FM 09 Best Partnerships Thread

jams1234

Jams1234 i am at start of 2nd season, have brought them all in Bojan free Kierrison free and Lewandowski 2mill(do to sell potential :D

I am norwich :)

So you reckon Bojan and Kierrison? any sort of setup for them? Cheers mate

Jams1234 i am at start of 2nd season, have brought them all in Bojan free Kierrison free and Lewandowski 2mill(do to sell potential :D

I am norwich :)

So you reckon Bojan and Kierrison? any sort of setup for them? Cheers mate

Fecking hell! Bojan for Norwich! Good on ya for getting him, mate:thup:

Tbh I am not that good at player instructions for so and so, play them with what you think makes sense to suit their stats and team play:thup:

Fecking hell! Bojan for Norwich! Good on ya for getting him, mate:thup:

Tbh I am not that good at player instructions for so and so, play them with what you think makes sense to suit their stats and team play:thup:

Not just bojan, but keirrison also :D

Bojan on 25k/week but if i had had more wages allowed he would have signed for 15k/week...but i had to wait for new transfer budget to come through!

Player's Invovled: Walcott, Arsharvin, Van Persie

Positions: Left Wing, Right Wing, Striker

Team for: Arsenal

Why they were so good for you: I'd set the three to all switch positions, and it was just beautiful carnage. Wouldnt always quite click, but it would do probably 70% of the time, and they would just tear teams to pieces, dragging defenders all over the place. Could never get it work with any other combo of players, just those three.

Players involved: Pepe and Chiellini

Positions: CBs

Team: Real Madrid, 08/09

Why: Conceded 3 goals in 32 games, on a 12-game league streak without conceding.

Players involved: Sneijder, L. Diarra and Robben

Positions: LM, CM and RM

Team: Real Madrid, 08/09

Why: Sneijder sits as a deep-lying LM and drifts inwards, scoring long shots and racking up assists, whereas Robben does the opposite and tears down the right flank to devastating effect. Diarra's pace and dribbling from CM offer a threat from the middle, and his speed/tackling stats allow him to recover quickly. Between them, at the halfway stage, they have over 20 goals and 20 assists.

acuna as in javier? ... his stats look wayyy worse than they were in 08 tbh... does he still perform? and has he got the potential?

matty fryatt and beckford both topped the scoring charts for me with q.p.r in the championship and the prem

In league one he got 40 goals for my team, in the championship he got 37 then he wouldnt sign a new contract and only had one year left so I sold him for £6 million to Everton.

Mauro Zarate as Target Striker and Bojan as Fast Striker

Zarate in the last season: 47 app, 35 goals, 12 assist

Bojan in the last season: 41 app, 33 goals, 21 assist

I put M. Zarate as TS only because he has decent heading, but actually both are FS , wich is what I want

• 1 month later...

Rodrigo Palacio and Dentinho for Hoffenheim.

Both fast strikers.

Palacio got 17 goals in 24 apps, Dentinho got 16 in 13 apps.

They could do no wrong with Obasi, Di Maria and Nuri providing through balls for them to run on to.

Player's Invovled: Vagner Love and Alan Dzagoev

Positions: Pacey Striker and AMC

Team for: CSKA Moscow

Why they were so good for you: Vagner Love didn't miss and Dzagoev picked up the pieces from any rebounds, scored a healthy 15 goals, whilst Vagner Love netted 35. Dzagoev also got 18 assits. Played Dzagoev just behind Love.

Player's Involved: Bojan and Sergio Aguero

Positions: World-class Striker and World-class Forward

Team for: Tottenham

Why they were so good for you: Got both sometime during second/third season and they formed an awesome partnership, goals and assists galore. Not the strongest players in the air but technically brilliant, super dribblers and rapid, they've consistently banged in 15-20 league goals a season and led the line to 2 prem wins and a champs league win.

new game for spurs under 9.3, current partnership is: vagner love and goran pandev. I hope they can emulate the bojan/aguero partnership!

• 3 weeks later...

Player's Invovled: Bojan and Aguero

Positions: Both speedy strikers

Team for: Tottenham 2014 btw

Why they were so good for you: wasn't great to begin with but switched the two bojan on the left and aguero

on the right now Aguero: games 42, goals 39 (including hat-tricks against 3 of big 4), assists 9, mom's9

Bojan: games 39, goals 41, assists 10, mom's 11

Players involved: Alberto Paloschi and Niels Kuilder - Regen i believe

Positions: Both young Speedy Strikers - both are 23

Team for: A.C. Milan

Why they were so good for you: Their movement and the amount of goals scored and also created as with my tactic both strikers also provide crosses.

Player's Invovled:Ezequial Lavezzi and Vantaggiato

Positions:Strikers(Lavezzi dropping short)

Team for:Napoli

Why they were so good for you: These two wer so good beacause i went the whole season only losing one game against A.C milan

Player's Invovled: Bojan and Aguero

Positions: Strikers

Team for: Newcastle

Why they were so good for you: Both quick, with half decent midfielders they bag loads of goals really reliable, will easily hit double figures each season in goals and assists.

Player's Invovled: Sakho and Fazio at the back, Ronaldo and Messi on the wings, Benzema and Robinho up front

Positions: DC LM/RM ST/CF

Team for:AC Milan

Why they were so good for you:

Sakho and Fazio are great for me as I just won Serie A with the least goals conceded and having my FB's making forward runs all the time. Nothing gets past them.

Messi and Ronaldo are great because for me there are no two other players in the game in the wing positions that carry as much of a goal threat on their own, while providing plenty of crosses for the strikers as well.

Benzema and Robinho work brilliantly for me up front with Benzema as the target man and Robinho as the 'fast' striker. Benzema has height (aerial ability), strength and has good pace as well. Robinho is the perfect playmaker forward, he has bags of pace and creativity, great first touch and dribbling and is so versatile he plays brilliantly given a free role. (he also acts as cover on the wing if either Ronaldo or Messi are injured or suspended).

Obviously the fact that they are both fantastic at finishing and have high composure helps a great deal as well

Player's Invovled: Bojan and Torres

Positions: FC

Team for: LiverPool

Why they were so good for you: they like each other, working well together and sets up each other with sometimes wonderful plays.

Player's Invovled: keirrison and marquinois (sp)

Positions: FC/ARMC

Team for: Liverpool

Why they were so good for you: They think they work good together wich they do, "Marre" sets up keirrison frequently so now Keirrison will win the goal scoring league and "Marre" will win the assist league.

Players involved: Toni Kroos and Theo Walcott

Positions: AMLC and FRC

Team: Man Utd

Why they were so good for you: At first they were just a backup pair for easier games, but theyre performances were class so i started giving them more and more games, and now I have to rotate them every game with Rooney and Benzema theyre that good.

Player's Invovled: Gio Dos Santos, Carlos Vela

Positions: FC

Team for: Mexico (national team)

Why they were so good for you: favoured personnel it seems, each would score a goal a game or get an assist a game at least.

Players Involved: Steven Fletcher and John Fleck

Positions: Strikers - Intelligent, quick forwards

Team For: Sunderland

Why they were good: Fletcher - 12 goals in 12 games, Fleck- 8 goals in 12 games with 9 assists. Fleck scored hat trick against Newcastle :D

I know it sounds a bit stupid but I have three sets, they make up the strong core of my team.

Player's Invovled: Sakho & Henrique

Positions: DCs

Team for: PSG

Why they were so good for you: Their marking and positional ability is nothing short of brilliant, i've played against the best pacey strikers in the world and the ball never gets beyond them, I'm currently only letting in a goal every 3 games on average.

Player's Invovled: Chantome and Biglia

Positions: MCs

Why they were so good for you: they both have very similar stats meaning I never really get caught out on either side, for me they have the perfect stats for MCs, good enough tackling to win the ball, along with good enough passing and creativity to win me games

Player's Invovled: Bojan and Marquinos

Positions: FCs

Why they were so good for you: not sure if there are 2 better young strikers in the game, their brilliant link up play and the skill and pace to get behind defences, along with the finishing and composure to put my chances away, make them lethal in any game. They're both averaging a goal a game atm :thup:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2743/rileyi.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1820/walterj.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3012/motta.jpg

Player's Invovled: The 3 regens in the screenshots above.

Positions: Strikers

Team for: Sunderland

Why they were so good for you: The 3 strikers all partnered each other and scored bags of goals no matter what combination of them were used.

Players Involved - Giorgio Chiellini, Domenico Criscito, Igor Akinfeev

Positions - DC, DC, GK

Team For - Arsenal

Why they were so good - Currently on a 43 gamer unbeaten streak in the Premier, only gievn up 5 leagues in 22 games, and Akinfeev has not conceded a goal in over 600 minutes of playing time. They are always in the right positions and cover each other so well. They simply do NOT get beat

• 4 weeks later...

Player's Involved: Mauro Zarate and Federico Macheda

Positions: ST, ST

Team for: Hull City

Why they were so good for you: Mauro cannot stop scoring and Macheda is always in the right place at the right time, Macheda won me the UEFA Cup in my first season (Custom db, see What If Challenges), and Zarate slotted 3 past Inter Milan in the super cup

Player's Involved: Jordan Rhodes and Liam Dickinson

Positions: Both are Strikers

Team for: Dorchester Town

I know they aren't the quality of Bojan or Torres or whatever haha, but these two got me from the blue square premier to league one by themselves. Jordan Rhodes especially, who was transfer-listed from Ipswich, got over 50 league goals in 2 seasons, so much more in all competitions, he's the man I always seem to buy now. With the right training schedule, he does a decent job for you. Dickinson is the perfect foil for him with his aerial abilities.

• 2 months later...

Has any1 got a partnershp that people wouldnt think of that has been effective for you.... For example

Just brought Crouch And C.Brunt on my fulham season ansd chris brunt has got 19 crossing and crouch is 6ft7 crossing and height works..... first game won 2-0 crouch scored both with his head through brunt crosses ;)

BRUNT AND CROUCH ALL THE WAY

Has any1 got a partnershp that people wouldnt think of that has been effective for you.... For example

Just brought Crouch And C.Brunt on my fulham season ansd chris brunt has got 19 crossing and crouch is 6ft7 crossing and height works..... first game won 2-0 crouch scored both with his head through brunt crosses ;)

BRUNT AND CROUCH ALL THE WAY

Errr... you said partnerships that you would NOT expect. Good crossing to a really tall person is kind of a no brainer...

Haynes28 - :eek: ok then :walks away slowly:

Errr... you said partnerships that you would NOT expect. Good crossing to a really tall person is kind of a no brainer...

Haynes28 - :eek: ok then :walks away slowly:

yh but you wouldnt expect people to come on here saying get brunt andcrouch would you.?? ;) no-body mentions them together

• 2 weeks later...

In an old save I had as Tottenham I bought Pogrebnyak to pair up front with Roman Pavlyuchenko in my second season. In the first 8 games Progrebnyak had 8 goals and Pavvy had 6 or 7. Unfortunately, Pogrebnyak got injured after that and was out for a few months, but returned to scoring when he went back. Pavvy kept scoring while he was out, but as soon as he returned the partnership became gold once again. Unfortunately, I no longer have that save so very few specifics.

Player's Invovled: Messi, Arshavin

Positions: AMR and AML respectivly

Team for: Barcelona

Why they were so good for you: Large amount of assists and skill

Player's Invovled: Aquino, Aquero

Positions: ST, ST

Team for: Barcelona

Why they were so good for you: Aquino scored about 30 and made about 8 assists to Aguero and Aguero scored about 13 and made about 18 assists to Aquino

Definitely would be my strike pairing for Napoli first season:

Player's Invovled: Ezequiel Lavezzi & Martin Palermo

Positions: Forwards - Pacy Striker & Target Man

Team for: Napoli

Why they were so good for you: Great link up play with Palermo set as target man, one-two's, through balls, flick on's, and Lavezzi setting up a lot of goals for Palermo from crosses.

Results - Lavezzi 42 games, 19 goals, 17 assists 7 mom's, Palermo 51 games 38 goals 5 assists 8 mom's

If it wasnt for them both getting injured for the final 3 games of the season, (Lavezzi missed the last 7), i would have qualified for the Champions League with Napoli in my first season, and almost won the title. Considering i had a very leaky defence, it shows just how well these two played together.

Which tactic are U using to have strikers scoring for fun like that????

Player's Invovled: Marquinhos, Freddy Adu, Axel Witsel

Positions: Forwards - CM, ACM, FC

Team for: Bolton

Why they were so good for you: Unbeleivable link up through the middle. Marquinhos top scorer in the prem 2 years on the spin. Adu and Witsel 1 and 2 in the assists last season. Probably the best link up I've ever had since starting playing FM. Arsenal sniffing around Adu however and I fear they will hit his buy out clause.

Players Involved: Pablo Mazza, Jermaine Beckford

Team for : Leeds United

Why they where so good for you: amazing partnership. after struggling in my first championship season with beckford who kept suffering from goal droughts, he started scoring for fun alongside mazza. highly recommended.

BTW pablo mazza is a argentinian striker from river. i think you should have argentinian players loaded to have him.

• 3 weeks later...

Player's Invovled: Carlos Vela, Bojan

Positions: Both strikers

Team for: Arsenal

Why they were so good for you: Had a fantastic scoring record to help me win the treble (Prem, champs league an fa cup) also both favoured personal so they "link up well"

Archived