Do we need Three goalkeepers now?

I'm managing Everton with Pickford (obviously) in goal and Virginia as my deputy.

At the end of my first season, squad were unhappy with lack of depth in the GK department. So I went and bought a cheap goalie (Chris Walton) with 2.5 rating at that time.

Now halfway through my 2nd season, squad is again unhappy with lack of depth in GK department. Walton has 2 rating at the moment.

Do we need a third goalkeeper or the problem lies in Walton is not good enough to be a backup?

24 minutes ago, rwidodo said:

I'm managing Everton with Pickford (obviously) in goal and Virginia as my deputy.

At the end of my first season, squad were unhappy with lack of depth in the GK department. So I went and bought a cheap goalie (Chris Walton) with 2.5 rating at that time.

Now halfway through my 2nd season, squad is again unhappy with lack of depth in GK department. Walton has 2 rating at the moment.

Do we need a third goalkeeper or the problem lies in Walton is not good enough to be a backup?

Two issues here, both problems with FM24, not you.

1. Until FM24 you never really needed 2 goalkeepers as they virtually never got injured or suspended. But now injured keepers are a thing - which is good in terms of realism, so it's now a good idea to have a keeper on the bench and a third one in case the first 2 are out at the same time.

HOWEVER

2. There is a serious bug in the game whereby players come to you with the nonsense about squad depth. It's due to be resolved in the next patch fix, which could be very soon. Until then, it's a huge frustration for us all.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Two issues here, both problems with FM24, not you.

1. Until FM24 you never really needed 2 goalkeepers as they virtually never got injured or suspended. But now injured keepers are a thing - which is good in terms of realism, so it's now a good idea to have a keeper on the bench and a third one in case the first 2 are out at the same time.

HOWEVER

2. There is a serious bug in the game whereby players come to you with the nonsense about squad depth. It's due to be resolved in the next patch fix, which could be very soon. Until then, it's a huge frustration for us all.

Good to know. Hopefully the fix will come sooner rather than later...

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

That 'bug' such as it was, was 'fixed' in the first update we had. This doesn't mean players won't still bring it up if they feel it's appropriate, but it should happen less often now.