Are Goalkeepers underperforming in FM24?

Just checking with my fellow comrades: it feels my goalkeepers are taking too many easy goals, fumbles and near howlers. I spent tons of money bringing some good players, and my GK coaches are darn good.

Is it just me (maybe my aggressive high-line tactics?), or is this is a general experience amongst gamers?... 

PS: Below, I zero'ed the value of Mamardashvilli to try to offload him. He has been a total flop in my save thus far...

image.thumb.png.ee70b5c5e88e48b696255c65c864082a.png 

There have been bug reports of more chances being converted than in previous FM's and compared to RL competitions. It's under review at the moment I believe, although some people's games are seemingly normal. What you might be seeing is lower ratings for goalkeepers caused by those extra goals which in previous editions wouldn't have gone in. Whether that is due to goalkeepers underperforming, or strikers overperforming is unclear, but it's under review so hopefully a patch will solve those kinds of issues for those of us its affecting in the near future.

55 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Just checking with my fellow comrades: it feels my goalkeepers are taking too many easy goals, fumbles and near howlers. I spent tons of money bringing some good players, and my GK coaches are darn good.

Is it just me (maybe my aggressive high-line tactics?), or is this is a general experience amongst gamers?... 

PS: Below, I zero'ed the value of Mamardashvilli to try to offload him. He has been a total flop in my save thus far...

image.thumb.png.ee70b5c5e88e48b696255c65c864082a.png 

Not sure about the core of the question, but I brought Mamar in to be my back up on the cheap (£3M); played him in domestic cups. He performed well, but he started complaining about match time and needing it to be in contention for the Georgian NT. Thought I would be able to sell him for a decent profit after a good season as back up. He had 18 starts, 12 clean sheets, 8 conceded, 7.16 average. Included there were 4 starts in the FA Cup with 4 clean sheets and a 7.53 rating in the FA Cup; 10 starts in the Premier League, 6 clean sheets, 4 conceded, and a 7.05 rating; 3 starts in the Champions League, 2 clean sheets, 1 concede, 7.03 rating.

Everyone who wanted to buy him offered maximum 3 million, not one team wanted to gamble £9-12 million one a prime aged goalie with good performances in top level competitions. Bizarre. I did end up loaning him to Celtic with an option to buy for £10.75m; but I don’t anticipate them exercising the option. I don’t think I’ve ever had a team exercise an option to buy when loaning from me.

not the keeper underperforming but the defenders positioning are so bad and long range shots now are like laser beam straight to the corner literally unblockable. If you have a player with good long range shot and finishing (maddison) and you put him on shoot often he will rack up 20+ goals a season

0 value you say?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.97aa57f318ca1beedcd712019f17f4af.png

Literally every goalie is over performing. :D

Although I'm not sure why the game only lists 20 goalies in a league with 24 teams, but still. At least 20 of the 24 are over performing compared to the expected goals against and the Bristol Rovers goalie is having an insane season. :lol:

Not for me.

Areola conceded 40 in the league (33 appearances) for me last season as we finished 5th.  Only 4 teams conceded fewer.  This season he's conceded 10 in 11 league appearances as we sit 3rd.

20 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Is it just me (maybe my aggressive high-line tactics?)

Possibly, however it could have more to do with the combination of your defensive system + the defenders & midfielders you are using.  Keepers are your last line of defence - if they are having to make lots of saves that's usually in indication there is something wrong somewhere else.