Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Screenshot_2024-08-19-08-14-28-83_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b62.thumb.jpg.6f79584444a07a5f039ecc8560144d31.jpg

I think there has been a lot of talk about players complaining too much. I think this is a good example of it in real life. Once out of the squad and there is already drama. 

I have had players that haven't practically played in a full season and have only started to complain after a very long time. 

I've also now been rotating a lot between my first-choice keeper and the backup and even though the starter is slightly concerned about his playing time, he still hasn't complained about the situation. 

I think SI have done a good job with player interactions and I enjoy when the game has areas that you need to put a bit of effort on. I haven't run into any problems with this area of the game. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14.08.2024 at 16:37, wazzaflow10 said:

What is your tactic/formation?

why is it important? I have already achieved best xg and best xg against. isnt it the primary goal for tactics

1 hour ago, Koffing said:

why is it important? I have already achieved best xg and best xg against. isnt it the primary goal for tactics

Because if you're trying to game the match engine by using a meta/diablo tactic then it could be a reason why your statistics are out of whack.

Another explanation is your players just aren't that good and the reason your underperformance in xG is due to that.

9 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I think there has been a lot of talk about players complaining too much. I think this is a good example of it in real life. Once out of the squad and there is already drama. 

Sancho last year too.

I think some players can be a bit twitchy/sensitive with their expectations or reactions at times. Trying to pick the right response can feel a bit like a minefield. It seems to happen more if your reputation isn't high enough for the club you're managing.

However, I don't know what we expect being a manager other than players complaining about something. There should probably be more player-manager conversations about role/position/form (essentially saying the player isn't in a position to look good) and team/individual training not helping players get better and signing too many players to compete with in their position.

Not all have to end negatively - I think a lot of the fear with player initiated interactions is the outcome is going to be negative no matter what. It feels odd that your choices boil down to "take a hardline stance", "ignore", "compromise",  and "give in". If I'm willing to compromise or give in on something the player's initial reaction shouldn't be to reject and complain anyway. If that's the only outcome possible there shouldn't really be a conversation outside of acknowledging a player is unhappy and what they're unhappy about. You should also be able to reopen talks after a short period of time to see if you can find an amenable solution after the player has possibly cooled down.

16 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I have had players that haven't practically played in a full season and have only started to complain after a very long time.

I agree with you in part and disagree with part.  It's not as simple as 'once out of the squad'; Chelsea have signed six players or something in his position in the last three windows.  They've exiled multiple players from the camp entirely, including at least two who came up through their academy.   And it's the first game of the season.  If you were to look at it in FM terms, you'd have multiple conversations with the player being concerned that he'd lose playing time; you'd have multiple situations where the squad is upset about how popular Chelsea lifers like Gallagher and Challobah have been treated; and you'd have the final situation where a Star Player doesn't make the squad despite being healthy one day before the team announce the signing of another player who plays in his position, who they've had before and deemed a failure, on a seven year contract. 

12 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

and you'd have the final situation where a Star Player doesn't make the squad despite being healthy one day before the team announce the signing of another player who plays in his position, who they've had before and deemed a failure, on a seven year contract. 

Yeah but Star Player "let his team down" haven't you heard? No choice but to sign yet another player. (heavy, heavy sarcasm)

What a mess that team is and we thought the Abramovich years were chaotic.

18 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Yeah but Star Player "let his team down" haven't you heard? No choice but to sign yet another player. (heavy, heavy sarcasm)

What a mess that team is and we thought the Abramovich years were chaotic.

The best update SI could make to FM would be adding chaos.  Insane egomaniacal owners!  Fraud!  Speculation bubbles and financial collapse!  Make people who stink at things like man management or recruitment actually stink at those things!  Let's get some vim into what's a disappointingly static world.  Get away from it being financially deterministic.  I know it's a pipe dream -- SI is probably bound by their licensing agreements to never do something like adding in Bernard Tapie lookalikes and versions of the Parmalat scandal -- but man, wouldn't it be awesome if you could have a save where things could go really, really, irrecoverably wrong? 

On 19/08/2024 at 15:20, El Payaso said:

Screenshot_2024-08-19-08-14-28-83_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b62.thumb.jpg.6f79584444a07a5f039ecc8560144d31.jpg

I've also now been rotating a lot between my first-choice keeper and the backup and even though the starter is slightly concerned about his playing time, he still hasn't complained about the situation. 

I think SI have done a good job with player interactions and I enjoy when the game has areas that you need to put a bit of effort on. I haven't run into any problems with this area of the game. 

If it makes sense, no problem.

The issue wasn't the high number of complaints it was more that the initial complaints often didn't make any sense and then the "support from team-mates" didn't either. On top of that, the conversation afterwards was either a lottery, or there was one response with a high probability of success.

3 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

The best update SI could make to FM would be adding chaos.  Insane egomaniacal owners!  Fraud!  Speculation bubbles and financial collapse!  Make people who stink at things like man management or recruitment actually stink at those things!  Let's get some vim into what's a disappointingly static world.  Get away from it being financially deterministic.  I know it's a pipe dream -- SI is probably bound by their licensing agreements to never do something like adding in Bernard Tapie lookalikes and versions of the Parmalat scandal -- but man, wouldn't it be awesome if you could have a save where things could go really, really, irrecoverably wrong? 

Its like some of the old F1 management games where you could still try to cheat like adding turbo in qualifying but take it off for the race. Now everything is above board. No cheating or illegal parts, no drama or anything.

I'd just like them to even have some "bad" personality traits for real players but we know that won't happen.

7 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

If it makes sense, no problem.

The issue wasn't the high number of complaints it was more that the initial complaints often didn't make any sense and then the "support from team-mates" didn't either. On top of that, the conversation afterwards was either a lottery, or there was one response with a high probability of success.

Player X is in the form of their life, be patient.

It's also that, often, it's impossible to realistically meet the requests for more playing time while also being good stewards of the players.  Players with Star Player status (and it's very silly that Star Player, Regular Starter and Important Player all exist.  One squad status for prospects, one for emergency backups, one for squad players, one for starters.  That's all we actually need.) will often, in my experience, play themselves into the absolute ground while also refusing to come out of the team for rest.  With Recovery training sessions being broken all year, managing fitness gets complicated in ways that it might not be IRL -- especially because real life managers don't get multiple graphical representations of how objectively tired and jaded their players are.  They have to rely on the judgements of physios and the players themselves.  Me, I can see that Jude Bellingham is Jaded Very Tired Very Heavy Match Load Very High Injury Risk but I can't take him out of the team without him kicking off.  And yeah, I can talk to him, but it takes like eight clicks to get to that menu.  It's an action tax in a game that's already got a ton of them, starting with going through every single pointless inbox item.  I don't maintain Inbox Zero at work!  Why do I have to in FM?

4 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Its like some of the old F1 management games where you could still try to cheat like adding turbo in qualifying but take it off for the race. Now everything is above board. No cheating or illegal parts, no drama or anything.

I'd just like them to even have some "bad" personality traits for real players but we know that won't happen.

Bad attributes, too.  I know the PA/CA thing imposes certain limitations, but Per Mertesacker (to name a player I love, though this isn't unique at all) ran like an absolute wardrobe.  He ran like a man with fenceposts for legs.  He didn't need 13 pace.  But he had to have some level of pace because building a defensive engine around a guy with 7 Pace is borderline impossible at the top level, even if he had elite positioning and anticipation and marking and so on.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

6 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Player X is in the form of their life, be patient.

rs.  Players with Star Player status (and it's very silly that Star Player, Regular Starter and Important Player all exist.  One squad status for prospects, one for emergency backups, one for squad players, one for starters.  That's all we actually need.) will often, in my experience, play themselves into the absolute ground while also refusing to come out of the team for rest. 

Yeah there's an imbalance between star/important player and what is physically possible in the game. If you meet the requirement the player will be injured before long. 

Another thing I really hope they change for FM25 is set piece instructions. This new system is awful. To get players doing what you actually want them to do you have to play jenga with the 4 groups and the order and it takes an enraging amount of time. 

14 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

He didn't need 13 pace

13 pace is pretty slow for top flight to be fair. I think Harry Kane has been around 12/13 and he's not exactly fast either. Probably faster than Mertesacker though.

There's definitely a top flight physicals buff for all existing players that likely doesn't exist in real life. There was another thread that that showed the running speed between Bundesliga 1 and 2 was virtually negligible but in FM there's a large gap in acceleration and pace between these players. 

EA games also suffer from this. In the 90s players used to be really bad but now everyone is in the 70s as a minimum if they're on a recognizable team. Players apparently complained about how bad they were so its definitely a thing not unique to FM.

Edited by wazzaflow10

5 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

13 pace is pretty slow for top flight to be fair. I think Harry Kane has been around 12/13 and he's not exactly fast either. Probably faster than Mertesacker though.

There's definitely a top flight physicals buff for all existing players that likely doesn't exist in real life. There was another thread that that showed the running speed between Bundesliga 1 and 2 was virtually negligible but in FM there's a large gap in acceleration and pace between these players. 

EA games also suffer from this. In the 90s players used to be really bad but now everyone is in the 70s as a minimum if they're on a recognizable team. Players apparently complained about how bad they were so its definitely a thing not unique to FM.

I'm pretty sure it's every single sports game.  NBA 2K uses a 0-100 scale like FIFA, and there are more 80+ rated players at shooting guard and center than there are teams in the league.  Expand down to 75 OVR, and there are something like 250, 275 players rated 75+ in a league with 30 teams.  Bronny James (a special case admittedly because of who his dad is) is rated 68 OVR; his college stats at USC paint him as, you know, a pretty good high school player who probably should have taken a redshirt his freshman year and seriously considered what he wanted to major in.

Not just sports games, too -- I seem to remember match ratings in newspapers using a 2-10 scale in the 2000s; now it's 4-10 at the absolute harshest.

LOL... Never seen so bad under xG since playing the game.. AI GK's are 7.5 every game.. On the verge of considering it a bug :lol:

image.png

Edited by andu1

Stupid rigged FM game! Giving the Chelsea a penalty on the last day and subsequently the league. They were 9th halfway through the season! Manager was about to be sacked. And of course Man Utd lose at home to Liverpool on the last day. Stupid rigged game never lets the AI win.

image.thumb.png.436ceb030a02f0999a23ad164923f1f9.png

3 hours ago, andu1 said:

LOL... Never seen so bad under xG since playing the game.. AI GK's are 7.5 every game.. On the verge of considering it a bug :lol:

How can you say that when Lecco are down there at +21 GA over xGA?  They're not overperforming, for sure.

4 hours ago, andu1 said:

image.png

On all my saves my team has been the biggest overachiever in the xG stats. 

I find it quite amusing that some people still think that the game is somehow favouring the AI over humans. This is especially odd when you look at what kind of tactical choices human managers can get away with and overachieve significantly.

The same applies to your save too because as far as I know Virtus Francavilla have never even been in Serie B and are a Serie D side in real life... 

1 hour ago, El Payaso said:

The same applies to your save too because as far as I know Virtus Francavilla have never even been in Serie B and are a Serie D side in real life... 

Also in fairness, you don't know what year he's in or whether he's had a takeover or something.  Who would have seen Wrexham in League One in 2017?

On 19/08/2024 at 06:20, El Payaso said:

On the subject of Chelsea, it seems to me that that they may be playing real life FM (badly) by buying loads of (wonder??) kids and getting rid of any “old” players.

On 19.08.2024 at 17:38, wazzaflow10 said:

Because if you're trying to game the match engine by using a meta/diablo tactic then it could be a reason why your statistics are out of whack.

Another explanation is your players just aren't that good and the reason your underperformance in xG is due to that.

re. "I play standard tempo check uncheck workballinbox, mid block press. They wont score ,"

I have already wrote this in the original post. I dont know any meta diablo etc tactics that uses this approach.

yes my players arent that good but their thrashy gks stcs are making godlike ratings.

19 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Also in fairness, you don't know what year he's in or whether he's had a takeover or something.  Who would have seen Wrexham in League One in 2017?

It's still way better than the team has ever done or probably ever will in real life. 

4 hours ago, El Payaso said:

It's still way better than the team has ever done or probably ever will in real life. 

In real life they're probably unlikely to have an all-time great manager start his managerial career there, which is what happens when you pick a Serie D or French National or Vanarama South team.

Great. i got them promoted from the playoffs from the first season in Serie B and now i have no money and no players want to join me. :lol:

Btw, there are many  teams in Serie C that have been in Serie A lol... Not the one im managing though... they got relegated last season :lol:

1 hour ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

In real life they're probably unlikely to have an all-time great manager start his managerial career there, which is what happens when you pick a Serie D or French National or Vanarama South team.

The problem here is that a human manager should not automatically be an all-time-great manager. 

Why does this still happen in game? The appearance of a random grey keeper if you have an injury crisis. Just materialises out of thin air...

image.png.cba81ea84d6297b0dfaac7ac0bd61267.png

image.png.07f9b5c2081b7fe1d2b5e557d013a483.png

Edited by whatsupdoc

9 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

The appearance of a random grey keeper if you have an injury crisis. Just materialises out of thin air...

It's a 'filler' player.

So I play since pretty much the 90's when it was still called Championship manager and some things have hardly ever improved over the years.
I don't play short saves and don't do big clubs, I start in a lower league. I play long saves (20+ years).

- AI Squad building. Over time the AI can't make the right decisions and all competition seems to dissapear.
Winning Champions League Final with 5-0 is no fun.
Also watching some of the transfers going on, it's just very stupid. 
I also feel that the overal quality of all the teams seem to decrease over time.
Anyway, some hard work needed here.in this area, for many years now.

- International Management feels shallow. 
    When a team loses some of there key players, or the next generation is poor compared to previous years the board still expects you to reach the same goals.
    There is also no discussion in this, expectations vs reality.
    Also if the goal is to reach the semi final and you dominate every game, win by big margins and reach the quarter. In the quarter you lose very unlucky, although also dominated the match, you still get fired because you did'nt reach the goal.
    This is also unrealistic and there should be talks before ending contract.
    Also it seems impossible to ever return to a job (even 10 years later) if you got fired once before. No matter how many titles you have won since and still hold best internation records with the corresponding country. They always pick someone else, even with poor records.

- Social media in game.
    Use ChatGPT or something similar for this to make it much more dynamic and real instead of reading the same messages over and over again.

- UI obviously needed to improve years ago, finally we are going to see something completely new with FM25. Looking forward to it.
Hopefully the GUI will look and feel more like a game than before.

What did improve a lot is the match engine. I hope they kept it somehow in Unity, because for this was the strongest point of the game the last years.
I've seen goals and incidents that looked like real football.

Maybe people can add stuff I forgot :)

Since I can't modify my post I'll add another thing that hasn't been improved in years (applies to the AI).
They don't seem to rotate there squads enough at all. If I play a CL match and a small opponent in the weekend I play a B-team or at least spare some of my key players.
Then I play the AI team in the CL semi-final and they are tired after 45mins because they used the same squad in the weekend.

Not realistic, not ever improved.

13 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

I know but why? Shouldn't be a thing. 

I'm managing a club in the CL not a semi-pro team.

dont expect a greyed out player to match your squads value or quality lol... the player there is just a filler. thats it!!

6 hours ago, XV20 said:

dont expect a greyed out player to match your squads value or quality lol... the player there is just a filler. thats it!!

I'm saying that players shouldn't materialise out of thin air at professional clubs. There are rules that allow emergency GK signings... 

7 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

I'm saying that players shouldn't materialise out of thin air at professional clubs. There are rules that allow emergency GK signings... 

Also, there's always the 'play 17yr old from u19 squad' option. There's been plenty of times where GKs have been out injured and clubs play teenagers in goal.

Another example of poor player interaction, just had a player who is only a breakthrough prospect complaining about lack of game and reconning he deserves to play just as much as a legendary international defender, so I threaten to sell him, he says he doesn't want to leave but is happy to go out on loan, I'm happy to agree to him going on loan, but the game only gives me two possible replies both saying tough no loan, so now he is upset and I expect the squad to be upset now as well even though we've won 30 matches in a row.

7 hours ago, BoomBoomBigalow said:

How is Player Development going on? Still buggy?

Speaking about aged teams, AI don't let young players play, only takes players according their reputation.

Is this fixed?

The AI still does poorly in terms of developing young players IMO.

I like the feel of the slower development of players in this FM compared to previous ones I've played, especially where defenders and keepers are concerned.

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

The AI still does poorly in terms of developing young players IMO.

I like the feel of the slower development of players in this FM compared to previous ones I've played, especially where defenders and keepers are concerned.

was it this version that players have different development curves or am I making that up entirely? Like one player might develop fast another might develop more slowly? Development doesn't end at 21ish like it used to I think it was extended out to 24/25 to reflect some more recent phenomenons of the Vardy type path.

8 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

was it this version that players have different development curves or am I making that up entirely? Like one player might develop fast another might develop more slowly? Development doesn't end at 21ish like it used to I think it was extended out to 24/25 to reflect some more recent phenomenons of the Vardy type path.

There's a late developer system apparently but I haven't tried to use it. 

I do notice different development rates for each position though. 

12 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Some of them can developed even later, I guess.
In my save, Dean Huijsen is having a very good boost "now" that he's 25.

Nonetheless, AI has still a medium/low judgement in development of young players.
To stick to this example, he played for the Juventus U23 until the end of the contract, in 2029. No teams bought him earlier, although his rquests were not too high and he has a very good PA (based on scouting judgement).

Edited by Costav

4 hours ago, Costav said:

Nonetheless, AI has still a medium/low judgement in development of young players.

I haven't really experienced this a lot. In the one long term save I have Arsenal bought an 18 year old striker and turned him into the best striker in the world by 20. I think he started with a higher CA but they bought him before I could (that's a separate issue I have with scouting).

Some of it might be related to how many players you have loaded too. If there are too many good players (i.e. lots of players small number of leagues) then there's not enough game time for players to develop. The other challenge is with reduced injuries there's less of a chance for rotation/breakthrough players to get extended runs of games in the first team.

Its also pretty easy for humans to identify the best players/young players but I've talked about that ad nauseam on these boards already so I'll leave that be.

I do think the game is better than it had been over the past 5 years, but there's probably a few quirks that exist that need attention. I doubt they'd ever satisfy everyone's opinion about it though.

16 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I haven't really experienced this a lot. In the one long term save I have Arsenal bought an 18 year old striker and turned him into the best striker in the world by 20. I think he started with a higher CA but they bought him before I could (that's a separate issue I have with scouting).

Some of it might be related to how many players you have loaded too. If there are too many good players (i.e. lots of players small number of leagues) then there's not enough game time for players to develop. The other challenge is with reduced injuries there's less of a chance for rotation/breakthrough players to get extended runs of games in the first team.

Its also pretty easy for humans to identify the best players/young players but I've talked about that ad nauseam on these boards already so I'll leave that be.

I do think the game is better than it had been over the past 5 years, but there's probably a few quirks that exist that need attention. I doubt they'd ever satisfy everyone's opinion about it though.

Strikers develop quickest I find.

Also, it's fairly subjective but I find FM24 one of the more frustrating recent versions. My basic feeling on it is that I have to "play the game" (leaning into what works and avoiding what doesn't) more than I ever have. 

E.g. avoiding instructions like "play out from the back"... feeling fairly forced into using attacking central roles like AM(a) and AF rather than deeper central roles that create and rely on more goals from IFs.

The old problems with OP pressing are still there, you can add hard tackling being OP to that for FM24, not to mention focus out wide, low crossing, attacking FBs / WBs and double DMs with support roles. 

You notice this kind of thing with which AI managers succeed / fail. Guardiola is a typical example. He doesn't rely on many / any of the OP mechanics above, and uses several of those that aren't working well. In my current save he's been sacked 3 times, latest being in 13th spot after 22 games with ultra rich Newcastle's super soldier team. 

I also find specific attributes which should be important to effectively play certain roles / systems take a back seat to overall OP attributes, and OP roles/role combinations.

An easy example of this is DMs on support (E.g. volante). They get too far forward and contribute too much in the final third regardless of attributes like stamina and off the ball. Only players with extremely high attributes in the relevant areas should be able to do what every player now does in a forward moving DM role. 

IF(a) has the opposite problem. You can give them 20 for pace, acceleration, off the ball and all the relevant PPMs and they simply won't make enough penetrating diagonal runs off the ball. It's hard coded in a sub par way. The solution many ppl use is wide pressing forwards on support duty, which replicate both the attacking and defensive movement of an IF more accurately. 

For the engine to progress I feel that attributes need to modify the hard coded movement more than they currently do. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I totally agree with this sentence. The game improved in the last years, that's true.

However I was referring not only on direct development of wonderkids, but to young prospect in general. Coming back to the previous example (btw, 22 laugues from 16 countries loaded), Juventus kept Huijsen around 4 years in the U23 team (PLaying in the 4th series in Italy). I found it extremely useless, because they could have developed the player sending him on loan (at least in Serie B) to express his potential. As well as Huijsen, I noticed many other cases (expecially when the club has a B team). 

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Also, it's fairly subjective but I find FM24 one of the more frustrating recent versions. My basic feeling on it is that I have to "play the game" (leaning into what works and avoiding what doesn't) more than I ever have. 

E.g. avoiding instructions like "play out from the back"... feeling fairly forced into using attacking central roles like AM(a) and AF rather than deeper central roles that create and rely on more goals from IFs.

I don't fully agree with you on this.
It is true that the game is going more and more toward an "easy/accessible" modality (I am one of those who decided to play with hidden attributes because it was becoming too easy), but you can win using non-OP tactics too.

However it is true, from what I perceived, that they extremized the positional play and now IFs/ do not cut inside the defenses because there may be a Mezzala occupying the same space. This just as an example.
To overcome this issue, we should be able to expressely instruct the players how to move (where to go) in specific situations (exactly as a coach would do during training sessions), but I guess it is too much... 

19 minutes ago, Costav said:

I totally agree with this sentence. The game improved in the last years, that's true.

However I was referring not only on direct development of wonderkids, but to young prospect in general. Coming back to the previous example (btw, 22 laugues from 16 countries loaded), Juventus kept Huijsen around 4 years in the U23 team (PLaying in the 4th series in Italy). I found it extremely useless, because they could have developed the player sending him on loan (at least in Serie B) to express his potential. As well as Huijsen, I noticed many other cases (expecially when the club has a B team). 

I don't fully agree with you on this.
It is true that the game is going more and more toward an "easy/accessible" modality (I am one of those who decided to play with hidden attributes because it was becoming too easy), but you can win using non-OP tactics too.

However it is true, from what I perceived, that they extremized the positional play and now IFs/ do not cut inside the defenses because there may be a Mezzala occupying the same space. This just as an example.
To overcome this issue, we should be able to expressely instruct the players how to move (where to go) in specific situations (exactly as a coach would do during training sessions), but I guess it is too much... 

This used to be in the game about 20-25 years ago :D

You could quite freely instruct where you wanted them to be with/without the ball.

image.png.718524d253547671f7ad511432c642b3.png

Not coming back any time soon. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

On 29/08/2024 at 09:26, whatsupdoc said:

You notice this kind of thing with which AI managers succeed / fail. Guardiola is a typical example. He doesn't rely on many / any of the OP mechanics above, and uses several of those that aren't working well. In my current save he's been sacked 3 times, latest being in 13th spot after 22 games with ultra rich Newcastle's super soldier team. 

I feel like this has more to do with the owners being coded as super impatient more than anything. They don't underacheive in my games with liverpool and them often vying for the title every year and smashing teams constantly. There of course has to be a world where it all goes wrong for City because that's just the nature of probability. If you simulate 1000s of seasons a few of those are going to have them finish below expectations. It also doesn't help that Pep's contract is super short and the game definitely reacts to that when it comes to manager decisions.

21 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

You could quite freely instruct where you wanted them to be with/without the ball.

Challenge with this system is how easily it is exploited because there's no guardrails to stop the human from doing things that would never be tested.

21 hours ago, Costav said:

Just curious how many players? If you didn't do a custom database then its probably not that but if you say loaded in all of europe/SA/NA then there might just be too many players to create real demand since so many can be found cheaply. Its one of the things I think SI can improve at game start because the ramifications aren't felt until you're well into a save.

What also might be stopping them is loan fee and wage demands can be unrealistic. There's very little flexibility from the AI side with that in my experience. You either accept their loan demands or you don't. same goes for AI to AI transfers too. If no Serie B team could afford it, that'd be why he never went out on loan.

That said I know it isn't popular but younger player should be pushing much more for playing time and ultimately more accepting of moving to smaller clubs to get that playing time. Once they hit 20/21 the complaints really should start to pour in about needing first team minutes. It should basically be untenable to hold onto them unless they're at least a solid rotation option in your team or just lack any sort of ambition. I think this could be helped with agents being more demanding about playing time pathways for young players getting their first/second professional terms.

Please make player roles and duties more fluid. It's so one dimensional. For example, a winger on "attack" duty will press the defense more, but in possession they won't come towards the ball to receive it, vice versa. In real life, you aren't always telling your players to do one thing or the other, ie pep's team. In possession they come to the ball in support, but on defense theyre all pressing high. Inverted wingbacks are ALWAYS tucked inside, they do overlap when necessary, etc. The game is so blocky/rigid.

Team width only matters until the final third. I play on the highest width possible and with wingers wide, but once we get in the final third, my wingers get narrow. No they dont have player traits, etc. I want them to stay wide, please fix. the team becomes so narrow especially with inverted wingbacks. At least allow the option to let the inverted wingbacks overlap at that point. So annoying

AI managers doing horrible deals. Real madrid sells vinicious, bellingham, or rodrygo and they sign freakin joe right back from bologna or something. They don't follow their sign world class players policy/vision. just plain old unrealistic transfers all around. AI gets so easy as saves go on.