Promises in FM2024 & Importing a save game

Hello

I just realised when I signed my only right back to a new contract I promised him he could play attacking right midfield... a position that does not even exist in my team.

I heard you can import a FM2023 game into FM2024...

Does FM2024 still have ridiculous promise defaults when doing contracts?

Try as I might, I keep end up offering contracts with non existent roles for the players. This is like the worst "feature" I have seen in my FM/CM playing days (ie since the first one with the vidiprinter and fake names).

Tanks!

There are a lot of conditions that some player's agents put into contract negotiations but normally they can be removed as long as the players get the financial deal that they want.  As a general rule, it is best to steer clear of making any player promise that is non-quantifiable or that you are sure that you can meet.

You can use your FM 23 save in FM 24 but it will use the updated code.

I never make promises, but I obviously miss them sometimes on contract renewals.

Its just annoying when my right back who has played every game for 2 years as my right back demands a meeting to ask why Im not playing him at right wing.

One. you are a crap right winger... literally 5th choice according to the chart

Two. my formation doesnt have a right winger.

There is nothign I can do at this point to placate him. I doubt I can get a decent player for the same value if someone else does but him in the January window. He is actually pretty average in terms of  stats and performace (solid 7s most of the time). But this game trying to sign good players not listed is astronomical, and I get a measily amount from the board which Id rather not blow all on a right back.

Would you recommend upgrading then?