Block Teams from CONCACAF Champions League

oJMPx

How can i block teams from my NCAA database from qualifying for the CONCACAF Champions League

Its messing with the scheduling of my playoffs

This setting is blocking the continental qualification item on the Comp rules page, but 5 or 6 random teams are still getting selected

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 15.58.25.png

6 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Do you have your own CONCAC CL or the in game one?

And added to that, how are the NCAA team reputations compared to MLS and such?

Just the default CONCACAF CL

NCAA FBS is Tier 1

NCAA FCS is Tier 2

MLS isnt included in my league structure

Edited by oJMPx

I wonder if setting "No teams qualifiies" reverses the exceptions list that you have?

Otherwise, you could amend the CCL, getting NCAA teams and setting them to ignore. That's the less ideal solution however, but should work.

It would also be worth checking the tests in the editor to see where the game is picking up the NCAA teams for the CCL.

Edited by magicmastermind124

3 hours ago, oJMPx said:

Just the default CONCACAF CL

NCAA FBS is Tier 1

NCAA FCS is Tier 2

MLS isnt included in my league structure

So you have a custom USA database and you can get the NACL by default? I'm trying one as well and NACL doesn't work for me. Curious as to what you have done with yours to make that work. 

12 minutes ago, Digijustin said:

So you have a custom USA database and you can get the NACL by default? I'm trying one as well and NACL doesn't work for me. Curious as to what you have done with yours to make that work. 

Just created new Nation rules, set up my database, converted to advanced rules and verified. That's it

At one time people were saying you had to have a top division with 20+ teams for CCL to run? I figured that was required for the Leagues Cup, and if that doesn't run and produce a winner, then the CCL can't get enough teams and also doesn't draw.

I guess you don't want to edit the CCL rules, you could try to just nuke it entirely by getting at them and setting an end year to 2021 or something (would probably break the Club World Cup too)

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

At one time people were saying you had to have a top division with 20+ teams for CCL to run? I figured that was required for the Leagues Cup, and if that doesn't run and produce a winner, then the CCL can't get enough teams and also doesn't draw.

I guess you don't want to edit the CCL rules, you could try to just nuke it entirely by getting at them and setting an end year to 2021 or something (would probably break the Club World Cup too)

I’ll give nuking it a go rather than re-creating the CCL. Remade the CCL but without USA teams and it completely removes the dynamic reputation of North American leagues and cups