Question about training, finding it difficult to evolve.

I am at Wrexham and have won the Carabao Cup 3 times in a row, that´s not bragging, I actually wanted out and played mostly reserves but for some reason it´s the only thing I am able to win, this has lead my team to have a difficult schedule.

I am also fighting the Champions League and FA Cup.

The above has lead to an incredible tightly and congested fixture list where I often play every third day leaving only 2/3 days most of the time to do any training done which becomes difficult if I don´t wanted jaded players all around.

So, since a lot of the schedule doesn´t have much training and it´s mostly dedicated to recovery, tactics and focusing on next match the "promising players" aren´t really getting a lot of training.

How do you go about handling your promising players when your team is playing so many matches that training is scarce?

Your promising players are in the senior squad?  If so then they are getting plenty of match time at present given your hectic schedule due to rotation and/or substitutions?

Playing matches is important for player development so it’s not something I’d worry about.  However you haven’t mentioned what their development is currently like - if they are getting match time as I mentioned I’d expect their development to be ok.  If they’re not being rotated/substituted in, why not?  You can always make them available for your U21s matches if not.

From Manual:

How can I improve my players’ attributes and ability?

- Playing Time

A player with greater exposure to meaningful playing time will develop better than someone who isn’t playing quite as often. Playing first-team minutes is more valuable than playing reserve or youth team football, and a young player who stagnates from their teenage years into their 20s without starting to play regular football stands a higher chance of not being able to reach their potential.

====

On 03/12/2023 at 10:03, fc.cadoni said:

From Manual:

How can I improve my players’ attributes and ability?

- Playing Time

A player with greater exposure to meaningful playing time will develop better than someone who isn’t playing quite as often. Playing first-team minutes is more valuable than playing reserve or youth team football, and a young player who stagnates from their teenage years into their 20s without starting to play regular football stands a higher chance of not being able to reach their potential.

====

When I assisted the youth setup in OB (Odense, Denmark) we had two schedules, one for those playing on matchday and one for everyone else, that doesn´t exist in FM

I have two squads basically in my current setup, an A and a B squad, they all see a lot of playing time but some are of course left out every second game as I need to rotate. But basically in the month of January there are 4 training sessions for the entire squad, that´s not what I would consider practically sound. The picture shows that there is little room to implement any sort of training and those left out of some matches don´t do anything around those days.

training.png

2 hours ago, AurioDK said:

When I assisted the youth setup in OB (Odense, Denmark) we had two schedules, one for those playing on matchday and one for everyone else, that doesn´t exist in FM

I have two squads basically in my current setup, an A and a B squad, they all see a lot of playing time but some are of course left out every second game as I need to rotate. But basically in the month of January there are 4 training sessions for the entire squad, that´s not what I would consider practically sound. The picture shows that there is little room to implement any sort of training and those left out of some matches don´t do anything around those days.

training.png

Are you sure you are not including too many recovery sessions in your schedule?

One suggestion for you could be to use "general" training session (blue ones) on the thirs slot the day after a match (those are very lights sessions, so you don't stress too much players).
Also, keeping a "normal" schedule varying the training intensity (assigning the max to the youngest in your squad) could be an option

Edited by Costav

Too many recovery rest is better than recovery honestly speaking use recovery only after real matched and that's it 

The day with the match practice use one slot for training one for rest we can't be sure it's not changed from fm23 (but I doubt) but recovery is a less effective resting that slightly help with keeping match readyness (and theoretically with injury but a more resting rest help with injury too so I am not convinced it helps more against injury than rest , gamewise, in real world it probably would)

Already using one after every real match is maybe even too much if you play 2 matches every week once a week is really enough 

Some say to don't even bother and just use rest but I like to use a recovery since I bother getting the best medical team I can get 

Another one that is definitely an overkill is match tactics use it once every 2 week only with difficult matches vs the top 5-6 in the league player are not scientist and the tactic is still the same with few variation don't need that many 

Without community outreach and team bonding how long does it takes you to get green lines? You should aim to get green lines before end of year with that type of training I don't see it happens. 

July-november one physical train a week 4/5 a month  (or more in July maybe 6/7)

December and so on at least 2 physical in 1 month (sometimes 3 if there is little matches)

Those are the basic to build around I could go more in details but it's better you come up with your personal stuff (more fun) but those rule are a good starting point

Edited by Ngoc

1 hour ago, Ngoc said:

Too many recovery rest is better than recovery honestly speaking use recovery only after real matched and that's it 

The day with the match practice use one slot for training one for rest we can't be sure it's not changed from fm23 (but I doubt) but recovery is a less effective resting that slightly help with keeping match readyness (and theoretically with injury but a more resting rest help with injury too so I am not convinced it helps more against injury than rest , gamewise, in real world it probably would)

Already using one after every real match is maybe even too much if you play 2 matches every week once a week is really enough 

Some say to don't even bother and just use rest but I like to use a recovery since I bother getting the best medical team I can get 

Another one that is definitely an overkill is match tactics use it once every 2 week only with difficult matches vs the top 5-6 in the league player are not scientist and the tactic is still the same with few variation don't need that many 

Thanks for the link, I am getting superstitious as I have only dropped points in matches where I didn´t train tactics before matchday, I used to leave it midweek but since I started using it before matchday it has gone a lot better. Could be other things though, just superstition I guess :).

this is what I do in September 

don't need to do the same just get an idea of stuff have fun coming up with your own style!

Once you get enough green line i would switch some team bonding with the Match Tactics especially when facing a tough team

training.jpg

Edited by Ngoc

23 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

this is what I do in September 

don't need to do the same just get an idea of stuff have fun coming up with your own style!

Once you get enough green line i would switch some team bonding with the Match Tactics especially when facing a tough team

training.jpg

This is what my happiness thing looks like without any cohesion except for pre-season.

happy.jpg

if you have been at the same club for 10 years and used the same player for many years I can see you don't need cohesion but it's mostly for the green line

and as you change tactics and they lose their line I think com outreach and team bonding help with recreating new lines or just to speed them up maybe they probably appear even if you don't do those 2 activities but slower...

green line.jpg

Edited by Ngoc