Brainstorming: creating metrics from FM game stats data (app releasing soon)

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on an app to help with quantitatively analyzing your squad and help with scouting and most of the features that don't use game player statistics are done. I'm now working on this part and although I have an idea of what I want to include, I thought it may be helpful to have a brainstorming here and see if there are any good ideas that pop up.

As a preview here is the current version of the app, with my FC Südtirol test save:

Home page
firefox_PeSVdHjtUa.thumb.png.010c0dca8d45f335a691dcfb4f237e4f.png

Squad: Tactics page
image.thumb.png.a5483ee663038680c6e6f80eb8549637.png

Squad: Progress page
image.thumb.png.b4a6b7b47db2c20dec51e0c0c7733c4b.png

Squad: Role suitability page
image.thumb.png.b74cf7efbe99e66009b04fb4f5c99724.png

Metrics

Below is the current list of finalized metrics (a very much appreciated contribution from @Rashidi) that will be included, while some others from him are getting refined as I'm looking at the data.

Defensive Activity (weight-able):
Quantifies the total defensive activity of a players by taking into account successful defensive actions and penalizing mistakes leading to goal by 90 minutes.
(`Clearances per 90 minutes` + `Interceptions per 90 minutes` + `Headers Won per 90 minutes` + `Tackles per 90 minutes` - (90*`Mistakes Leading to Goal`/`Minutes`))

Key Defensive Activity:
Quantifies the total key defensive activity of a players by taking into account successful key defensive actions.
(`Key Tackles per 90 minutes` + `Key Headers per 90 minutes`)

Scoring Efficiency:
Quantifies the scoring efficiency by looking at the ratio of non penalty goals and it's corresponding xG.
((`Goals`-`Penalties Scored`)/`Non Penalty Expected Goals`)

Any ideas for other metrics are welcomed and I'll try to look at everything and include what makes sense. The type of metrics I'd like to includes are one that describe/measures sides of the game (e.g. Passing Quality? Possession?) or that focus on a style of play (e.g. Gegenpressing? Catenaccio?) - I'm sure some of you have good ideas ;) Attached is a file with all the fields available in my view and their description in FM to help you if needed.

Of course any metrics that will be used (as is or as an inspiration for the final one) in the app will be credited :)

QFM24_squad_fields.csv

Edited by gam945