Please help me fix my tactic I'm desperate

7 hours ago, afonsogclvs said:

I finished 5th last season. This season I'm 17th while 8th on the xG table. Here is my tactic:

I have tried a few changes, but I haven't been able to fix whatever the issue is and I really do not know what to do

fm tactic.PNG

If you're struggling, I'd recommend removing excess TIs and keep it simple. You can start to experiment with adding things back on when the ship is righted. Play out from defence + overlaps can complicate/slow down a counter attack. Those are good starting points on TIs to drop. 

A few more traditional role choices could be beneficial as well. WB(a) runs to the byline, a bit risky, so a WB(s) is a nice alternative for now. BWM(d) as a solo 6 can be tricky as well w/out the right player. A simple DM(s) w/hold position can be a solution. IF(a) + AF isn't a great combo, I'd look for an alternative role on that right flank (even if it's just dropping the IF to support). You also don't have any goals coming from a runner in midfield. A CM(a), MEZ(s/a), or even a BBM all provide a goal scoring threat from one of your 8s.

Give a good team talk and get the motivation up again.  A bit more context would be nice, what Cloud9 said is perfectly reasonable. Seems like you're allowing a lot of space in and in front of the area. I'd push up the defensive line and tame that BWM role into something more static like anchor or DLP (if he's good enough). Also I'd put both WB on support or even use IWB/IFB to have more men centrally if you lose the ball seeing as it says most opposition entries in the final third are central. Without more context pretty much any advice can work.

If my tactic doesn't work anymore or I start playing around with new tactics/styles, I usually watch at least the first 15-20 minutes in "full game" mode.

Maybe it's just me but watching only highlights doesn't give me any indicators what's not working. Full game is so much better to see when my team loses the ball or struggles to get in the box, etc.

After a few games, when I feel more comfortable, I go back to watching highlights only, until (see start of post).

10 hours ago, thofue said:

If my tactic doesn't work anymore or I start playing around with new tactics/styles, I usually watch at least the first 15-20 minutes in "full game" mode.

Maybe it's just me but watching only highlights doesn't give me any indicators what's not working. Full game is so much better to see when my team loses the ball or struggles to get in the box, etc.

After a few games, when I feel more comfortable, I go back to watching highlights only, until (see start of post).

There is your problem in the first sentence. With most recent FMs it's really important to let your tactics "gel" with your players. And it's pretty long process sometimes taking up to half the season. Even if you do long preseason with a ton of friendlies (although that helps). While the players are learning the style, going on occasional long stretches of bad form is normal. And even if your players played the same tactic last season, things change if you acquire a bunch of new guys over the summer. So instead of changing tactics every time you start losing I would look at TIs and see if there is anything that's contributing to the problem. And strip them down to absolutely necessary ones. 

TLDR
I'd say take away some of the risk, keep a little more of the ball, maybe look into some role/duty changes to give yourself more out balls and attacking options/angles

LDR
All just my opinions. I am not tactics guru.
This is only with the assumption, that you are lacking "good possession" I assume your possession stat is somewhere around 30-40%, pass completion somewhere from 60-80. Most success full passes played between your back four.
I'd suggest to remove the more direct passing, your mentality is attacking that means you'll have a tendency to move forward, no need to enhance that by askign the team to play more direct (often more risky & longer) passes.
Also maybe for a short while, remove play out of defence. You're on a bad stretch of form, you might not want to risk getting behind by being sloppy when playing out.
Maybe remove both underlaps because who is supposed to underlap? The WB-A is probably stay wide... you probably don't want the CMs to underlap aggressively

Sounds counter intuitive I know to suggest on one hand "try to hold on for the ball longer" and on the other "yeah get that ball away from there".
Both apply contextually
You don't want to lose the ball in your third while playing out so get it away from there, don't need the extra stress of chasing a game.
You want to play more safer passes forward so you have more chances to get it to where you want it. Not lose it half way there because Steve Nofoot (with passing 2 vision 2 and technique -1) tried to play a direct line breaking pass only to get intercepted.

Maybe have a dedicated DLP-Su in DM/BPD to play more risky passes let the rest of the defense/team take a little more care with the ball.

But that does not factor in what kind of football you want to play, a Rangnick/Klopp school Gegenpress-DirectAttacking-Choas-System probably doesn't want to dial back on those two options.
I actually don't know what kind of football you want to play.
You want to have an organized build up (Short Kicks, Play out of Defence)
To than try to bypass the Midfield (play more Direct)
To than try to out play the opposition in their third (Work Ball into Box)

I defense you try to play an aggressive Midblock fine but dying approach, you probably put regroup on because you began to lose and to concede?

grafik.png.1ec13af5132eb7834329a26289225710.png
Your Team how I see it in attack once you are settled.  There is no space for underlapping runs. you crowd the center.
But that's only if you get into that shape.

grafik.png.eb7f1d1a872de956f8d0dcbf6bbf83af.png
And just looking at it the roles  I think you are trying to play a direct link up into something like this.