[FM24.3] TMC Megapack

7 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Also you might have to tweak the way I exclude the active Euro teams from 2025 onward if you make it recurring. Not sure if it's still 16 teams advancing + 8 dropping down from the UCL to the EL (and so on to the ECL) in the new format. This ending after one edition had the convenient side effect of me not worrying about that ;)

No dropouts from UCL to EL to ECL btw, so I'm gonna have to make some tweaks? Simming a test with the current changes and I'll see how it goes but thanks for the info

Edited by Vakama2619

Posted (edited)

Right now when the Coronation Cup sets up in mid-Jan 2024, it excludes all active teams in the big 3 tournaments, from a quick look at a future save and the new format, from 2025 onward you might just need to change the UCL "best teams in competition" number from 16 to 24 in the entries for the Welsh, Northern Irish and Gibraltarian teams in the qualifying round, and the Scottish and English teams in the knockouts. Otherwise, looks like the rules should still work (currently excluding the last 24 in EL and ECL, which work in the new formats too)

This would probably go well with @V50's Caribbean megapack. In one of my sims, two Jamaican clubs made the quarterfinals somehow, and in another, two made the round of 16 along with a Vincentian and a Kittitian club. Go CFU!

Edited by themodelcitizen

Posted (edited)

Here's a revived Pan-Pacific Championship that plays a similar role from 2025 in giving teams who aren't active in their regional Champions Leagues something to do.

Clubs from top countries on the Pacific Rim send teams, with a highly competitive range of leagues from the A-League (99 reputation) to Liga MX (145 rep):

Spoiler

PPC.thumb.png.004c5b9b4dbd27c436ec6e2c668477ad.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

Posted (edited)

Apparently the ASEAN Club Championship is finally being played this year, with a big-money sponsor so it might actually happen.

Supposedly it will overlap with the AFC Champions League, but if you're playing in Indonesia or Thailand or thereabouts then I imagine the fixture pile-up will be pretty crazy:

Spoiler

buriram1.thumb.png.80cd28ac463f1429834b8ca375eed806.pngburiram2.thumb.png.01e77f0e9c8da21c3408cf9947640e1a.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

I've also given the winner a spot in the Pan-Pacific Championship as long as they're not in the ACL last 16 (or AFC Cup) the following January.

On 03/05/2024 at 10:12, themodelcitizen said:

Here's a revived Pan-Pacific Championship that plays a similar role from 2025 in giving teams who aren't active in their regional Champions Leagues something to do.

Clubs from top countries on the Pacific Rim send teams, with a highly competitive range of leagues from the A-League (99 reputation) to Liga MX (145 rep):

Reveal hidden contents

PPC.thumb.png.004c5b9b4dbd27c436ec6e2c668477ad.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

17 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Apparently the ASEAN Club Championship is finally being played this year, with a big-money sponsor so it might actually happen.

Supposedly it will overlap with the AFC Champions League, but if you're playing in Indonesia or Thailand or thereabouts then I imagine the fixture pile-up will be pretty crazy:

Reveal hidden contents

buriram1.thumb.png.80cd28ac463f1429834b8ca375eed806.pngburiram2.thumb.png.01e77f0e9c8da21c3408cf9947640e1a.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

I've also given the winner a spot in the Pan-Pacific Championship as long as they're not in the ACL last 16 (or AFC Cup) the following January.

Amazing work as always @themodelcitizen!

On 29/04/2024 at 14:25, themodelcitizen said:

This would probably go well with @V50's Caribbean megapack. In one of my sims, two Jamaican clubs made the quarterfinals somehow, and in another, two made the round of 16 along with a Vincentian and a Kittitian club. Go CFU!

Sounds like my queue to re-install this file, I'm actually not sure if I've used the pack this year, sounds like it's time to do so!

Cheers! The Coronation Cup is one season only mind you, but the improved CONCACAF continental stuff this year was nice from SI and makes it worth playing. I thought about something like a Commonwealth Champions League but I this is enough along that theme for now

Posted (edited)

Here's some minor adjustments to the Copa América this summer to put games at the correct stadiums. It's a small thing, but I hate seeing games hosted at the big college stadiums when it's all flashy new NFL stadiums in real life. Might work on a fantasy version expanding it to 24 teams with some invited teams like in the past.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

Edit: Not sure if I broke the Finalissima (Euro vs. Copa America winner)... is that working for anyone else since the latest update? Doesn't seem to have drawn here, but it may be a fate action or something I accidentally wiped somehow

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/05/2024 at 16:44, themodelcitizen said:

Edit: Not sure if I broke the Finalissima (Euro vs. Copa America winner)... is that working for anyone else since the latest update?

I've noticed it doesn't work in all my tests 

I don't think I did anything that should affect it, I guess there might be some default issues with it. I'd rather the old Confederations Cup back to be honest, just no room on the calendar for it

• 3 weeks later...