[FM24] International overhaul (40 team WC, combined Americas & Asia/Oceania, regional African/Asian cups etc.)

56 minutes ago, mitchellisaperson said:

Is there any chance this file is still coming? I absolutely loved this database last year and I’d love to play it again on current patch!

Updated versions for the current patch are in the OP!

Haven't tested as much as usual, but looks like it's all running fine. A bit of fixture congestion for some countries, but not much that can really be done about that when adding tournaments.

20 hours ago, mitchellisaperson said:

Hey Rusty do you know how to move Russia to Asia (AFC) in this database?

Have a look for the Resource Archiver tutorial somewhere round here, not sure where exactly it is sorry. With that you can make the continent section editable. Then just change Russia to Asia, can be done as a separate file or part of this file, either way should work. All of my tournaments should automatically update to include a new team, so if Russia is changed to Asia they should be added to Asian Cup/WC qualifiers.

On 15/06/2024 at 07:44, rusty217 said:

Sorry for the late reply.

The host, or B team of the host, qualifies automatically. The 8 best losing teams (out of 9 total) from the Copa America playoff qualify.

Then the B team of the 3 best North American teams in the Copa America, and 11 highest ranked countries in North America not in the Copa America or Copa America playoff, qualify for the Gold Cup playoff. The 7 winning teams from that qualify for the Gold Cup.

Can you combination south and North America nations league into one and make that the qualifiers for a 32 Copa America ?or 24 what ever easier 

On 17/06/2024 at 22:57, omarsorto6 said:

Can you combination south and North America nations league into one and make that the qualifiers for a 32 Copa America ?or 24 what ever easier 

Potentially. I don't really have much free time at the moment though, sorry. Lots of overtime until near the end of July.

What kind of format exactly would you want for the Nations League?

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Potentially. I don't really have much free time at the moment though, sorry. Lots of overtime until near the end of July.

What kind of format exactly would you want for the Nations League?

The same way groups of four with four teams but all south and concacaf teams in it and make that the qualifying way. For copa America 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2023 at 10:39, J-Hood said:

always enjoy your files rusty, just wish CaF got more automatic spots over asia. on the FIFA Rankings their are 207 teams, if you take each region by teams in the top 75

CAF - 14 teams

CONMEBOL/Concacaf -  6/9 15 teams

Asia/Ocea - 10/0 10 teams 

just feels Caf get a tough deal when the other regions  need to merge to get the amount of strong teams as them

also glad you reduced the amount of playoff teams Europe get

I'm going to make my own file with more slots for CAF because they do just get hosed relative to the rest of the world.