable of indulging in such an experience, they should choose another game instead of SI making this simulator easy and newbie-friendly. There's FIFA, FM Touch, eFootball, and other manager-type football games that are not as in-depth as FM. 

For comparison, Microsoft Flight Simulator is probably the hardest game out there and it's a part of it. You don't see Euro Truck Simulator removing traffic laws or adding autopilot to accommodate new players. The game should be difficult just like managing a successful football club in real life and if there's a beginner who wants the football management experience, they should choose easier options (a different game or picking a strong team) instead of franchise fans making the game harder for themselves. In case they truly need to make the game easier, there should be a choice between an 'arcade' or 'real FM' mode. 

I'm aware that I'm ridiculously good at the game, but as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the game is notably way easier than before. I was just as good last year, but I had to work, plan, and fight for my accolades. There are so many reports of absolutely bonkers achievements during the first seasons which should be an indication that something is not right, even if they're purposely making the game easier for newcomers. 

How is FM a simulator, when some of the main things you can do in game (and very important to many people) don't happen in real life?

Like youmaking proposals for players, selling players yourself, negotiating contrats, fire/hire staff like the DOF, HOYD, scouts and other staff, build oyur scouting network and so on? As far as I know the vast majority of head coaches don't do this. Those things make FM more arcadish, than a true simulator.

4 hours ago, makavali said:

If you're a strong favorite, you will be up 2-0 within the first 20 minutes, killing any kind of potential drama

To be fair I dread going two nil up or having a two goal cushion because it usually means I'll lose 3-2 or draw 2-2.

As soon as the second goes in, the midfield literally forget how to pass the ball. 

On 12/12/2023 at 17:31, f.zaarour said:

I can completly understand why some aint feeling the challenge anymore, the satisfaction of fighting thru games and winning in a difficult manner. A 1-2 win away in the last minutes gives u that great joy! I mean look at the scores, its almost all easy wins. How is that? Is the AI not doing much anymore to challenge you? Its weird. And the feeling i described above is starting to get me aswell sadly. 

ff.png

Maybe try playing as someone other than Real Madrid?

Granted CL Home advantage is a joke, but you rolling over the other teams is hardly out there.

57 minutos atrás, ejleal disse:

How is FM a simulator, when some of the main things you can do in game (and very important to many people) don't happen in real life?

Like youmaking proposals for players, selling players yourself, negotiating contrats, fire/hire staff like the DOF, HOYD, scouts and other staff, build oyur scouting network and so on? As far as I know the vast majority of head coaches don't do this. Those things make FM more arcadish, than a true simulator.

You are right, one of the things that could be added, is something like "manager rank", where you start at a club without any power, but then gradually you are given more and more possibilities to recommend staff, the way managers like SAF did. That could even be what we expect in terms of adding difficulty to the game. Those who want a easier game, will have an option to access these "´powers" early on.

But the reality is that making a super real game is really hard. Training, for instance, in FM is basically about improving attributes, which is okay. But training in real life is way more complex, and in real life managers don't have attributes to decide what player to buy, so they make many mistakes, while in FM it is hard to make mistakes when buying players if you know how to evaluate attributes and traits.

Saw this on Reddit today. Second season, managing Brighton, and the guy wins the QUINTUPLE. I don't care if they used an overpowered tactic or bought every OP wonderkid, it should not be possible. Not sure whether we should cry or laugh. 

Also, I noticed above that someone said that there are a lot of goals being scored at the very beginning of a match and I've noticed as well. If you're a strong favorite, you will be up 2-0 within the first 20 minutes, killing any kind of potential drama. It's so easy and so predictable that I've completely stopped playing the game. I truly truly truly hope that the difficulty question will be looked into within the next patch. 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.53.24.png

FMRTE is strong with this one

Saw this on Reddit today. Second season, managing Brighton, and the guy wins the QUINTUPLE. I don't care if they used an overpowered tactic or bought every OP wonderkid, it should not be possible. Not sure whether we should cry or laugh. 

Also, I noticed above that someone said that there are a lot of goals being scored at the very beginning of a match and I've noticed as well. If you're a strong favorite, you will be up 2-0 within the first 20 minutes, killing any kind of potential drama. It's so easy and so predictable that I've completely stopped playing the game. I truly truly truly hope that the difficulty question will be looked into within the next patch. 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.53.24.png

This really tells you nothing. Did they save-scum until getting desired results? Add another manager and give Brighton extra money/players? Use the in-game editor? Use a formation that exploits the ME?

On 11/12/2023 at 22:08, Freakiie said:

Then go unsettle the player, get them to request a transfer and force the AI to sell. As long as the player is perfectly happy why would the AI not just say "Not for sale unless you come with something stupid".

Because none of these clubs are in a position to ask for something stupid. Not every football team has the financial strength of premier league clubs and nor should they in the game. 

It is such a lazy workaround to just let any club slap on £100M+ valuations on players. Pretty much any player is priced out of a move on the game, and the clubs themselves are barely benefitting because they're leaving themselves with shoestring budgets to improve the squad on.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Rodrigogc:

in real life managers don't have attributes to decide what player to buy, so they make many mistakes, while in FM it is hard to make mistakes when buying players if you know how to evaluate attributes and traits.

Real Managers have meticulously aquired player data like never b4 - its not a lack of data but star cult, club politics, network preferences, nepotism, corruption and moneymaking that clouds the decisions accompanied by incompetence and cargo cultism.

There is probably no other industrie where incompetent people amass more influence than in football bcs star cult, money and/or networks pave their way!

17 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

Because none of these clubs are in a position to ask for something stupid. Not every football team has the financial strength of premier league clubs and nor should they in the game. 

It is such a lazy workaround to just let any club slap on £100M+ valuations on players. Pretty much any player is priced out of a move on the game, and the clubs themselves are barely benefitting because they're leaving themselves with shoestring budgets to improve the squad on.

But that's how a lot of players are valued nowadays or do you think Frankfurt is a financial powerhouse? No they're not, but they still slapped a €100m price tag on Kolo Muani and guess what, PSG came along and paid up. United went and paid the €100m for Antony. Plenty of Portuguese clubs have sold their players for the relatively absurd release clauses they generally have. The transfer market is nuts in real life and FM is no different. Osimhen is supposedly getting a €130m release clause and expectations are he'll be gone as soon as that clause is active because apparently that's a great deal in the current football world.

3 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Real Managers have meticulously aquired player data like never b4 - its not a lack of data but star cult, club politics, network preferences, nepotism, corruption and moneymaking that clouds the decisions accompanied by incompetence and cargo cultism.

There is probably no other industrie where incompetent people amass more influence than in football bcs star cult, money and/or networks pave their way!

It is honestly astonishing how many doors open simply by having been a good footballer and here in the Netherlands I see so many fans that want nothing more than every role being filled by an ex player because clearly they must understand football! Apparently there is no better qualification for running a multimillion business which football clubs are than your ability to kick a ball, because apparently even players that clearly don't care about the side of football other than that it makes them a lot of money are somehow automatically capable of being great coaches, have a superb eye for talent and know exactly how to successfully run a football club. :D

28 minutos atrás, Etebaer disse:

Agree. And all these things you've mentioned that cloud their decisions will not be included in the game for obvious reasons. Football is a very complex sport, and the odds that you will not win are way higher for 99% teams on the planet. Even in big clubs it is hard to win, that's why you see teams like Real Madrid getting rid of Zidane after he won 3 UCL, selling Benzema after he won Ballon D'or, these are definitely very rational decisions that most clubs will not make. 

In FM, once you build a good team, it is not hard to keep winning, because the IA cannot compete the way real life clubs do. I'm Brazilian, here in Brazil you see more of these things you've mentioned like corruption, nepotism, politics, than ever. Some clubs have got more than 30 million supporters, more than many big european clubs, but can't attract as many quality players, attention, media coverage, etc. None of these things happen in FM, and that's fine because we want the game to focus on the management part of the sport. 

I don't even play FM in Brazil because football politics here is so bizarre and influentional that it is possible to make an entire game about brazilian football. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

But that's how a lot of players are valued nowadays or do you think Frankfurt is a financial powerhouse? No they're not, but they still slapped a €100m price tag on Kolo Muani and guess what, PSG came along and paid up. United went and paid the €100m for Antony. Plenty of Portuguese clubs have sold their players for the relatively absurd release clauses they generally have. The transfer market is nuts in real life and FM is no different. Osimhen is supposedly getting a €130m release clause and expectations are he'll be gone as soon as that clause is active because apparently that's a great deal in the current football world.

I

That's not how a lot of players are valued nowadays though. You've gone on to name two of the best and youngest number 9's in the world at a time when there aren't many good forwards on the market, as well as the stupid clubs involved in the deals on the buying side. By plenty of Portuguese clubs I'm going to guess you mean literally just Benfica, the biggest club in Portgual?

No one in the real world is valuing their players to the absurd levels they do in FM. No one.

10 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

That's not how a lot of players are valued nowadays though. You've gone on to name two of the best and youngest number 9's in the world at a time when there aren't many good forwards on the market, as well as the stupid clubs involved in the deals on the buying side. By plenty of Portuguese clubs I'm going to guess you mean literally just Benfica, the biggest club in Portgual?

No one in the real world is valuing their players to the absurd levels they do in FM. No one.

No. The player is simply happy there. Doesn't want to leave. And the club wants to hold onto him. Especially if they have three or four years on their contract.

The human player will say, "Yeah, but if I offer €130m the team will never turn that down." And no, they won't. But for all intents and purposes the team won't sell the player for a bid that values the player properly based on how the game values them. So they say, "This player is worth €130m," when his actual realistic value is about €45m. No in-game club would bid €130m, but a human player might. It's a fudge for the game.

What is Martinez' worth? Kudus? Antonio? They're happy where they are until they're not. And sometimes it takes big money being talked about in the media to make it happen. That's all the transfer values mean.

Edited by Little Miss Lump Kicker

33 minutes ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

No. The player is simply happy there. Doesn't want to leave. And the club wants to hold onto him. Especially if they have three or four years on their contract.

The human player will say, "Yeah, but if I offer €130m the team will never turn that down." And no, they won't. But for all intents and purposes the team won't sell the player for a bid that values the player properly based on how the game values them. So they say, "This player is worth €130m," when his actual realistic value is about €45m. No in-game club would bid €130m, but a human player might. It's a fudge for the game.

What is Martinez' worth? Kudus? Antonio? They're happy where they are until they're not. And sometimes it takes big money being talked about in the media to make it happen. That's all the transfer values mean.

You're using real life concepts and applying them to the game when it just doesn't work like that. If you spent your time on this game looking for realistic value you aren't going to sign anyone because realistic value just doesn't exist. 

Teams don't slap out of this world transfer valuations on players because the vast majority of clubs in the world (outside England) make most of their income on outgoings. How many clubs do you see holding on to their star players waiting for over £100M offers? Compare that to how many you see who are happy to negotiate. There's a select few clubs in world football who want to hold on to their players, the rest are more than happy to negotiate. 

I won't go in to Premier League players. Like I've already said, those clubs are very strong financially and have the power to ask for massive fees. The rest of the world is a different story, and that's what needs looking at because in its current form, it's quite silly.

One feature in the game or mechanic if you want that has gotten worse and worse over the years, and is now borderline unusable is letting your DOF do your incoming transfers. Like most clubs in the world do their transfer by letting their DOF negotiate and finalise signings. The last couple of years he has at every level I've managed at in the game signed less players than I have sold, leaving me with big gaps in the team. But this year in FM 24 its just awful.. he wont sign ANYONE... only u21 for the reserve teams. And he has the money to go and sign players, he has been given the responsibility in the staff screen but it JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Signing my own players and using a lot of time and effort on doing it makes the game too easy so I wont do that, and I feel its increasingly realistic to leave it to the club's DOF to do transfers, but this just makes the game unplayable for me playing it my way. Think I have to go back to an earlier game where it wasn't broken :rolleyes:

Not really a bug or anything, but does anybody else feel like the match engine speed is really strange? Way too slow at default (in the middle) and too fast only one notch up from that. I can't even remember if FM23 was the same way, but it probably was. I wish I could get it in-between.

32 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Hmm... What?

image.png.e96e91b66fdc86183fb00d6c377e473a.png

Apparently his parents were very big fans of the Johnny Cash song "A Boy Named Sue" ...

... either that or it's a preview of a facegen bug for after the introduction of women's football

Edited by rp1966

6 minutes ago, kazik said:

Is this game realistic yet? Can I start my long-term save?

Yes, go ahead. I've finally started my save right after the last minor update, just finished the first season and haven't seen any bugs. I love it!

Il 11/12/2023 in 17:49 , Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hello everyone, our latest update has gone live. For more information please check out the link below:

Hello Zachary!
Sorry to bother you, a few pages back I complained about the limited involvement of the AMC in the game's creation. However, lately, my AMC is much more involved and providing assists, operating as an AP-su in a 'very wide' TI tactic.

I was wondering if it's due to my tactics or if the latest update has brought some changes, albeit minimal, to the ME.

I don't think throw in goals are that excessive, although of course the question is what your definition of throw in goals actually is.

A lot of highlights will start with throw ins as the ME will try to find a logical spot to start a highlight and obviously dead ball situations are the best spot to start which frequently will be throw ins. I wouldn't really count a throw in, 5 possession changes before one team finally builds an attack and scores as a "throw in" goal, but there obviously is a line there somewhere. As for the occasional throw in easy cross or throw in easy dribble into shot, yes they happen, but not to the point where I'd consider it an issue.

4 hours ago, unitedstian said:

One feature in the game or mechanic if you want that has gotten worse and worse over the years, and is now borderline unusable is letting your DOF do your incoming transfers. Like most clubs in the world do their transfer by letting their DOF negotiate and finalise signings. The last couple of years he has at every level I've managed at in the game signed less players than I have sold, leaving me with big gaps in the team. But this year in FM 24 its just awful.. he wont sign ANYONE... only u21 for the reserve teams. And he has the money to go and sign players, he has been given the responsibility in the staff screen but it JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Signing my own players and using a lot of time and effort on doing it makes the game too easy so I wont do that, and I feel its increasingly realistic to leave it to the club's DOF to do transfers, but this just makes the game unplayable for me playing it my way. Think I have to go back to an earlier game where it wasn't broken :rolleyes:

I’ve found keeping your squad planner up to date really helped with your DoF. I kept mine updated and any gaps or glaring holes in the team my DoF managed to get me players that were at least decent.

Edited by angelo994

5 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Not really a bug or anything, but does anybody else feel like the match engine speed is really strange? Way too slow at default (in the middle) and too fast only one notch up from that. I can't even remember if FM23 was the same way, but it probably was. I wish I could get it in-between.

I find default is perfect ?

5 horas atrás, angelo994 disse:

I’ve found keeping your squad planner up to date really helped with your DoF. I kept mine updated and any gaps or glaring holes in the team my DoF managed to get me players that were at least decent.

Agree

7 ore fa, angelo994 ha scritto:

Agreed, that's the way to do it.

13 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

I have this issue on occasions . It tends to be on night games when there is floodlights and shadows etc. The game then can sometimes feel a bit slow at the normal speed.

if it’s a day time kick off it works fine . All very strange 

11 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

'However, they are concerned by the number of goals conceded when playing in this way'

-The board, no matter how little goals you concede and where you're placed on the league table.

I finished top of EFL 1, with the = most goals scored, lowest goals conceded in the league and had the same board concern

15 hours ago, unitedstian said:

Surely you know what gaps need filling so you should just sign players yourself??!?

Started a lower league save with Rushall Olympic , got promoted in the first season , excited to be able to spend a little bit more money to sign players 

5,869 per week to be exact ... such a lovely number for the board to use for wages.

However, I have noticed that despite having only players with actual contracts totaling their wages to 2995 per week + staff wages this bums up to a total of 3790 per week!

But I can't sign any more players since apparently that totals to 5888 per week in game so ive gone over my weekly budget for salary.  I have struggled to sign decent players as a result.

The rest of my squad are on part time contracts which I thought was one way I could reduce the weekly wage and are only being paid on appearance fee basis. So, I really don't get where the additional salary per week is coming from.

I haven't encountered this issue in previous FM's before. Is this a bug ? Or is it not working as it should be ? Should I report it as such ? Any confirmation on why this is occurring would be great ! 

Screenshot 2023-12-15 183233.png

Screenshot 2023-12-15 183221.png

19 hours ago, dunk105 said:

Maybe try playing as someone other than Real Madrid?

Granted CL Home advantage is a joke, but you rolling over the other teams is hardly out there.

U guys can stop acting like its only with Real Madrid. Many others are experiencing it with smaller teams so lets not do its only because im Real Madrid. And even then, beating the likes of City and Atleti with such ease is not rly realistic. 
But also the high scores constantly. A few here and there i would say cool but its constantly. And how bad is City if i beat them with such ease? Can u explain that? 

And also compared to FM23 the difference is there. Matches were tougher back then. And also then i was Real Madrid but i didnt experienced this like i do now with FM24 so ye. 

Edited by f.zaarour

19 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

U guys can stop acting like its only with Real Madrid. Many others are experiencing it with smaller teams so lets not do its only because im Real Madrid. And even then, beating the likes of City and Atleti with such ease is not rly realistic. 
But also the high scores constantly. A few here and there i would say cool but its constantly. And how bad is City if i beat them with such ease? Can u explain that? 

And also compared to FM23 the difference is there. And also then i was Real Madrid but i didnt experienced this like i do now with FM24 so ye. 

No-one has suggested that it's not happening with other teams. Quite the opposite. This thread is full of examples. Myself and others have only pointed out that you rocked up with probably the worst possible example to try and prove your point.

23 hours ago, makavali said:

That's a good point, but FM is a simulator, and managing a football team in real life is a very hard task. It's literally defined as a simulation game, meaning, it should resemble real life as precisely as possible and that should ensure that winning UCL in the second season with Partizan Belgrade (!) would basically be an impossible feat. If a person is not ready or capable of indulging in such an experience, they should choose another game instead of SI making this simulator easy and newbie-friendly. There's FIFA, FM Touch, eFootball, and other manager-type football games that are not as in-depth as FM. 

For comparison, Microsoft Flight Simulator is probably the hardest game out there and it's a part of it. You don't see Euro Truck Simulator removing traffic laws or adding autopilot to accommodate new players. The game should be difficult just like managing a successful football club in real life and if there's a beginner who wants the football management experience, they should choose easier options (a different game or picking a strong team) instead of franchise fans making the game harder for themselves. In case they truly need to make the game easier, there should be a choice between an 'arcade' or 'real FM' mode. 

I'm aware that I'm ridiculously good at the game, but as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the game is notably way easier than before. I was just as good last year, but I had to work, plan, and fight for my accolades. There are so many reports of absolutely bonkers achievements during the first seasons which should be an indication that something is not right, even if they're purposely making the game easier for newcomers. 

I'm like you that I've been playing for years and years and know I must be really good at the game.

The sad thing is, I don't even have to do 25% of the things that I could do (manage training, change tactics depending on opponents, manually scout, do set-pieces myself...) to absolutely overpower the AI.

And once you're ahead, with a half-decent team, even setting loads and loads of manual restrictions on yourself, like leaving all scouting to the (rubbish) AI, it's impossible to not just steamroll the leagues for ever more and have £1bn in the bank.

3 ore fa, bigmattb28 ha scritto:

Surely you know what gaps need filling so you should just sign players yourself??!?

The whole point of a challenge like this is to self-limit yourself and let your Director of Football (DOF) handle the transfer market, so you can compete at a level similar to the AI.
Because a human player will always be better than AI in finding wonder kids and building a squad, to the point that after a few years, you end up winning everything simply because you have a significantly superior squad compared to your opponents'.

That being said, I know that for many, buying and selling players is the most enjoyable part of the game... But I'm gladly doing without it because:
1- This way, my squad will never be significantly better than the AI teams.
2- I believe it's more realistic; in reality, the role of a football team's coach is to train the team, and perhaps ask the DOF what kind of players are needed to execute their game plan, but it's the DOF who handles the transfer business.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb jlboybeamer:

Started a lower league save with Rushall Olympic , got promoted in the first season , excited to be able to spend a little bit more money to sign players 

5,869 per week to be exact ... such a lovely number for the board to use for wages.

However, I have noticed that despite having only players with actual contracts totaling their wages to 2995 per week + staff wages this bums up to a total of 3790 per week!

But I can't sign any more players since apparently that totals to 5888 per week in game so ive gone over my weekly budget for salary.  I have struggled to sign decent players as a result.

The rest of my squad are on part time contracts which I thought was one way I could reduce the weekly wage and are only being paid on appearance fee basis. So, I really don't get where the additional salary per week is coming from.

I haven't encountered this issue in previous FM's before. Is this a bug ? Or is it not working as it should be ? Should I report it as such ? Any confirmation on why this is occurring would be great ! 

Screenshot 2023-12-15 183233.png

Screenshot 2023-12-15 183221.png

Hi, the u21 and the u18 player wages maybe?