Problem: Scheduling Conflict Domestic League / International Competition Please HELP!

amarulacm

Hello all!

I have added the Costa Rican Premier Division for my save, and right away I saw that the Central American Club Cup had several issues. After fixing pretty much all of them (Comp name, elegible teams, proper format, etc) there is one issue I am simply not able to fix, HELP PLEASE

Teams playing on the first round of the Central American Cup don't get ANY domestic games scheduled, causing major issues if those teams qualify as the computer automatically reschedule their games further down, even though as you can see in the attached image, Sundays and Saturdays in August are all available.

I've tried editing the advanced rules on both competitions (Costa Rican league and the Central American Cup) to ignore each other when scheduling matches, but it continues to happen.

Also, don't know if this is important to metion, but messing around with the editor I did see that If you delete the Central American Cup, all Costa Rican teams get games scheduled on August with no issue. My guess is there must be something I am missing.

It's a simple fix that is driving me up the wall not being able to figure it out.

Any sort of insight will  be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

image.png.5d7adbdebec1fc01fcbb6377549e589a.png

Edited by amarulacm

• amarulacm changed the title to Problem: Scheduling Conflict Domestic League / International Competition Please HELP!

Try adding each of those Saturdays into "dates" so that it will schedule games there as a matter of priority. Also under "fixture rules" I'm guessing both the Central American Cup and your default league have the box unchecked for "number of days between games" or whatever it is, the default is 3 though so that shouldn't matter here (should still be able to do Saturday or Sunday then Wednesday)

hace 1 hora, themodelcitizen dijo:

Try adding each of those Saturdays into "dates" so that it will schedule games there as a matter of priority. Also under "fixture rules" I'm guessing both the Central American Cup and your default league have the box unchecked for "number of days between games" or whatever it is, the default is 3 though so that shouldn't matter here (should still be able to do Saturday or Sunday then Wednesday)

Thank you, I will try that and see!

Check what kind of competition it is. It could be that it is a tournament which means the teams goes to the competition and stays there until it is over.
I had that little thing when building the U21 European Championship and my U21 players were missing for the full period of the competition (some 9 months....). Need to check which fix I needed there.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Check what kind of competition it is. It could be that it is a tournament which means the teams goes to the competition and stays there until it is over.
I had that little thing when building the U21 European Championship and my U21 players were missing for the full period of the competition (some 9 months....). Need to check which fix I needed there.

"Other international" might help, I think Nations League uses that? (instead of "international finals"). But I'm not sure there's a U21 option actually...

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

"Other international" might help, I think Nations League uses that? (instead of "international finals"). But I'm not sure there's a U21 option actually...

Since it was a final tournament, I put in on U21 qualifier. That worked for me and didn't influence the game at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

thank you for the replies to the thread, I have an update. 

I did manage to get the scheduling problem sorted (in the Costa Rican league at least, haven't checked on the other central american nations).

However now I have a brand new issue, I can't properly have the competition have the domestic league champions qualify. I had to result of setting up some rules to randmize a bit the participating teams in order to mimic  real life, since I cant get the competition properly set up.