It's November? Try to forget how to pass a ball.

I understand concept of a poor form,  but does it need to be every freaking November?! I have a 5-3-2, a 4-2-4 and a 4-2-3-1 for Gloucester, Vanarama North. However, none of it seems to make any bloody difference. I praise, warn, hold meetings, sub players, trial like crazy, ask for senior affiliates etc. All without previal. 

Plan a friendly you say? Dude... my people are playing every five days. I give them rests, only have team bonding and tactic familiarity as training and still they can't shoot a ball straight towards a guy wearing the same awful shirt. 

I have played Paradox games enough to know that a computer game is based on numbers and numbers only. Therefore, would it cost to randomize the downfall period instead of randomizing how your team plays? 

'Your reputation has gone up and teams now play differently..' How weird that it always happens in November, right? Again randomise the calculations instead of doing a checksum or having it follow a script. I'm not saying it's scripted, but the numbers, RNGesus, don't work in our favor the moment things go well. At the lower levels, motivation should be essential and there is a extreme low probability of team dead-last-in-the-league having its back-up defender score his first ever goal against you.

Nobody ever complains about this game when things are going right for their team. 

By the way, here was my November this year. Was actually my best run of form in the league throughout the season (Finished 3rd, miles behind the Old Firm)

image.png.62807fa83229565d9f4d76e2c4934a59.png

Only two defeats, and you can see who they were against. 

FM is a game that brings perception/confirmation bias out in people like no other game I know. 

59 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nobody ever complains about this game when things are going right for their team. 

By the way, here was my November this year. Was actually my best run of form in the league throughout the season (Finished 3rd, miles behind the Old Firm)

image.png.62807fa83229565d9f4d76e2c4934a59.png

Only two defeats, and you can see who they were against. 

FM is a game that brings perception/confirmation bias out in people like no other game I know. 

Every click or turn is a coin toss. 

That in itself depends on many variables. Have I missed any variables I stated above? If not, please enlighten me then on how out of a sudden I'm in a storm when the forecast was all blue skies? 

That's a new FM conspiracy theory, I have to give you that.

So, if I understand correctly, come November 1st, your team's  pass completion goes down the drain, right?

I bet you can show us the match stats for your October and November fixtures, so we can take a look at the downward spiral you're in.

Where are you managing?
Does the weather change at this time of year? If so in what ways?
What kind of tactics are you using?

There could actually be a reasonable, environment and football-based explanation for your loss of form e.g. wet weather, wet pitches, make passing football less effective, heavy pressing less effective. Or maybe your players are becoming fatigued due to your tactics?

Whatever it is, its not a random variable or SI conspiracy.

55 minutes ago, priority76 said:

I beg to differ.

I also beg to differ. As a long term complainer, I think my complaints are fairly independent of current results.

Seriously though, the Op seems to just want a little rant - nothing wrong with that. It can be frustrating and I am not going to dump on anyone for letting off steam.

Edited by Kickballz

The only thing I can add to this is to abstain from using a playmaker and try it out. If you aren´t using one then I don´t know.

If your team is relatively successful compared to others the AI will tend to counter it, if it means pressing and marking your playmaker you may see a drastic reduction in successful passes because a lot goes through him.

I stopped using playmakers because of that, some never had that problem ... but you could look into it.