Realistic injuries option (a proposal)

tonidopa

As a veteran of the game who finds it increasingly easy to beat the AI in every league, I think the game should have more injuries or at least give players the option for real-life numbers instead of the current 75-80%. Personally I find it too easy to just give proper rest to players and avoid major setbacks for entire seasons. This makes the experience much less challenging than it should be. Just look at the real world and compare. Top teams are finding it harder and harder to keep their squads fit even with state of the art staff and facilities, and young players are specially prone to injury in their early development. Human players who feel hard done by the game can still play easy mode (current mode) or use the in-game editor to cheat and heal their players.

I know i't contrary to SI philosophy to have difficulty levels (and rightly so), but this should be considered at least as a semi-official data file for hardcore gamers.

15 hours ago, tonidopa said:

I think the game should have more injuries or at least give players the option for real-life numbers instead of the current 75-80%. Personally I find it too easy to just give proper rest to players and avoid major setbacks for entire seasons. This makes the experience much less challenging than it should be. Just look at the real world and compare. Top teams are finding it harder and harder to keep their squads fit even with state of the art staff and facilities, and young players are specially prone to injury in their early development.

That is your approach to matches and training which should give you less injuries than in real life clubs. I have read while searching google How many hours does a footballer train?

Many sources state that professional footballers often train 30 hours a week which is over 4 hours a day if you divide it with 7 days.

"Top professional footballers have undoubtedly already put their hours in with an average of four to six hours of training every day. The hours we see top players on the pitch are a fraction of the time spent on the training ground and in the gym."

If a match uses up one training slot, then a session lasts around 90 minutes, a total of three sessions a day last 270 minutes = 4,5 hours. Unlike real life, you usually do not fill out the entire 3 sessions with training schedules.

Edited by Enzu225

hace 22 horas, Enzu225 dijo:

That is your approach to matches and training which should give you less injuries than in real life clubs.

I agree, that's why I want more injuries (quantity) in the game. As far as I know, we cannot change this in the editor, as the incidence ratio only states the percentage of total injuries that are of said type, but does not allow you to actually make the total number of injuries more or less.

Edited by tonidopa

I just thinking about this when I loaded up my first save in FM24 and straight out of the box there are 3 players out for at least 4 months, including a torn achilles for my first choice keeper, who is out 7-9 months. I don't think I've ever encountered an injury of that magnitude in the game, and I wish they were more frequent, if not just to make the game more challenging, but also to add another element of realism and unpredictability into the game.

And I don't think increasing injuries would be all bad, either. As a silver lining, it would also help me give more playing time to younger players who may not otherwise get a chance to get those minutes and help their development in the long run.

• 4 months later...