Manager's profile picture - Workaround doesn't work

Hi,

I'm sorry for creating another thread about this know bug, but I'm not going to moan here. I know SI is aware of the issue and hopefully they will fix it soon.
There seems to be a workaround for it but, surprisingly, it doesn't seem to work for me and I would like to learn why.

So, let me start with saying that I've already got a big cut out faces megapack installed that comes from a known community site and it works perfectly.

As I didn't want to mix the megapack with the new manager faces, I decided to have a separate folder in my documents for my managers' photos. So I created folder called "my faces" in the following path:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\graphics\my faces

Then, I copied my desired image in the .png format to the above location, and recalled it for "r-2002086375" which is my manager's ID. Then, I opened fmXML, selected the location, chose make config.xml file - faces - all filenames are IDs, and pressed GO. When I opened the game, I cleared the catche and reloaded the skin. Unfortunately, my photo still doesn't show :(

Any idea why is that? I know I could try to add a line to the existing config file in my megapack, but I'd like to avoid it - I'd prefer to have a separate folder for my manager' faces. Is it possible to have two different folders for faces, and two different config files? Or I can have only one config file and that's why it doesn't work for me? It would be weird as I remember that in previous versions I used to have multiple folders and there was no issues. But maybe with manager photo it is different?

Has there been an official posting addressing all fictional people getting a r- before the uid?

Cause it's seems  Si should have given the community a heads up pre patch or they were incompetent and didn't realize it was going to break a ton of mods or made an honest mistake

But in any of those rcents SI has remained silent about it. .

A heads up to the community could have been issued. Or if it's a mistake an apology explaining what exactly happened. 

This shoukd have been done on SI forum, steam and reddit. 

But it was left to the community to decipher what exactly the patch did and what it broke and what needs to be fixed for mods. 

From such a big company the lack of communication is appalling

On 01/12/2023 at 11:29, gggfunk said:

Hi,

I'm sorry for creating another thread about this know bug, but I'm not going to moan here. I know SI is aware of the issue and hopefully they will fix it soon.
There seems to be a workaround for it but, surprisingly, it doesn't seem to work for me and I would like to learn why.

So, let me start with saying that I've already got a big cut out faces megapack installed that comes from a known community site and it works perfectly.

As I didn't want to mix the megapack with the new manager faces, I decided to have a separate folder in my documents for my managers' photos. So I created folder called "my faces" in the following path:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\graphics\my faces

Then, I copied my desired image in the .png format to the above location, and recalled it for "r-2002086375" which is my manager's ID. Then, I opened fmXML, selected the location, chose make config.xml file - faces - all filenames are IDs, and pressed GO. When I opened the game, I cleared the catche and reloaded the skin. Unfortunately, my photo still doesn't show :(

Any idea why is that? I know I could try to add a line to the existing config file in my megapack, but I'd like to avoid it - I'd prefer to have a separate folder for my manager' faces. Is it possible to have two different folders for faces, and two different config files? Or I can have only one config file and that's why it doesn't work for me? It would be weird as I remember that in previous versions I used to have multiple folders and there was no issues. But maybe with manager photo it is different?

I have found that the "r-" only works for newgens, not for other players.

For example, I have custom profile pics for all of my squad only. The ones who are newgens need the "r-" to display. The ones that are NOT newgens CANNOT have the "r-" or they don't work. So, newgens get "r-", everyone else stays the same as pre-patch.

Not sure if that impacts managers, as I've never tried that before.