FM24 Training

Hello guys, I just watched RDF’s new YouTube video focusing on how he trains his players.

I immediately noticed something that for me is “weird” compared to what we’ve seen every other year with those YouTube video training guides.

he basically says that for players younger than 23 he focuses mainly on individual roles and doesn’t assign position/role/duty but lets the player on the generic “playing position”.

what are your thoughts on that?

I have always considered the role they have in tactics as individual training, I don't make distinctions between U19, U21 or first team.. I have personalized training sessions for the first team, for U21 and for U19..

1 hour ago, zois92 said:

he basically says that for players younger than 23 he focuses mainly on individual roles and doesn’t assign position/role/duty but lets the player on the generic “playing position”.

what are your thoughts on that?

You mean he is just training the position and not assigning any roles?

I believe that the effect of training sessions will be stronger, can be suitable for younger players when training them towards the clubs DNA. If possession football is the DNA a lot of suitable sessions will ensure that the required attributes are focused upon.

59 minutes ago, cmonreds said:

You mean he is just training the position and not assigning any roles?

I believe that the effect of training sessions will be stronger, can be suitable for younger players when training them towards the clubs DNA. If possession football is the DNA a lot of suitable sessions will ensure that the required attributes are focused upon.

yes exactly that, he is training only position up to 23 including individual focus and older than 23 he trains role and not individual focus

9 minutes ago, zois92 said:

yes exactly that, he is training only position up to 23 including individual focus and older than 23 he trains role and not individual focus

You will focus strongly on individual focus and most likely have significant improvement on these attributes, also the different used sessions will apply to a higher degree. Actually this is a good idea, especially for youth training.

Edited by cmonreds

On 24/11/2023 at 17:03, cmonreds said:

You will focus strongly on individual focus and most likely have significant improvement on these attributes, also the different used sessions will apply to a higher degree. Actually this is a good idea, especially for youth training.

What about mental attributes for example concentration? There isn't a specific individual focus that targets that.

BustTheNet recommends role training for youngsters as a way to improve mentals (eg BWM(S) for a young MC, ramdeuter for a winger).