Editor - How to replicate UE foreigns' rules to other continent.

bmonnier

Hi there,

I am trying to replicate the UE rules regarding foreign players to other continent.

So basically I would like that all African nations belong to an African unions where all africans players are not registered at foreigners in any competition happening in Africa. For exemple I play in South Africa second league, I could have unlimited players from Senegal, Togo, Algeria, etc and they would not count as foreigners for any competition. But obviously if I have a French, Brazilian or Australian players, they would count as foreigners.

Does anyone know if this is feasible and how to do that?

What I have tried so far: I have created a new agreement "African Union" and assigned all African countries to it. Then I went to South Africa competitions rules (advanced rules) and tried to add new squad rules>foreigners. But all the options listed here limited to what exist by default, I don't see the possibility to create this new rule. 

thanks for your help

Edited by bmonnier

• bmonnier changed the title to Editor - How to replicate UE foreigns' rules to other continent.

This should be done in a different way. Under Nation you have the option to set Nation Treated as non-Foreign. You can choose various options there, including nation continent, region and agreement.

There are two options for you, using an Agreement, easiest when you want to remove one specific nation from your list, or continent.

No need to set this in advanced rules.

image.thumb.png.4494696867dec1a7af8c5f9e0d7139d2.png

Does this finally work for FM24? It was broken in FM23 and earlier, but we raised it on the bugs forum.

In this case, your South African players would show up as "non-EU", even if South Africa was A) included in the new agreement ("African Union" I guess), and B) specifically set as "non-foreign" to itself. To apply the non-EU rules in San Marino, and a similar "agreement" rule in Qatar, I had to use an elaborate workaround giving everyone from those nations a second nationality and putting THAT in the agreement.

If they fixed this for FM24 it would be massive!

27 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Does this finally work for FM24? It was broken in FM23 and earlier, but we raised it on the bugs forum.

In this case, your South African players would show up as "non-EU", even if South Africa was A) included in the new agreement ("African Union" I guess), and B) specifically set as "non-foreign" to itself. To apply the non-EU rules in San Marino, and a similar "agreement" rule in Qatar, I had to use an elaborate workaround giving everyone from those nations a second nationality and putting THAT in the agreement.

If they fixed this for FM24 it would be massive!

Agreement worked for me in FM22

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

Agreement worked for me in FM22

An existing agreement? Or what are the details? In FM23, if you tried to add a non-EU rule to San Marino it would glitch like that, whether they were included as part of the EU (and/or as non-EU to themselves) or not. Same with Qatar and the Arab League/UAFA agreement. Immensely frustrating but also rewarding when I "beat" it by figuring out that workaround :lol:

56 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

OK, I think adding a team to an existing agreement might be fine. Maybe my issue arose because I wanted San Marino to have the non-EU rule but not actually join the EU. Definitely was an issue for the created agreement and Qatar. This would be a gamechanger if it works for @bmonnier

We really need wizards for things like the Qatar rules (the wizard that let you set up things, not the magical types)