Danish Lower League system

Ninja777

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here we go.

So in lower league Denmark (Fyn) there's 4 different leagues, called Serie 1, Serie 2, Serie 3 and Serie 4. Above Serie 1 there's Albaniserien. That's the regional setup of the Fyn-region.

From bottom and up it will go like this;

• Serie 4:
    • 9 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 16.8. - 29.10. Top 4 of each group goes ti Serie 4.1 (total 36 teams) rest 72 teams go to Serie 4.2
  • Serie 4.1
    • 3 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 1.4. - 19.6. Top 4 of each group goes to Serie 3. (total 12 teams) rest 24 teams go to Serie 4.
  • Serie 4.2 
    • 6 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 1.4. - 19.6. No relegation/promotion. All teams will start in Serie 4 next "year".
  • Serie 3
    • 6 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 16.8. - 29,10, Top 4 goes to Serie 2 kval. (qualiues). Rest goes to Serie 3 kval. 
  • Serie 3 - kval (qualification)
    • 4 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 1.4. - 19.6. Top 9 goes to Serie 3 (total 36 teams). Rest goes Serie 4 (total 12 teams)
  • Serie 2 - kval
    • 4 groups of 12 teams. One round. Played 1.4. - 19.6. Top 6 goes Serie 2 (total 24 teams). Rest goes Serie 3 (total 24 teams)

And so on..

How will I be able to make those "half-year" competitions. My initial thought was to just insert the qualification leagues within the same tier (Like Serie 2 is tier 10, so Serie 2 kval. would be 10 too) but that would not work, as the promotion tier needs to be one tier above.

So in that case, I would have to "input" a new tier for every qualification stage i need.
Lets say before there would be like 11 tiers. Now I would have to input 6 more tiers for my qualification groups.

I hope someone has a great idea and can provide me with som guidance.

I hope it makes sense.

Thank you in advance.

Would it not work as stages? So Serie 4 would be stage 0, with each of the nine groups top four qualifying for stage 1 (Serie 4.1), and the rest of the teams qualifying for stage 2 (Serie 4.2)? Set stage 1 to have promotion to Serie 3, for the top four of each group. Stage 0 runs in the autumn, stages 1 and 2 run concurrently in the spring.

Same principle for the others. Serie 3 is a separate competition, stage 0. Serie 3 kval is stage 1 and Serie 2 kval is stage 2 Stage 0 runs in the autumn, stages 1 and 2 run concurrently in the spring. Stage 1 has relegation to Serie 4 for the bottom 3 of each group and stage 2 has promotion to Serie 2 for the top six of each group.

On 01/12/2023 at 00:41, Diluted Dante said:

Would it not work as stages? So Serie 4 would be stage 0, with each of the nine groups top four qualifying for stage 1 (Serie 4.1), and the rest of the teams qualifying for stage 2 (Serie 4.2)? Set stage 1 to have promotion to Serie 3, for the top four of each group. Stage 0 runs in the autumn, stages 1 and 2 run concurrently in the spring.

Same principle for the others. Serie 3 is a separate competition, stage 0. Serie 3 kval is stage 1 and Serie 2 kval is stage 2 Stage 0 runs in the autumn, stages 1 and 2 run concurrently in the spring. Stage 1 has relegation to Serie 4 for the bottom 3 of each group and stage 2 has promotion to Serie 2 for the top six of each group.

It might work as stages. But I am noob trying to figure it out.

I figured (when looking at the database) that the Danmarksserien was wrong too, so after I had added all the teams needed for Serie 3, Serie 2, Serie 1, I made a working rules database (but with the wrong rules)

I realized, that I had to start with the rules of Danmarksserien (DS), which was wrong too.

DS: 4 groups of 10. Two rounds. Top 2 goes to a new group Oprykningsspulje (OP) (8 in total). Bottom 8 in each group stays in the group with same amount of points etc. (kvalifikationspuljer) (KP).
OP: Number one for each of the 4 groups, starts with 3 points. Two rounds. Best 3 goes up.
KP: 4 groups of 8. Two rounds. Buttom 2 from each group goes down.

In the editor the 4 groups of DS are there, but I need to add the stages etc. I am thinking stage 0 is the DS, stage 1 is the KP. (Maybe that's do able somehow else?)

Learning by doing, I've edited and edited and now this error comes up. Any way to fix that?

image.png