Is it possible to start a 2nd team?

I am on around my 20th season in FM '22.  14th or so with Flekkerøy football.  I am have worked them into the premier league and been steady there the past 5-6 seasons.  I've always in theory had a 2nd team that just plays a few friendlies, but never more than a few players on the team.  Well, now that I am a 3* reputation, I am having no issue signing cheap young prospects.  Combined with my youth intake, I now have enough players to actually fully stock a 2nd team. 

Here is the issue.  If I go to squad registration, it always gives deadlines for the Norwegian 4th division.  Of course, there is no Norwegian 4th division in the game.  Only a 3rd division.  Therefore, even when meeting the deadlines with a fully registered squad, there are no matches listed.  Is it possible this second team will ever make the 3rd division and I will have a legitimate 2nd team?  I always felt that would be better than using junior affiliates for development.  I've never quite understood how the game chooses which teams to promote from divisions that don't exist...  such as when my first team, Göttne got demoted (after I left) to the Swedish 3rd division, then magically came back to the second a couple years later.  Is it random?

I guess if I can never have a true, competitive 2nd team, then I need to be loaning out all these players...  to my affiliates or otherwise.  Or selling them for a profit. 

Edited by ScotchWhisky