FMM24, Player Ability

• SI Staff

RSeven is largely correct - that is down to 'dribbling' and 'technique' .. basically how comfortable someone is on the ball under pressure, I'd also suggest making sure players have good decisions if you're trying to play that way.

11 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

RSeven is largely correct - that is down to 'dribbling' and 'technique' .. basically how comfortable someone is on the ball under pressure, I'd also suggest making sure players have good decisions if you're trying to play that way.

Ok. Thanks.

Are we saying that the 'uncomfortable on the ball' trait is just when they are under pressure from the opposition then?

It wouldn't happen but, for clarity, if you had a whole team that had the 'uncomfortable on the ball' trait, but there was little pressure from the opposition then you'd still be able to effectively play a control possession type style?

Edited by KAS2

• SI Staff
27 minutes ago, KAS2 said:

Ok. Thanks.

Are we saying that the 'uncomfortable on the ball' trait is just when they are under pressure from the opposition then?

It wouldn't happen but, for clarity, if you had a whole team that had the 'uncomfortable on the ball' trait, but there was little pressure from the opposition then you'd still be able to effectively play a control possession type style?

Uncomfortable on the ball is largely down to how much players want to retain posession and are comfortable with the ball - so yeah its largely related to them being under pressure, so a defender who has that trait is likely to just lump the ball away when put under pressure because he doesn't have the confidence/ability to do otherwise ... the technique is important because it can cause a player to be under pressure more easily, ie. I'm an amateur defender, when I (cough) control the ball from a pass often that means it ends up a couple of feet away from me, this gives opposition players more opportunity to close me down than a more technical player who might have it instantly under his control etc.

(does that make sense?)

13 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Uncomfortable on the ball is largely down to how much players want to retain posession and are comfortable with the ball - so yeah its largely related to them being under pressure, so a defender who has that trait is likely to just lump the ball away when put under pressure because he doesn't have the confidence/ability to do otherwise ... the technique is important because it can cause a player to be under pressure more easily, ie. I'm an amateur defender, when I (cough) control the ball from a pass often that means it ends up a couple of feet away from me, this gives opposition players more opportunity to close me down than a more technical player who might have it instantly under his control etc.

(does that make sense?)

Yes it does, thanks 👍🏻

I like the "(cough)". Ha. 🙂