Complacency - "Would have preferred to stay on the bench"

6 hours ago, vrig said:

Hope they score a goal. As far as I'm  aware, anything you say to a moody git will only make them more of a moody git, which is pretty true to life really.

True in real life, but with professional players in-game, during the half time talk (if winning by 1 goal or drawing/losing) if I thrash arms and say they've been ****, they get fired up, but then if I demand more in-match, suddenly they're moody. Highly unrealistic and immersion breaking

2 ore fa, Lampard4King ha scritto:

True in real life, but with professional players in-game, during the half time talk (if winning by 1 goal or drawing/losing) if I thrash arms and say they've been ****, they get fired up, but then if I demand more in-match, suddenly they're moody. Highly unrealistic and immersion breaking

I really hate when during a match Someone tries to demand more honestly. It's ok to do it at half time but during the match is different

3 hours ago, Lampard4King said:

Is it though? In one situation you're behind closed doors and in the other you're yelling at them in front of the whole world. Some players might not want to be reamed out in front of their children. Some might find it distracting.

Would have preferred to stay on the bench is a mad one. Footballers are notoriously bad at dealing with not playing but there's a weirdly high proportion in FM who resent coming on.

Cup Final, young academy player coming on for his boyhood club for the last 10 minutes, dominating the game, 4-0 up - absolute dream scenario......would have preferred to stay on the bench!

33 minutes ago, Divvy said:

Would have preferred to stay on the bench is a mad one. Footballers are notoriously bad at dealing with not playing but there's a weirdly high proportion in FM who resent coming on.

Cup Final, young academy player coming on for his boyhood club for the last 10 minutes, dominating the game, 4-0 up - absolute dream scenario......would have preferred to stay on the bench!

Well that scenario u mention does sound crazy. But I see every weekend in liga players who like u say wanna play every game, but when benched and then asked to come in the game in minute 80’ usually have an ass look on their face directed right at their manager lol. Happens every weekend in la liga. I imagine that is what fm was thinking with this “would have preferred to stay on bench”.

16 hours ago, vrig said:

Is it though? In one situation you're behind closed doors and in the other you're yelling at them in front of the whole world. Some players might not want to be reamed out in front of their children. Some might find it distracting.

That would make sense if they didnt immediately go to the press after the match and tell them that we had yelled at them and locked them in the locker room. Also yelling demand more is not the same as berate, demanding more is something coaches do 100% of the time in real life every few minutes in the second half. Cant claim to be realistic if you arent being realistic

A lot of the shouts make no sense. Up 3 goals, and concede a goal, shout focus, and now they're overwhelmed/confused. WHAT?

Doesnt matter if youve got a professional squad or an amateur one, they all react the same. highly unrealistic. The shouts system needs a complete overhaul or removal. The current system doesnt work as intended/realistically.

6 hours ago, Lampard4King said:

That would make sense if they didnt immediately go to the press after the match and tell them that we had yelled at them and locked them in the locker room. Also yelling demand more is not the same as berate, demanding more is something coaches do 100% of the time in real life every few minutes in the second half. Cant claim to be realistic if you arent being realistic

A lot of the shouts make no sense. Up 3 goals, and concede a goal, shout focus, and now they're overwhelmed/confused. WHAT?

Doesnt matter if youve got a professional squad or an amateur one, they all react the same. highly unrealistic. The shouts system needs a complete overhaul or removal. The current system doesnt work as intended/realistically.

Is the bolded a new feature I'm missing? 

On 21/11/2023 at 18:27, vrig said:

Is the bolded a new feature I'm missing? 

If you shout at the team at HT, then they proceed to still be bad and lose/draw a game they were supposed to win/draw, you yell at them at FT again, then an article pops up in your inbox, saying (insert player name) told the press how the head coach had kept them locked in the locked room to yell at them. its been in the games for at least 2 iterations (FM22/FM23)

Edited by Lampard4King