Second season never starts

MRC

So, I've tried to do an updated version of my simple European Super League database, and I've replaced the existing system in Slovakia to do so.
If at all possible I'd like to stay in the basic rules because AR usually shoots you some stuff that has been messed up somewhere, but if AR is needed, it's needed.

During testing I realised that the league only runs for a single season. Simulating further will give me the cup competitions in the new seasons, but the league just never starts. I haven't really messed with league start dates afaik so I don't really know where this is coming from.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

European Super League FM24.fmf

Also, while we're at it: German & Spanish teams are still drawn into the respective cup competition of their based nation despite me kicking the teams that were moved out of the "Registered teams". If you have a fix for that as well, my eternal gratitude will be yours.

Edited by MRC

Your problem is that the game skips a season as you can see on this screenshot. This means the competition start and end dates overlap with the season start and end dates. The competition isn't properly ended because of that and only can finish the next year.

I would set your Season Start Date and End Date at least one, but preferably two or more weeks later than the competition end dates.

image.thumb.png.f1becc6c3bfe0384ca95b8d0bd37479b.png

@Wolf_pd
Do you have any recommendations in that regard?
I've now done a few test runs, the most recent one with:
Season Start: 22/7/2023
Season End: 8/6/2024

Divisions Start Date: 12/8/2023
Divisions End Date: 4/5/2024

So there's really a good amount of time between the dates now, but the second season still gets skipped as far as divisions go.

Sounds like a competition isn't finishing or handing out rankings in time for season update day. Besides reviewing every date, it may be an issue of the teams that still play in their domestic cups getting too many fixtures and being unable to finish (not just by the season update day but by the last "month" of the top division)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb themodelcitizen:

Sounds like a competition isn't finishing or handing out rankings in time for season update day. Besides reviewing every date, it may be an issue of the teams that still play in their domestic cups getting too many fixtures and being unable to finish (not just by the season update day but by the last "month" of the top division)

Cheers! Is there a way of reliably getting them to not participate in their domestic cups without diving into the advanced rules where other things act up yet?

I remember last year the Portuguese teams were also culprits who played in their domestic league on top of everything, but that seems to be fine this year...

European Super League FM24.fmf

If someone's playing in their domestic league that would be an issue for sure. Without knowing how those domestic cups draw teams, the only way for sure would be to have German and Spanish rules set up that redo the cups to exclude them. You could try changing their "nation" or "based nation" and see if it helps but that could be a lot of work for nothing

I guess so. DFB Pokal shouldn't be an issue, replacing teams rather than just getting rid of the registered teams that now play in the Superleague has worked for the most part, and I reckon if I changed previous competition winners of the cup and the league I'd manage to get rid of the last few teams still drawn into it.

Copa del Rey seems like a bit more of a pain in the ass, still playing around with that one.

Either way, both seemed to easily finish in time, so back to looking for the culprit it is.

I have this same issue when editing Ireland's advanced rules. The season update day never happens despite all of the competitions completing as expected. I know the default Irish season update day is in the winter, but I moved the start dates of the league and the Editor seems to hate it. After a lot of experimenting, I am ready to give up.

Sorry I couldn't help you. If you find a solution to trigger the update day then please share it.