Daveincid Improved Realism

I’m actually relatively new to his work, seems to be getting a lot of mentions lately. From the 23 edition having read through the features, does it actually change the gameplay/the way the AI managers behave? Or is it simply a data update? Or both?

Edited by sthptngomad76

8 minutes ago, imbackagain said:

If i download this will it fix my game?

First, it won't fix an existing save - you have to start a new one.

Second, his files for FM24 aren't out yet, although are coming very soon. If you want to start now, you need FM23 - load up his files in the editor data folder, start a save, save it and open it up in FM24.

Third, they improve the save significantly, but there are a host of issues even Dave can't fix.

4 hours ago, sthptngomad76 said:

I’m actually relatively new to his work, seems to be getting a lot of mentions lately. From the 23 edition having read through the features, does it actually change the gameplay/the way the AI managers behave? Or is it simply a data update? Or both?

Both. It is impossible for him (or anyone) to change gameplay and AI directly, but he can influence AI manager/team decisions via the editor

24 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Though I can't say I've ever noticed any big improvement in the game from using the realism pack, I'm looking forward to installing the new files when available for FM24. 

The thing is, HOW do you actually notice an improvement? I've got almost 100 files in my editor data folder, half of them Dave's, and a ton of others. Unless I do an exhaustive control study, loading one file at a time and doing a 20-year save each time, I'm not going to be able to put my finger on exactly what improves and how. All I can do is (a) trust Dave and (b) note that the myriad complaints in these threads don't seem to affect my save as much as for others.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The thing is, HOW do you actually notice an improvement? I've got almost 100 files in my editor data folder, half of them Dave's, and a ton of others. Unless I do an exhaustive control study, loading one file at a time and doing a 20-year save each time, I'm not going to be able to put my finger on exactly what improves and how. All I can do is (a) trust Dave and (b) note that the myriad complaints in these threads don't seem to affect my save as much as for others.

Well said. I've heard about his data pack. I have never used any of his previous packs, but I also want to try something new this time. Since, FM24 is still bit wacky in terms is issues and gameplay, I will give his FM23 pack a go.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Gum:

Both. It is impossible for him (or anyone) to change gameplay and AI directly, but he can influence AI manager/team decisions via the editor

Exactly this

vor 4 Stunden schrieb phd_angel:

Though I can't say I've ever noticed any big improvement in the game from using the realism pack, I'm looking forward to installing the new files when available for FM24. 

Not surpized that such an answer comes from you:lol:

vor 3 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

All I can do is (a) trust Dave

Very good idea! :D

Im a “first team player” on his patreon so ive had access to his files for over a week now, but ill be honest ive yet to start a new save with them for numerous reasons. 

1) I admit im not getting a lot of the issues most are having with the game, surely squad rotation and ai squad building is something that will affect my save 8-10 seasons down the line, but for now only 3 seasons in on my early access save, its unnoticeable. I havnt had any bad player interactions or gk injuries or any real issues, so im still playing this save, deep into my 3rd season. 

2) as SI drop updates, daveincid will update his files accordingly, most of the time causing to start yet a new save, so im kinda waiting for the storm to settle a bit and see what fixes SI brings to the table, and how Dave adapts to them, id hate to have to start yet a neww save because si updated/fix things. 

Ultimately I think ill wait a few weeks to see what si’s next update is, and probably around the time daves public release is out, with everything updated, ill start a save with it.

or I may say **** it and start a save with it today and report back to yall on what I see lol

either way, daves work is grestly appreciated