[FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 730 Teams, 12 Levels

• animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 716 Team, 12 Levels

I've managed to take Winnipeg FC (L3P) to the third proper round of the Canadian Championship somehow, beating teams several divisions above (up to the Canadian Third Division) to get this far. Amazingly fun.

• animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 720 Team, 12 Levels
  • animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 707 Team, 12 Levels
  • animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 708 Teams, 12 Levels
2 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

Says 'Require 16 teams for canadian third division division west, found 14' in my pre game 

This is going to be a silly question, but when you are on the "Career set up" screen, do you have "24.3.0 Update" selected from the top level Database menu?

1 minute ago, animal31 said:

This is going to be a silly question, but when you are on the "Career set up" screen, do you have "24.3.0 Update" selected from the top level Database menu?

Yes, it's 24.3.0. It isn't a compatibility issue with lower league USA databases is it?

Edited by iGoldenBen

Just now, iGoldenBen said:

Yes, it's 24.3.0. It isn't a compatability issue with lower league USA databases is it?

That would do it, as Canadian Third Division West contains both Calgary Foothills and Thunder Bay Chill, teams that would be moved around in a USA database

Just now, animal31 said:

That would do it, as Canadian Third Division West contains both Calgary Foothills and Thunder Bay Chill, teams that would be moved around in a USA database

Ah that's why then, frustrating as I'm doing a polish only save, and only adding countries with a known polish diaspora, such as USA and Canada

Just now, iGoldenBen said:

Ah that's why then, frustrating as I'm doing a polish only save, and only adding countries with a known polish diaspora, such as USA and Canada

Unfortunately you'll have to manually edit the USA database and remove changes made to those teams, while also fixing in errors that pop up in it as you remove those teams from US leagues

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2024 at 18:57, animal31 said:

I figured I should probably post this poll again just to make sure everyone gets their voices heard

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCTzC6dwUqhN7sGJShr5Ehw1BiRVrkt9uvGKGSCo1N-0AgvQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Do you know of any US pyramid files that work with your latest file? The Ultimate US one worked in the previous update, but doesn't this time around for some reason.

7 hours ago, FootballHedgehog said:

Do you know of any US pyramid files that work with your latest file? The Ultimate US one worked in the previous update, but doesn't this time around for some reason.

Any update that doesn't change the league of canadian teams, and allows for their leagues to lose 1 or 2 teams will work

Anything else breaks. I haven't been able to test any individual databases however

• 1 month later...

Ive updated all of Western Canada, including new teams from Manitoba, to be accurate up to January 2024, and I have tested until 2045

The only major change is there is now an Ontario Central Division, as the new teams from Manitoba have pushed teams further east. All leagues have been rebalanced and sorted by new reputations

There however is still the issue of teams turning professional when they shouldn't, as this is a Football Manager based bug across all databases

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3241808979

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 24.4.1.fmf

• animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 720 Teams, 12 Levels
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to make a super basic CPL database with the Canadian teams in MLS moved to the CPL and every other team in Canada in an inactive division with 2 promotion/relegation slots per season. My problem is that it keeps making the Concacaf competitions disappear. I assume it has something to do with the Canadian Championship, so I did not add any rules to it or change it, but I'm still getting the CCC issues. Do you know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I've attached my working db here. 

Canada.fmf

9 hours ago, bold013hades said:

I'm trying to make a super basic CPL database with the Canadian teams in MLS moved to the CPL and every other team in Canada in an inactive division with 2 promotion/relegation slots per season. My problem is that it keeps making the Concacaf competitions disappear. I assume it has something to do with the Canadian Championship, so I did not add any rules to it or change it, but I'm still getting the CCC issues. Do you know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I've attached my working db here. 

Canada.fmf 17.42 kB · 0 downloads

The Canadian Championship needs to qualify teams for the concacaf champions league

and teams in the MLS are automatically qualified into the Leagues Cup, which explictly tries to get teams from Canada

So chances are the qualification is broken. You can check the rules by doing the "give competition to greece, add competitions to greece, convert to advanced rules" trick

I believe I found the solution to the teams in lower levels going Semi Pro

They were going Semi Pro to try to match other teams, such as the Canadian Soccer League teams, in their level. As all the low level CSL teams are semi pro in real life, they'll have to be changed to reflect this glitch unfortunately, but it will make for a better experience

• animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 730 Teams, 12 Levels
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The 3rd youth divisions have gotten far too big, playing 18 games for teams that probably literally dont even have 23 players to begin with. As such I have added a 4th level of youth competition, while allows me to also increase the number of groups in the bottom level from 18 to 24, bringing the season length for literal 1 reputation teams down from 18 to 10

Which if we do the math (96 teams in 4 groups in Division 3 means keeping 672 games, x2 for both age groups) means a total of 3692 less games in the season. This gives us 4 or 5 teams in a group, which is plenty small enough. 3 teams from each group get relegated, so theres plenty of movement for those starting at the bottom

Edited by animal31

hace 1 hora, animal31 dijo:

The 3rd youth divisions have gotten far too big, playing 18 games for teams that probably literally dont even have 23 players to begin with. As such I have added a 4th level of youth competition, while allows me to also increase the number of groups in the bottom level from 18 to 24, bringing the season length for literal 1 reputation teams down from 18 to 10

Which if we do the math (96 teams in 4 groups in Division 3 means keeping 672 games, x2 for both age groups) means a total of 3692 less games in the season. This gives us 4 or 5 teams in a group, which is plenty small enough. Half of each group gets promoted, so theres plenty of movement for those starting at the bottom

Hi! These modifications will be available in the next update?

Also I forgot to mention, but with the branding release of Rise FC, the Vancouver Whitecaps Women's team in the Northern super League, yes everything in this database will have a woman's version

As this database is meant to be "future proofed", (IE Prarieland FC), Every men's team will have a corresponding woman's team, and every woman's team will have a corresponding men's team. I would like to hope teams like the Caps, TFC, or Montreal will all have womens teams by 2050, so if you end up playing until 2050 like many of us do, the soccer world should be reflective of that. Since you cant add teams to a game in progress

This is similar to how the current database works in relation to Usports teams without mens teams, or even soccer teams. It's just assumed that they will have one eventually, so they're in the game. The leagues themselves will be identical, but the teams will of course have penalties for not fielding a team, the same way that those Usports teams are. You'll notice that St Mary's University in Alberta is at a lower reputation to the other teams, because they don't actually have a soccer team, but they do play other sports in ACAC. University of Alberta Augustana has a womens team, but no mens team, so their reputation is higher, but not as high as the rest. This design will simply be flipped for the women's side. Doubly so that the CPL teams don't just dominate the NSL, and the NSL teams won't compete as strongly in the CPL, but they will compete. 

This will also mean that the other MLS teams will begin to field an affiliate in the CPL, and NSL, just to maintain parity with the Whitecaps/Rise FC

It will be funny to see the NSL immediately gain 10 teams, but that's where they should have been 12 years ago lets be real, but it will give Canada a total of 20 professional teams; The 3 MLS, the current 8 CPL, the 2 extinct, the 2 confirmed expansions, and the 5 non-MLS NSL teams. 

I might also have to update the NWSL as a part of this, to put the MLS teams where they should be, and make sure the Canadians abroad have the correct attributes. Exciting times

I just did a simulation up to 2055 with the new structure, and admittedly only Canada and the US loaded, but Canada now ranks 12th in the world

My analytical monkey brain has been triggered and now I want to see what the baseline result for Canada is, with all leagues loaded with every player loaded, in the default database, compared to this one with he same loaded leagues and players

It might take a year to simulate but ill let you know