[FM24] Russia Back to International Comp

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for creating this. Could you please send me a message or add a link where I can directly download the file from this website because I am in China and it won't let me download from the link above just like I can't get onto Youtube, Google and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutos atrás, \'Appy \'Ammer disse:

I'm trying to get my head around creating new nations. In this file Gibraltar has been moved to Africa, and Kazakhstan to Asia. Why is that? Would it not work just to replace the Russia (791) with the USSR (583), and leave it at that, or am i being too simplistic?

maybe URSS is probaly name rather that USSR

On 29/12/2023 at 02:25, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I'm trying to get my head around creating new nations. In this file Gibraltar has been moved to Africa, and Kazakhstan to Asia. Why is that? Would it not work just to replace the Russia (791) with the USSR (583), and leave it at that, or am i being too simplistic?

Both European club and international competitions are coded for exactly 54 countries. it's possible to get around the international one by creating new rules for the Euro quals and Nations League, but club continental qualifying rules can't be edited so if you want every nation to participate you need to remove a country from Europe if you add one so it still has 54. I believe the international competitions break completely if they have the wrong number of teams and you haven't put in alternative rules. While the club continental competitions will run fine, 1 country will just permanently miss out on them. That is whoever is bottom of the coefficients list.

Not sure why OP moved both Gibraltar and Kazakhstan though. But it's very common for people to move at least 1 when adding nations.

12 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

But surely if you are removing Russia and replacing with Soviet Union there would be no need to move any other nations to other continents? Or am I missing something?

Russia are currently banned so the competitions don't account for them. UEFA technically has 55 members, but the competitions are coded for 54 countries due to Russia's ban.

If you were to replace any other country in UEFA you wouldn't have an issue, it's just Russia.

45 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Russia are currently banned so the competitions don't account for them. UEFA technically has 55 members, but the competitions are coded for 54 countries due to Russia's ban.

If you were to replace any other country in UEFA you wouldn't have an issue, it's just Russia.

so for example if you rename ukraine to russia and move all to ukraine then all will be working or not?

On 31/12/2023 at 06:33, rusty217 said:

Thanks I get it now. I'm currently in the fm23 editor replacing Russia id 791 with Russia id 583. I have managed to change some fields that were greyed out that is allowing me to change the birth nations and 2nd nations of players and non players. It's a bit of a slog but I'm getting there. Then I'll be using an international file that was made to incorporate old competitions and replacing the 791 Russia with the 583 Russia. That should work, and should work with my 80s file. I will hopefully then see the World rankings working for Russia as well. If all goes to plan I will then convert the save to fm24.

50 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Thanks I get it now. I'm currently in the fm23 editor replacing Russia id 791 with Russia id 583. I have managed to change some fields that were greyed out that is allowing me to change the birth nations and 2nd nations of players and non players. It's a bit of a slog but I'm getting there. Then I'll be using an international file that was made to incorporate old competitions and replacing the 791 Russia with the 583 Russia. That should work, and should work with my 80s file. I will hopefully then see the World rankings working for Russia as well. If all goes to plan I will then convert the save to fm24.

How did you replace the id's of Russia if i may ask?

29 minutes ago, josuts said:

How did you replace the id's of Russia if i may ask?

Well the id's have remained the same. I changed the name of the nation from USSR to Russia. So there is a Russia with an id 583 which used to be USSR, and there is still the Russia with id 791. I am working my way through changing clubs, players, staff, competitions awards, anything associated with Russia (791), and changing it to the 583 Russia. 

I almost did it, but have hit a brick wall at the minute. The Nations League won't allow the file to verify so it looks like I'd need to rebuild international competitions to get what I want to work. I'm either having a Russian u18 division or the Nations League causing an issue. I had the Soviet Union active as Russia with my 80s file but 2 European comps weren't starting. I know why, but the good news was that Russia (id 583 (USSR)) is showing in the world rankings, and was active in the one European competition that was running, included them in it. I think this has turned into my new project and I may just jump straight into the fm24 editor and start this again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've made progress with this file. I have now successfully converted all of Russia (791) to the Soviet Union (583). I have them playing in all International competitions and all at home grounds. The world ranking is working. Everything to do with Russia (791) is now for the Soviet Union (583). Changing the flag ID's and the Nation name is really all that needs doing. Here is the Soviet Union in the year 2047. The population tab is still proving to be difficult to activate for me.

image.thumb.png.9022a7cd3837708ca2e163d8f22a64a6.png

One thing I'd like to know is how did @zangelmi get the European club Continental competitions to verify? I have verified the file with no problems using my own 80s Continental competitions. The problem I am getting (amongst several that I have solved!), is there are no fixture rules for the European competitions. I could add them manually I guess but that is an awful lot of work with squad registration dates. I would prefer to get the file to link to the default fixture rules for these competitions. How did you manage it @zangelmi with your file?

7 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

One thing I'd like to know is how did @zangelmi get the European club Continental competitions to verify? I have verified the file with no problems using my own 80s Continental competitions. The problem I am getting (amongst several that I have solved!), is there are no fixture rules for the European competitions. I could add them manually I guess but that is an awful lot of work with squad registration dates. I would prefer to get the file to link to the default fixture rules for these competitions. How did you manage it @zangelmi with your file?

I think the issue here is you need to remove a nation. The default European competitions are fixed to 54 nations. For my Russia/USSR switch I also merged Belarus into them and removed Belarus from the game, had no issue verifying things with 1 nation removed.

I have taken Gibraltar out of the European International scene by unticking their World Governing Body status. They still play in the World Cup qualifiers just not the Euro qualifiers or the Nations League. I'll see what happens if I remove them completely. If I remember rightly the OP had moved Gibraltar into Africa rather than deleting them. I only wanted to see if I could do it, as I'm happy with how things have panned out for my own files. :thup:

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I think the issue here is you need to remove a nation. The default European competitions are fixed to 54 nations. For my Russia/USSR switch I also merged Belarus into them and removed Belarus from the game, had no issue verifying things with 1 nation removed.

Were you using the Belarusian unique ID for everything? I tried that but ran into some weird errors. Also I wonder if you could insert the Russian teams into CL qualifying the same way I've shunted them into the ACL early rounds, but I do remember having issues editing the main league stage in the new CL. Qualifying might be somewhat malleable to just give Russia a permanent 3 spots or something like I have in Asia (with other countries' coefficients moving around as normal).

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Were you using the Belarusian unique ID for everything? I tried that but ran into some weird errors. Also I wonder if you could insert the Russian teams into CL qualifying the same way I've shunted them into the ACL early rounds, but I do remember having issues editing the main league stage in the new CL. Qualifying might be somewhat malleable to just give Russia a permanent 3 spots or something like I have in Asia (with other countries' coefficients moving around as normal).

I used the USSR UID for everything. Just completely removed Belarus. Moved all their teams/players over to USSR and set their continent to none, taking them out of the game. Didn't want to deal with the no home games sanction on them either. Moving both Russia and Belarus to USSR killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

22 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I used the USSR UID for everything. Just completely removed Belarus. Moved all their teams/players over to USSR and set their continent to none, taking them out of the game. Didn't want to deal with the no home games sanction on them either. Moving both Russia and Belarus to USSR killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of just removing them and letting the game figure out the rest, I always tried to use their unique ID so everything like world ranking, UEFA coefficients was inherited. But no reason you can't go through and change all that stuff

On 23/01/2024 at 17:09, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Well I've made progress with this file. I have now successfully converted all of Russia (791) to the Soviet Union (583). I have them playing in all International competitions and all at home grounds. The world ranking is working. Everything to do with Russia (791) is now for the Soviet Union (583). Changing the flag ID's and the Nation name is really all that needs doing. Here is the Soviet Union in the year 2047. The population tab is still proving to be difficult to activate for me.

image.thumb.png.9022a7cd3837708ca2e163d8f22a64a6.png

How did you manage to change the id's?

• 5 weeks later...