Unhappy for no reason needs to be fixed.

My captain got angry because I sold a right back, little did he know that I was in the middle of a swap, the incoming right back needed a work permit though and it took a little longer. The new right back arrived and a promise was fulfilled. While he was happy in the "promise department" which I had 360 days to fulfill he never got above "satisfied" in the overall happiness until those 360 days were over. Because he is a winger it greatly effected his performances and only after a year did he start to play well. The same thing at the same time happened with my keeper, the whole squad gathered around me although a new and better keeper was on the way.

Too many asking for new contracts while having 4 years left of their current one, refusing is a marathon of unhappiness and since I don´t save scum to try different dialogues I usually have to somehow comply. Failing to do so practically leaves extremely important players unhappy and unable to perform at their best.

I tried to transfer list just one of my players, he didn´t like it and a year after he is still unhappy, I can´t really probe the market and tell him that I was looking for a Real Madrid offer which never came. He so desperately wanted to go there and I would let him ..... except that he didn´t understand my offer to Real Madrid for an exchange. That means I can´t put anyone up for sale since I am afraid they will be unhappy until the end of their days, since I have a few wonderkids that means no fishing for big club offers.

No unhappy players now ..... but I am not doing anything really to the squad other than complying, agreeing and not selling any players.

3 hours ago, AurioDK said:

While he was happy in the "promise department" which I had 360 days to fulfill he never got above "satisfied" in the overall happiness until those 360 days were over. Because he is a winger it greatly effected his performances and only after a year did he start to play well.

What does being a winger have to do with anything? Also, I'm not believing for a second this player suddenly started to be a better player because his happiness level was upgraded from 'satisfied' after exactly a year - The metric used to determine performance levels isn't that specific or binary. Unhappy players can see a dip in performance levels/training, but there's other factors that go into these calculations such as social groups, hierarchy, professionalism, and personality to name a few. An unprofessional player who is unhappy is more likely to put in less effort on the park than someone resolute or driven, for example. 

That's not to say that some of the responses to interactions don't have to be looked at. One of the things SI promised this year was better context in the conversations you have with players. I'll be honest, I've not seen much evidence of this. Would also like to see more contextual answers you can give to players. However, the impact all this has on player performance is widely ranging depending on many factors as I alluded to above.