Creative Cup Format Ideas - National Rules

Callum Graham

One idea I always wanted to get working was a sort of winner-stays-on style tournament.  You'd have an initial champion, and then a random team from a set division would be served up.  Then the winner of that match goes up against a random opponent in the next one.  And so on and so on.

I believe I had it semi-working, but from memory there were a few issues.  It was using basic rules, mind, so expect I could probably have solved some of them using advanced rules.

12 hours ago, forameuss said:

One idea I always wanted to get working was a sort of winner-stays-on style tournament.  You'd have an initial champion, and then a random team from a set division would be served up.  Then the winner of that match goes up against a random opponent in the next one.  And so on and so on.

I believe I had it semi-working, but from memory there were a few issues.  It was using basic rules, mind, so expect I could probably have solved some of them using advanced rules.

Like a wrestling belt, lol, love it. "Get last winner" vs. a number one contender every time

On my super league i made for FM23, i had a cup format with a bigger group stage of 8 teams with all playing each other once then top four go through to a standard format tot he final

also in the same database had a one off game at the start of the season as a first round with the winner gettng a huge 60m pay out, then going into a 4 team group stage with teams playing each other twice then going into a knockout satyle up to the semi final which was actually another seperate group of four in a world cup style group with three games each with the top two going through to the final in an end of the season showdown

Also the league system had 4 seperate leagues with the top 5 going through to the Champions Playoff in a tournament at the end of the season with the winner being crowned overall winner, is a really fun style database

Edited by UkFootballScore