Frustrated

8 minutes ago, Benjy92 said:

Just started new save and got into it but now it’s gonna be unrealistic as there are new updates next week so going to have to start again. Why don’t they update properly after beta?

The upcoming update will also be applied to existing saves. So what you're saying is nonsense. Additionally: there are so many updates that need to be implemented in such a complex game, give SI a chance to put everything in order and process everything properly.

Just now, Quickzz said:

The upcoming update will also be applied to existing saves. So what you're saying is nonsense. Additionally: there are so many updates that need to be implemented in such a complex game, give SI a chance to put everything in order and process everything properly.

Pepole are saying you need to start a new save because of the database

There probably is a decent argument they should change the way they do the early access/beta and then the patches. The current way they have done it for years now feels rather outdated.

Half the problem now though is they release on so many platforms its probably somewhat impossible to find a way to keep everyone happy.

1 minute ago, Zapoleon said:

Its always been the case that for database changes you need to start a new save. Other updates for the most part get applied to old saves.

That’s what I mean going to have to start new save as the database is obviously broken

2 minutes ago, Benjy92 said:

That’s what I mean going to have to start new save as the database is obviously broken

its not broken just new information, as there will be every time we get a database update, just continue with your save, the bugs will be patched out

Is

1 minute ago, Zapoleon said:

Thing is aswell......they are never going to fix all the database issues and bugs after one minor patch.

is the database totally broken then? Will you be starting a new save or carrying on 

Oh, errors in the database. I thought you meant errors in the game. Database updates are always ongoing. Next week, players might leave teams, move to free agency, or something similar. That's always happening. The database isn't broken; continuous updates are made to it. Otherwise, you'd never be able to start a save. Errors in the game itself are also fixed in existing saves, so I'd say go ahead and start! :D 

9 minutes ago, Benjy92 said:

Is

is the database totally broken then? Will you be starting a new save or carrying on 

Personally, I will probs wait for a major patch.

It's not totally broken, but normally the more patches they do the better it becomes. So as I say after one minor patch not everything is going to be fixed.

If you can't wait any longer to start though, just start with the new patch. Waiting sucks.

16 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Personally, I will probs wait for a major patch.

It's not totally broken, but normally the more patches they do the better it becomes. So as I say after one minor patch not everything is going to be fixed.

If you can't wait any longer to start though, just start with the new patch. Waiting sucks.

I’ve already started so not sure what to do 🤔

3 hours ago, Benjy92 said:

I’ve already started so not sure what to do 🤔

Unless there are errors you are annoyed about in your current save, like wrong number of substitutes or other competition rules, or missing transfers or the like, then there is no real reason to restart. The only thing you will be missing are transfers, competition rules, or player stat changes. The rest should be save compatible and also be fixed in your current save. I'm running my save now, and I have no plans on restarting for any patch. I'll restart if I get bored of my save, no other reason.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Unless there are errors you are annoyed about in your current save, like wrong number of substitutes or other competition rules, or missing transfers or the like, then there is no real reason to restart. The only thing you will be missing are transfers, competition rules, or player stat changes. The rest should be save compatible and also be fixed in your current save. I'm running my save now, and I have no plans on restarting for any patch. I'll restart if I get bored of my save, no other reason.

Thank you just was concerned that I would have a unfair advantage and that it wouldn’t be a accurate save if I start before the update?

1 minute ago, Benjy92 said:

Thank you just was concerned that I would have a unfair advantage and that it wouldn’t be a accurate save if I start before the update?

Nah, it won't affect much unless there are specific things you'd like fixed where you play, such as I mentioned. Other than that, there are no reason to wait.