[FM24] FM Auto Editor Project

forameuss

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, farhadjameel5 said:

Could you please show an example on how exactly do you write the colour format for foreground color and  background color? It's ****ing my head up and I have been trying this for too long

Right so to write colours do it the following way.

RR|GG|BB

I've included a snippet of one of my old projects that needs updating but you can see how it's done. If you're looking for the | key, it's the shift button on the left handside and the button immediately next to it on a UK QWERTY layout keyboard

image.thumb.png.46eb6d9dd075f0a2dd02806b42952ba4.png

17 hours ago, Woo-Cash said:

OK, I am blind. I even used "search on page" for "dropbox" and it didn't show me. Now I can see that post. Thank you.

As you may have seen in the thread, you'll need to manually go and edit the UID numbers afterwards or the imports will be a mess. Use a text editor and work with the imported file and keep overwriting. It's a bit of work but it's worth it just because of the time it saves

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - apologies for basically radio silence for a good while, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my second kid was on the way, so I knew I'd get little time to work on this as the summer came. Although everything is (mostly) alright now, and not to go into much detail, but there were a lot of problems in the week after.  7 weeks removed now and things getting more normal, or at least as normal as it can be with a 7 week old, but ultimately, I'm getting absolutely no time to do...well, anything really.

In terms of where the project is, I'm afraid the "old" version - that is, the one that was linked in this thread - is probably just as is at the moment.  I know it's limited, and janky, and probably not very good, but I'm so far removed from looking at it that I'm not sure I can answer any questions about it without properly looking into it, and I won't have time for that for a while.

However, not all bad news.  A while back I was looking at making a version 2 of this to try and cut out all the bits that weren't really working properly and make the tool I really wanted to make in the first place.  That kind of fell by the wayside a little, but with FM25 on the horizon, I do intend to revive this in some form, it'll just likely be incredibly slow progress.  The good thing is that I can still use a lot of what I had previously for both versions, so hopefully if inspiration takes - and colic disappears - then I can get something in place so that once 25 eventually arrives, I can hit the ground running on that.

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

Hey all - apologies for basically radio silence for a good while, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my second kid was on the way, so I knew I'd get little time to work on this as the summer came. Although everything is (mostly) alright now, and not to go into much detail, but there were a lot of problems in the week after.  7 weeks removed now and things getting more normal, or at least as normal as it can be with a 7 week old, but ultimately, I'm getting absolutely no time to do...well, anything really.

In terms of where the project is, I'm afraid the "old" version - that is, the one that was linked in this thread - is probably just as is at the moment.  I know it's limited, and janky, and probably not very good, but I'm so far removed from looking at it that I'm not sure I can answer any questions about it without properly looking into it, and I won't have time for that for a while.

However, not all bad news.  A while back I was looking at making a version 2 of this to try and cut out all the bits that weren't really working properly and make the tool I really wanted to make in the first place.  That kind of fell by the wayside a little, but with FM25 on the horizon, I do intend to revive this in some form, it'll just likely be incredibly slow progress.  The good thing is that I can still use a lot of what I had previously for both versions, so hopefully if inspiration takes - and colic disappears - then I can get something in place so that once 25 eventually arrives, I can hit the ground running on that.

Congratulations on the Kid. :D

6 hours ago, forameuss said:

Congrats. No apologies needed. Would say there is a certain priority in live and FM does not trump kids (for most :D )

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to import players from an old database into your Auto Editor. However, it seems to bug out at over 2000 players. I can't create a seperate database with the Auto Editor because it uses the same Unique ID numbers, so it just overwrites in the official FM Editor.

is there a way to change the Unique ID like in the previous versions of Auto Editor, please? Why did you hide them in the latest version?