Why does the game switch to a 2 week international break in September from 2026?

Up to 2025 there's the usual 1 week breaks in September, October and November, but from 2026 the early September break is swapped out for a 2 week break from end of September to early October. Is this just happening for me, a bug or a scheduled change coming in real life? 

2 minutes ago, trviggo said:

Up to 2025 there's the usual 1 week breaks in September, October and November, but from 2026 the early September break is swapped out for a 2 week break from end of September to early October. Is this just happening for me, a bug or a scheduled change coming in real life? 

I think the powers-that-be have decreed there will be fewer but longer international breaks.

not even that... 2 week international break, then a further week of nothing

sancho - wants more gametime - green before break, plays some internationals, remains green, no games for a week, now force transfer listed due to lack of gametime....

antony... the same...

dont mind a long international break but it would be nice if stuff like this was addressed.. whats this extra week for?