PI Mezzala - PI CM

I've a question..

Mezzala role has his default PI and his default movement on the pitch...

image.png.8cfd8b38c8c21e552086e7f7ed99db10.png

And here we are agreed..

BUT...

If i set central midfielder with the same instruction(no stay wider because became red when set go forward), he must do the same things on the pitch like a mezzala?

image.png.20e3b2d933b4ded17472b96361d0a5de.png

Because my question is:

in my 433 I have HB, RPM and Mezzala, but this is that there is too much freedom of movement in the middle of the field, because the tactic already has a fluid system with the duty combinations.

Please clarify this for me..

I want to recreate a trio like Barcelona under Pep, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.. and for me they are these three role Mezzala, RPM and HB..

But, reality is one thing, and the game is another.. with his problem..

Edited by Mik_Fe

I use the same thing... And i can't say if i'm right or not. But asking a cm to move into channels is different that using a mezzala because you can't use stay wider and he will stay more centrally. But it's maybe my eyes...

I think that we overthinking the game ( like the real football too IMO). You think that Iniesta was a mezzala. Just go ahead. But you need to know how players will interact with other roles. I can't give you THE solution because i'm lost myself. But a mezzala play in half spaces, so you need roles in front of him not in this zone. Many people in this forum vote for a winger on his side (even with the opposite foot).

17 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

I've a question..

……

And here we are agreed..

BUT...

……(no stay wider because became red when set go forward), ……

image.png.20e3b2d933b4ded17472b96361d0a5de.png

……

no stay wider because became red when set MOVE INTO CHANNELS

1 hour ago, BlakeCouture said:

Any update?

Roles are not just the selected PIs shown, there's also more going on under the hood. That's why a blank role like CM w/adjusted PIs to look like a MEZ will still behave differently. 

I would say HB/CM(s)/MEZ is a fairly faithful recreation of that midfield trio. A recreation will be as much on the attributes of the players as the roles themselves.

Edited by Cloud9