Highest average rating?

17 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right now, halfway through my season, the player with the highest average rating is my left-back. My right winger is 2nd, and one of my centre halves is 3rd, all over a 7 across the season so far. 

What are their ratings and your system?

Play a fairly basic 4-4-2, only deviance is the right sided CM plays in the DM strata. Other than that, it's just out the box. Been using it since the first game of this save. Just tweaking player roles and instructions as I've gone along. 

I'm currently building my team up to be competitive in the Scot Prem this season, our third season in the league (8th overall), and the three best players are only on 7.13, 7.09 and 7.01. I dont tend to get amazing ratings as we're quite a defensive side, so don't create hundreds of chances in a game. Also, my strikers are probably the weakest part of the team right now, hence they rarely get consistently big ratings. 

4 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

What is the highest season average rating for a player that is NOT the striker that people have?

Strikers are always getting the highest ratings. Never seen other players like IW or IF getting the highest ratings. 

Just finished a season in the EPL and the three highest rated players in the leage were all natural wingers ~7.5. That's even with Haaland banging in some 50 odd goals.

Edited by wazzaflow10

7.69  - Left Back on attack

7.46 - Shadow Striker

7.32 - various DM roles

7.27-  Sweeper Keeper on attack 

7.09 - Central Defender

Only 8 games in to my National League season but not 1 natural striker in my top 5, although my best striker has been injured a lot so far and I would expect him to be up there come the end of the season.

Finish my first season on the portuguese league with FCP, and the best player in average rating where the left winger(7.38), right defender( 7.31), and only then the 2 strikers(7.26&7.21) follow close by the right winger (7.16).
Although this season 8 games in its right winger and immediatly after a striker

My right-winger won it last season, playing as an attacking inside forward. But yeh, in this current iteration, there are too many goals and few clean sheets, so the way the match engine is biased strikers are going to come out well. Mind you, in real-life it's strikers that win the baubles too.

As is so often the case in FM, midfielders, especially defensive midfielders never get a fair crack in the ratings.

Im in my 4th season now, my first season highest rated was my CB (7.3), second season it was my CM (7.3ish as well), my third season it was my cm or dm, I forget. Its never been my striker, althou my strikers have scored 20+ in every season. 

i play 4-3-3, one wing back one inverted fullback, a BPD and a CD, a dm, cm/attack and a box 2 box, inverted winger, winger and pressing forward. 

Edited by Dadecane