Away results have collapsed post patch

Sw1

Im def struggling. But im not mad at all, its making me have to rethink my tactics, ideas, etc

in my season, I had played the first 10 games pre-patch, won 9 tied 1, loads of goals scored. In the 8 games since, I have 5 ties, 2 wins and 1 loss. 

to be fair the patch also coincided with my schedule toughening up and my last 8 games have been against teams very similar to me in quality. 

but yeah I went from flying on cruise control to suddenly pulling out teeth just to get a Tie!!

again, loving it tho. Best FM edition to date imo. Felt that before the patch, still think it now

On 03/12/2023 at 04:25, Dadecane said:

Im def struggling. But im not mad at all, its making me have to rethink my tactics, ideas, etc

in my season, I had played the first 10 games pre-patch, won 9 tied 1, loads of goals scored. In the 8 games since, I have 5 ties, 2 wins and 1 loss. 

to be fair the patch also coincided with my schedule toughening up and my last 8 games have been against teams very similar to me in quality. 

but yeah I went from flying on cruise control to suddenly pulling out teeth just to get a Tie!!

again, loving it tho. Best FM edition to date imo. Felt that before the patch, still think it now

Same here. Can put up some big results at home but away has become a bit of a struggle. The discrepancy is a bit odd where that is often the only difference theoretically. It makes me thing that if teams are too passive against me at home and a higher mentality would halt my home form as well. Still thoroughly enjoying this years engine much more than last year with the improvements as well. Its nice to see players move into space as you'd expect given roles and duties.

Same here. Results I expect at home and constantly under-playing away against lower class teams. Last game away ended up 0-0 , my player shot once on target and missed insane opportunities. There is a lack of confidence that you can see on screen. They played very low compared the previous game at home, they tried the craziest passes, but I was just playing against Hellas Verona, not ManCity...

I've seen a downturn in results. But not sure if it's the update that's done it. I won 9 in 9 at the start of the season as Everton with no signings and a very generic 4-2-3-1 high press, so was getting very concerned by the ridiculous ease of the game. So drawing at home to Sheffield United and getting hammered by West Ham and Chelsea away was almost a relief.

17 minutes ago, busngabb said:

I've seen a downturn in results. But not sure if it's the update that's done it. I won 9 in 9 at the start of the season as Everton with no signings and a very generic 4-2-3-1 high press, so was getting very concerned by the ridiculous ease of the game. So drawing at home to Sheffield United and getting hammered by West Ham and Chelsea away was almost a relief.

Gave you an upvote, not because of the content of your post, but you referred to the recent update as the 'update' rather than a 'patch'.

Because that's what it is.