Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Madjionicar said:

keep in mind, that all these players, beside 2 defenders, have no stats over 15.

when I say all players, I mean substitutions also.  

results (after 2 games) after group:

knock out round - Juventus   3:1

1/16 - Bayern 3:3* penalties*

Quarter finale - Athl Bilbao 3:1

Semi final - MUTD 2:1

Didn't even set, set peace's, corners, penalties...

Just look at playing time....

FM1.PNG

fm2.PNG

fm3.PNG

fm4.PNG

You only have a single nation loaded. You will never get representative results in international football with a set up like that.

4 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

You only have a single nation loaded. You will never get representative results in international football with a set up like that.

In fm23, same setup, took me 10 seasons to be in semifinals. Stop trying to find excuses for this abomination.

People are playing this game for this long, because is hard (REAL)....

If you take that from this game, you ruined everything.... 

39 minutos atrás, Madjionicar disse:

keep in mind, that all these players, beside 2 defenders, have no stats over 15.

FM1.PNG

fm2.PNG

fm3.PNG

fm4.PNG

This is bizarre, you've knocked juventus, bayern, man utd and liverpool! Not to mention how easy it must be playing the serbian league, how does one continue a save after performances like that ? Thank you for the screenshots

51 minutes ago, Madjionicar said:

FM1.PNG

fm2.PNG

fm3.PNG

fm4.PNG

You tried to replicate when not using a downloadable tactic thats well known to break the game?

32 minutes ago, Madjionicar said:

In fm23, same setup, took me 10 seasons to be in semifinals. Stop trying to find excuses for this abomination.

People are playing this game for this long, because is hard (REAL)....

If you take that from this game, you ruined everything.... 

I've managed to get out of the CL group stages after a couple seasons with an Icelandic youth only save with a set up like that way back in FM17 or FM18 with a team that starts in the second division, the game has always been stupidly easy when set up like this because teams in inactive leagues simply do not function properly.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zachary Whyte:

Hello everyone, our latest update has gone live. For more information please check out the link below:

What changes have been made to the German database? Minor? Or bigger ones? I would like to know if a new safe would make sense cause I’m playing in germany. I read in the bug tracker forum weeks ago that someone has shown that the PA of german players in germany is too low compared to other leagues. Is it this case?

Perhaps someone can tell what has exactly been done with the last update in this case. 

1 minute ago, Chris2509 said:

image.thumb.png.6cb3305e9af4ecf1bdc3564d3a594b05.png

The analyst report for scoring stays empty for me. This happens in every save, every skin, and for both my own team as well as opposition teams.

The conceding graph does work properly.

Anyone had this?

Try clear your cache and delete the preferences folder and then try again.

4 hours ago, Chris2509 said:

couldn't find a preferences folder, but clearing cache didn't seem to solve the issue :(

C:\Users\“Your Username”\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\Preferences

Edited by dzek

Love how you guys address issue about analysis page.

How about add more competitions award for U20 and U18 level competition to virtually increased reputation so that the AI will use young players more?  Like defensive player of the year, golden boot for U18 and 20 level,...

I have this idea from daveincid. What a great guy

It's hard to immerse yourself in a world where the transfer market is absolute bonkers.

EthanNwaneri_TransferOffer-2.thumb.png.ae3181a75d828be092fbdea8ff134530.png

This is an absurd negotiation. A wonderkid who has 'fringe player' squad status, with the chance to go play regularly at a top club in a league with a fairly strong league, being blocked because of some nonsense £169M mandatory future fee clause. It's even sillier when you consider they're currently trying to sign Jonathan David from me. Everything in the transfer world just appears to happen independently of whatever else is happening in the game world.

Then you get into the valuations of players. Lille value Tiago Djalo at 92-111m. Franck Kessie is valued at 46-68M. OGC Nice reckon they're getting between 106-157M for Thuram. Melvin Bard is their LB and in order to get him you're looking at between 79-95M. For a left back in the French division. That's just a quick look at a few top players, and yes they're top players (not actual transfer targets of mine) but not every single football club in world football is operating with the finances of the Premier League TV deal. Any good footballer now requires an ungodly amount of money to acquire them, to the point where I don't even think Premier league clubs can do deals properly in the game.

28 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

Then you get into the valuations of players. Lille value Tiago Djalo at 92-111m. Franck Kessie is valued at 46-68M. OGC Nice reckon they're getting between 106-157M for Thuram. Melvin Bard is their LB and in order to get him you're looking at between 79-95M. For a left back in the French division. That's just a quick look at a few top players, and yes they're top players (not actual transfer targets of mine) but not every single football club in world football is operating with the finances of the Premier League TV deal. Any good footballer now requires an ungodly amount of money to acquire them, to the point where I don't even think Premier league clubs can do deals properly in the game.

The high asking price AI clubs ask for isnt wrong, as such.

It was put in because people complained that AI clubs would reject offers and just say "not for sale", these threads were filled with complaints it wasn't realistic as "every player has a price".

A ridiculously high price just means them telling you they dont want to sell the player. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The high asking price AI clubs ask for isnt wrong, as such.

It was put in because people complained that AI clubs would reject offers and just say "not for sale", these threads were filled with complaints it wasn't realistic as "every player has a price".

A ridiculously high price just means them telling you they dont want to sell the player. 

I would say it is wrong. How many football clubs are able to hold on to players they don't want to sell? Most of these clubs will have low transfer budgets and will be relying on income from transfers, and yet those incomes aren't happening because any decent player gets slapped with an absurd price on them. 

The way the market works at the moment is incredibly silly.

I've put some editor files and I am creating a new save, surprisingly it says my database is 24.0.0? I thought it should be 24.2 or something like that?

When I go to Game Status it says 24.2 as it should be, but when creating a new game it shows 24.0.0 and there is no option to select a different database. It it working this way or there's something wrong with my files?

8 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I've put some editor files and I am creating a new save, surprisingly it says my database is 24.0.0? I thought it should be 24.2 or something like that?

When I go to Game Status it says 24.2 as it should be, but when creating a new game it shows 24.0.0 and there is no option to select a different database. It it working this way or there's something wrong with my files?

Game Version is not the same as Database Version. If there's only minimal changes they keep the same DB version (which then has the benefit of not having to update/re-verify editor files). In 23 for example we had 23.0, 23.3 and 23.4 for Database versions.

Edited by Marinho

Just now, Marinho said:

Game Version is not the same as Database Version. If there's only minimal changes they keep the same DB version. In 23 for example we had 23.0, 23.3 and 23.4 for Database versions.

Thanks!

I do have to say after the update the other week, I think this might be possibly my favourite ME of possibly any edition just for the sheer variety of goals and ways you can succeed and fail with a range of tactics, set ups and mentalities. Also feel the game is far superior in other fields such as AI transfers and player development compared to recent versions.

1 hour ago, WelshMourinho said:

I would say it is wrong. How many football clubs are able to hold on to players they don't want to sell? Most of these clubs will have low transfer budgets and will be relying on income from transfers, and yet those incomes aren't happening because any decent player gets slapped with an absurd price on them. 

The way the market works at the moment is incredibly silly.

Then go unsettle the player, get them to request a transfer and force the AI to sell. As long as the player is perfectly happy why would the AI not just say "Not for sale unless you come with something stupid".

Job application/hopping and/or reputation deciding job shortlisting needs to be looked at for future games imo.

Starting with Sunday league (half star) reputation I got Pboro Sports (VNN) promoted in my first season (with a board expectation of avoiding relegation) and now 20 games into second season I'm 3rd in the VNL with the board expectation to be fight bravely against relegation. I've applied to about 20 L2/L1 jobs since promotion (and now i'm one star reputation) and while i would by no means expect to be appointed simply for this achievement it's impossible to even get a job interview for any of them

Most of them come back with the slightly infuriating tagline of not shortlisting me due to my lack of experience guiding teams away from relegation. I've got a relegation candidate promoted ffs!! 

6 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Then go unsettle the player, get them to request a transfer and force the AI to sell. As long as the player is perfectly happy why would the AI not just say "Not for sale unless you come with something stupid".

Whilst I do agree, it does seem extremely difficult to unsettle an AI player compared to the other way round your own player. I have been much bigger reputation clubs than the AI and tried to play that game and nothing has occurred on a few occasions. Might just be me...

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, our latest update has gone live. For more information please check out the link below:

Could somebody clear this up for me please? I played FM during the weekend, this update post was created Thursday. Has this update been out all weekend? Or was this released today?

2 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Could somebody clear this up for me please? I played FM during the weekend, this update post was created Thursday. Has this update been out all weekend? Or was this released today?

It was released today. I'm no expert but my guess is the post was written on Thursday but was hidden and it went live only today when the update was ready to be released. For some reason SI didn't want to release the update last week, I believe.

9 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

It was released today. I'm no expert but my guess is the post was written on Thursday but was hidden and it went live only today when the update was ready to be released. For some reason SI didn't want to release the update last week, I believe.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, makavali said:

Two seasons in, I agree that this game feels way easier than previous years. Granted, I'm playing in Latvia with a team that's predicted to finish 2nd, but I'm absolutely steamrolling the league, won the cup using my U18s, and qualified for Conference in the first season, almost reaching the knockouts in a tough group. I constantly beat every other title contender away from home with a margin of 3-4 goals. If it's a relegation candidate, I must drop down to the lowest possible tempo and passing, otherwise, I'll put 9 past them. My tactics are pragmatic, simple control possession, low tempo with an average amount of pressing without getting stuck in. I've spent almost 0, as I'm building a full Latvian team and I'm constantly playing woeful 17-year-olds. In the first season, I beat Lille at home and it wasn't a fluke. :confused:

I'm aware that I might be good at the game. However, the problem is that I did an identical save last year and it was way, way trickier than now. I was able to scrape titles and European group stage entries, but as soon as I got rid of all of the foreign players, I was not able to qualify at all and each season was a tight title race. Yes, I become better each year, but the issue is clear and obvious. The story about Partizan above is absolute shambles. 

Not to add that my rivals are braindead. For example, the third-best team in the league playing a 17-year-old GK (no injuries, they simply did not sign anyone although their main keeper left for free) with all stats below 10 and the richest team in the country signing free agents on amateur contracts that have been unemployed for the past 2 seasons. Each year some nuances need to be addressed and no FM is perfect, but something feels really off with this year's game. 

Plus, the goalscoring and set pieces are still ridiculous. 

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 22.08.26.png

This is exactly how I feel about this year's game. Last year's game final patch was a good one, and I hoped that everything being brought into this year's game would be an enhancement of the real progress made at the end of last year's game.

I don't know what's gone wrong this year.

4 hours ago, dzek said:

C: > Users > “Your Username” \AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\Preferences

little update on this: this specific folder doesn't seem to exist for me (there's no folder called AppData either), but clearing cache definitely didn't help.

Did anyone have the same issue before? I can't be the first one

22 minutes ago, Chris2509 said:

little update on this: this specific folder doesn't seem to exist for me (there's no folder called AppData either), but clearing cache definitely didn't help.

You need to check the option to "show hidden files"

24 minutes ago, Chris2509 said:

Are you using Windows or Mac?

If you are on Windows open file explorer and copy paste that path I sent you but change the username to yours.

Edited by dzek

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

You need to check the option to "show hidden files"

Thanks, found it!

So even after deleting said folder + clearing cache and reloading skin - the scoring analysis stays empty for me. Frustrating.

6 minutes ago, dzek said:

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Windows

9 minutes ago, Chris2509 said:

Thanks, found it!

So even after deleting said folder + clearing cache and reloading skin - the scoring analysis stays empty for me. Frustrating.

Windows

The last thing I will suggest is to verify your game files through Steam or Epic otherwise report it as a bug.

3 minutes ago, dzek said:

The last thing I will suggest is to verify your game files through Steam or Epic otherwise report it as a bug.

Update: after closing the game and reopening it (also new update installed), it is now working. Seems like deleting the preferences + clearing cache was the solution after all.

Thank you guys!

Got to say I'm disappointed in the updates so far. Great for those that were affected by the issues I suppose, but that's not me. The issues I have with the game aren't getting fixed. Why are African/Asian coefficients still not displaying correctly? And new issues are being created. Why wasn't UEFA Home Grown status not showing fully (broken by the 24.2 update) not fixed in 24.2.1?

15 hours ago, Madjionicar said:

I don't understand  how people can say, don't do this don't do that.... I had tactics, shortlists of wonder kids, free agents all stats for me maximum as possible, and with all that i was not able to win CL.

after 5-10 years i was competitive for CL with Partizan.

I installed the game, first save, after 3 days i won CL... At start of the season 2, changed the tactics, so they were not playing the same tactic for two years, I delegate most of the stuff(press conf, trainings, team talk,)

And how I'm I suppose to make it difficult?  It's like saying, here play the game but try to lose...

I could have won the CL without any transfers at all, because the starting eleven it the finals, eight or nine are in the club from start....

Just to point how surreal this is, they failed to qualify  this season for Conference league, losing 5:0 0:1 from  Nordsjaelland (in real life)

i lost 3 champions league finals in a row, 1 on pen, 1 in extra time and 1 for 1-0. i was the underdog in all 3 games though but it hurts!

10 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

Anyone playing network and getting the same fixtures as other player? Had it 3 seasons in a row, 2 seasons offset by 1 game and the 3rd by 4 games but all fixtures are in the same order for us each season, barring the odd rescheduled game because of cups.

This has been happening for ever. Not sure if it's a thing that happens IRL?

9 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Whilst I do agree, it does seem extremely difficult to unsettle an AI player compared to the other way round your own player. I have been much bigger reputation clubs than the AI and tried to play that game and nothing has occurred on a few occasions. Might just be me...

I don't think I've ever successfully unsettled an AI player and gone on to sign them.

So I just watched Lollujo video with tips and he said basically that the installments when buying a player don't work properly? Like, you can buy let's say three 100mil players with the budget of 60mil. Paying the 20mil per player upfront and 80mil per player in installments and then you should pay 25mil times 3 for the next three years. But you don't actually pay those 75mil per season! I mean that is a game breaking bug right there.. I had no idea about this. So if you are the seller does it mean you never get those 75mil per season?

Is this true? Can someone confirm or deny this? This is game breaking if true.

11 hours ago, janesy20 said:

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I don't think I've ever successfully unsettled an AI player and gone on to sign them.

I've unsettled quite a lot of players just by throwing lowball offers like the AI loves to do. Obviously not all players will bite, but even then you can unsettle them if you put in the effort. Make them your top target, watch their games, send a scout to watch all their games and you can massively increase the players interest in joining you, then start throwing offers again and hope the player does kick up a tantrum. It will take some time and will cost you more effort than just buying someone that was already transfer listed anyway, but the tools exist to make these big transfers happen.