Long Term Save in FM24?

Is FM24 in good enough shape to consider beginning a new long-term career save?  I realize of course there will always be some bugs at launch, but I am just wondering what the consensus is on this, and whether or not it might be better to wait for an update(s)?

Yes, absolutely. 

But it's up to you, you'll get wildly different opinions on this on here. My own experience of the game has been hugely positive. Others have found it not so. 

One piece of advice I'd give to anyone though. If you are going to start a save, don't go into it looking for things that may or may not be wrong with the game as many people do. You'll never get any enjoyment from it if you do. Just play, enjoy, and if you do encounter something you think isn't right, report it and move on. 

If you have a specific league in mind that you want to play in, I'd recommend looking at the Bugs thread for that competition to ensure there isn't anything game-breaking.

You can find the competition bug threads here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/competition-rules-and-schedule/ 

Other kinds of bugs can be resolved with patches on ongoing saves.

Outside of that, I'm echoing DD's comment above. This type of game will always have bugs that if you read about them, they sound game-breaking and stop you from playing. The final version of every FM ever has bugs that look massive if you read about them. Odds are you would never find out about them if you just played.

45 minutes ago, psucolonel said:

Is FM24 in good enough shape to consider beginning a new long-term career save?  I realize of course there will always be some bugs at launch, but I am just wondering what the consensus is on this, and whether or not it might be better to wait for an update(s)?

Long-term save? No, simply because AI doesn't rotate or sub players enough. Therefore, AI will spend big money on players and never play them like they should.

BTW, this is SMJ from OOTP forums...