FM23/24 Editor - OFC Champions League Fixed?

oJMPx

Can anyone with the FM23/24 editor check which XML database SI are using for the OFC Champions League, suspect its still the 2017 version that is broken in game

Im still playing FM21 and have found a work around, but hoping they have actually updated it in the last few years

Much appreciated

2 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

24 editor isn't out yet, but 23 lists it as 2017. What's broken about it in game? It's possible they fixed it without changing the file name.

Thanks very much for checking

As it stands the OFC Champions League never selects the correct teams to qualify each year. I've managed to fix this buy creating custom leagues that run Feb-Nov with a 4 team championship playoff. This is the only way to get the correct teams to qualify

6 minutes ago, oJMPx said:

Thanks very much for checking

As it stands the OFC Champions League never selects the correct teams to qualify each year. I've managed to fix this buy creating custom leagues that run Feb-Nov with a 4 team championship playoff. This is the only way to get the correct teams to qualify

huh, I see on wikipedia it's only 2 groups now too? In game (FM24 included) it's still the 4 group format.

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

huh, I see on wikipedia it's only 2 groups now too? In game (FM24 included) it's still the 4 group format.

Yeah exactly, format has changed quite a bit since the 2017 format SI have been using. Annoying that it's never been updated. And if you create OFC Champions League from scratch, it kills the dynamic reputation of the league and cup competitions

Right now it just uses "get qualified teams", so if you were to use a custom league (say, in New Zealand) try enabling "continental cup rules" under "other league stage rules" and specify the two teams you want to send for each custom league (guessing league and cup winner). My O-League redux file on Steam uses the real-life format for 2023 and I've just kept that "get qualified teams" thing - whatever it does in the background by default is sending 2 teams each for all the big nations and 1 team for the four developing associations