Sackings

Anyone been sacked first season in? I am Blackburn in championship not been sacked yet however have been given a month to save my job. I am literally 3 points of mid table (board target is to finish mid table) and 6 points of playoffs after a difficult run of fixtures with injuries in mid November. Not looking good. Anyone else been sacked first season? If so who did they go onto manage? Also what is the chances of rejuvenating the save and being at a top club in a few seasons

Edited by Brad0026

First season is usually where you are at your most vulnerable. You're only just in the job, you don't have any real reputation in-game to speak of, and the board don't owe you anything, so if you're struggling in season 1, that's pretty normal. Usually starts to get better after this if you avoid the sack. But even if you are sacked, just go find another job. A good motivation is to try and find another job in the same league or league below and laugh as you pass your old team on the way up! 

16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

First season is usually where you are at your most vulnerable. You're only just in the job, you don't have any real reputation in-game to speak of, and the board don't owe you anything, so if you're struggling in season 1, that's pretty normal. Usually starts to get better after this if you avoid the sack. But even if you are sacked, just go find another job. A good motivation is to try and find another job in the same league or league below and laugh as you pass your old team on the way up! 

I hope so I found with other fms that you can’t get a job after being sacked in the championship anything above national league? So you end up in non league

Edited by Brad0026

I did get sacked in my first season of FM24. I just took a tactic, slapped it in there, and let rip. Messed up a few team talks and that was it, could never get out of the death spiral. I was out by November.

Second go around, same team, same tactic, but I did things properly: filled up on proper coaches, was much more careful with team talks, kept everyone happy, etc.

I won the league by 24 points.