FM24 Editor - Previous difference regarding inactive league promotion

Domoboy23

Forgive me for this one, bit long. But I've noticed a difference in regards to promotion from inactive leagues compared to previous FM's unless I'm going mad!

I always play with a custom English database. Of course in the vanilla DB the lowest you can manage is the VNN/VNS (Step 6) which is fine for me. However, to my understanding the pool of teams that could be promoted into these leagues were from the 4 leagues in the immediate step (Step 7) below which were of course inactive. This is fine, but I always wanted a bigger pool of teams. So I always used to on the editor double the amount of teams in these 4 leagues (Step 7) to double the possible pool of promoted teams (usually from sides in the step below) and then equal out the rep to make it more of a pot luck in terms of who gets promoted for longer term saves, whilst keeping it inactive.

However, I noticed this year that Bury who are in either step 8 or step 9 often get promoted into the playable VNN/VNS after 3-4 seasons... So i picked a few other teams in Step 8/9/10 and set their reputation quite high and low and behold after 4-6 seasons they all had gotten into the VNS/VNN at some point.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just going mad and this was always possible? :D

Traditionally it was only the next tier down after the last playable one. Impressive if they've worked on that (although maybe the fall-out has something to do with all the editor problems going on elsewhere). In England do they have the further tiers down set in the rules but just inactive?

10 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Traditionally it was only the next tier down after the last playable one. Impressive if they've worked on that (although maybe the fall-out has something to do with all the editor problems going on elsewhere). In England do they have the further tiers down set in the rules but just inactive?

On the nation rules they just have the one step below playable (step 7) as inactive as it's always been. So it does look like it's been worked on!