FM24 poor performance after update - high-end PC

Hi!

So, I don’t really know what else to do. I have a high-end system with 4080 RTX GPU, i13900K CPU, 64GB RAM, SSDs. I’ve never had any performance issues in FM23 with this build and for a while everything was smooth as butter in FM24 as well. However, since the last update everything is low FPS and sluggish as hell.

And I just don’t understand. At this point I might have tried all fixes that the internet had to offer for issues in FM24 and even FM23. Reinstalled, cleared cache/preferences, removed custom graphics, fiddled with NVIDIA Control Panel, turned off G-SYNC, added a special launch option on Steam, checked Windows settings for the app, updated all (believe me, ALL) drivers... The list goes on and on and at this point, I am inclined to say the problem is not on my side. I mean it started literally after the "small" 24.1.1 update. 

The thing is I was desperately browsing this forum to see if anyone is having similar issues and there’s nothing. There is one short mention about how the update did not "fix FPS issues" but there were no issues for me after launch. 

Anyone?

Edited by Firebolt

Preferred Graphics Processor: Choose your NVIDIA)
Vertical Sync: Off
Triple Buffering: Off
Threaded Optimization: On
Texture Filtering Quality: High performance
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
OpenGL Rendering GPU: Choose your NVIDIA
OpenGL GDI Compatibility: Prefer Perfomance
Set PhysX Configuration: Choose your NVIDIA

do that to your settings in Nvidia

21 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Sorry for not being clearer. "Fiddled with NVIDIA Control Panel" means I have already tried all of these settings. No change at all.

16 hours ago, Firebolt said:

Sorry for not being clearer. "Fiddled with NVIDIA Control Panel" means I have already tried all of these settings. No change at all.

I’ve got a similar pc to you and ME hasn’t been smooth since I started playing fm24. 

On 20/11/2023 at 21:50, JimmysTheBestCop said:

I tried these. Some I already had on. ME did run smoother so I’ll see if that continues. 
edit: it still struggles in the rain unfortunately. 

Edited by Wizard boy

2 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

edit: it still struggles in the rain unfortunately. 

Thing is, this isn’t a graphics issue. No way. No matter what I do, no matter what setting I change anywhere it is still the same. I am communicating with SEGA support and after giving them my DxDiag and MSinfo they told me to cap framerate at 60. Capping it made no difference or perhaps I’d even say it made things worse! 

I really don’t want to come across as mean or toxic but goodness me I have a build that cost me like 3k euros (not flexing, it actually feels sad it feels like buying a car nowadays) and I can’t play a Football Manager smoothly after one update. :D

2 minutes ago, Firebolt said:

Thing is, this isn’t a graphics issue. No way. No matter what I do, no matter what setting I change anywhere it is still the same. I am communicating with SEGA support and after giving them my DxDiag and MSinfo they told me to cap framerate at 60. Capping it made no difference or perhaps I’d even say it made things worse! 

I really don’t want to come across as mean or toxic but goodness me I have a build that cost me like 3k euros (not flexing, it actually feels sad it feels like buying a car nowadays) and I can’t play a Football Manager smoothly after one update. :D

Tell me about it. I upgraded mine a few month ago although not that much so I’d expect fm to run smoothly. As you you say lowering graphics doesn’t help so not sure what the issue is.