What is considered televised?

PL goes on which matches are televised on UK TV.

It depends on the league, but having televised games on generally means more money. It's meant to reward teams that are popular/more entertaining as they'll be on TV more regularly, and also to contribute towards the expenses of having all the TV stuff going on at the stadium. If you hover over the TV icon on your fixture list it should tell you how much extra money you're receiving for having that game televised.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

PL goes on which matches are televised on UK TV.

It depends on the league, but having televised games on generally means more money. It's meant to reward teams that are popular/more entertaining as they'll be on TV more regularly, and also to contribute towards the expenses of having all the TV stuff going on at the stadium. If you hover over the TV icon on your fixture list it should tell you how much extra money you're receiving for having that game televised.

Yes, I know that. But I did write that at home I can watch ALL Premier League matches live through VIAPLAY which is television here in Denmark, doesn´t matter whether it´s Luton or Manchester City, they are also all commented either by Danish or English commentators. But I guess that isn´t considered "televised" if it´s only what´s shown in the UK on live TV. 

Edited by AurioDK

Just now, AurioDK said:

Yes, I know that. But I did write that at home I can watch all PL matches live through VIAPLAY which is television here in Denmark, doesn´t matter whether it´s Luton or Manchester City, they are also all commented either by Danish or English commentators. But I guess that isn´t considered "televised" if it´s only what´s shown in the UK on live TV. 

Yeah, the UK broadcasting deal isn't paying for games that are shown in Denmark. Televised is the games that actually get extra money awarded to the participants by the broadcaster, and often get moved to different timeslots to account for being televised.

43 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

Yes, I know that. But I did write that at home I can watch ALL Premier League matches live through VIAPLAY which is television here in Denmark, doesn´t matter whether it´s Luton or Manchester City, they are also all commented either by Danish or English commentators. But I guess that isn´t considered "televised" if it´s only what´s shown in the UK on live TV. 

Saturday 3pm games are not allowed to be televised in the UK to protect attendances at lower league clubs

I always took it as games that are shown on a public free for all channel. Not a payed subscription or carrier. 

Here in spain it should be 0 games for every team cuz la liga doesnt show one single game on free tv channels. We actually pay a higher % of our salary to watch football than any other european country. 

the only games we get on the “free” channel are some copa del rey games, and supercup games 

Edited by Dadecane