Can't Stop Owner Changing

BruceyNTFC

I've tried to add Jim Ratcliffe to Manchester Untied, but no matter what I try, the owner changes in October 2024. I've tried stopping outside takeovers, but that just removes him for an internal promotion. 

I'm guessing it's hardcoded, which is annoying, but does anyone have a way to stop this happening?

Thanks in advance.

Did you make him the out and out owner and remove the Glazers altogether? The rating that controls takeovers has always been Board and Fan Confidence, change that to 200 and you should be fine, unless you have already done that of course. Check to see if all the Glazers have gone or also have Board and Fan confidence at 200. If so then it sounds like its hardcoded but it would be unusual for then to do that

Thanks @NeilUK I'll have a look and run some tests on both of those. I'd left the Glazers in as I wanted it to be realistic and just given them all retirement dates of a couple of years, but wasn't aware of the effect of confidence. Appreciate the reply, thank you.

Yeah shouldn't be any need to remove them, just make sure the confidence is 200 (or any number over 100 if you don't want it to be ages before a takeover can happen) The higher the number the longer a takeover will take