Help me understand U18 message

Hey all, can someone help me understand this message below? I get the concept, but I find the screen really unintuitive.

In the example below, it's suggesting I let Garry and Ian play in the U18s match. But I hadn't actually set up my first team squad for the next match yet, and they are both going to be starting, so I DON'T want them to play in this U18 match. But it's really unclear how I tell the game that. If I try the "Availability" drop-down, the only options in there are different ways to make them available. If I try the "Set All" drop-down, same thing. There doesn't appear to be any way to tell the game "I don't want them to play." 

Worst case, I just tell them they're only available for 20 mins, but I'd rather they not play at all.

Any ideas?

2023-12-01_10-58-01.png

If you don't want them to play in the U18 match, just don't do anything and move on. Currently, they WON'T be playing in the U18 match (your assistant is simply suggesting that maybe they should). So, just leave the screen as it is and you'll be fine.

I've also fallen foul of this in the past. 

My workaround is to promote these U18 players to the Senior Squad, (making sure that they have been made unavailable for the U18's), and that way we know they will be available for the 1st Team when needed. 

Your current situation is risky when it's possible that the U18's and 1st Team could play on the same day and then there wouldn't be a fitness issue with these youngsters. They wouldn't be available at all. 

In the case that they're only fringe players and only start in the 1st Team occasionally then you can always set them to be "available for next U18 game only" when and if you want. If you change your mind at any time you can just move them back into the U18's squad again, (although they might get the hump with this, alth that's not a reason to not do it). The only real problem with this workaround is that you have to keep an eye on the fitness of the players manually. 

2 hours ago, SaintEtienne said:

If you don't want them to play in the U18 match, just don't do anything and move on. Currently, they WON'T be playing in the U18 match (your assistant is simply suggesting that maybe they should). So, just leave the screen as it is and you'll be fine.

Thank you!!