Teams do not register players after the first season, regardless of rules

VoidVector

The problem is as simple as the title says, but it makes the database completely unplayable and I can't figure out what is wrong.

Originally I had rules like Min Squad Size, Min Homegrown players from club or nation, max foreign players in matchday squad, but I've been removing them to try figure out what the problem is but nothing seems to work. Registration was something I had figured out, hence the rules I mentioned, but recently when I did tests for the 3rd division I realized this aspect seemed to go haywire.

This is what the rules look like at the moment.

imagen.thumb.png.4b1e7feeb6476aae33409f4144054534.pngimagen.thumb.png.145cfa054102c0fc4bb54debdac28e68.pngimagen.thumb.png.d9723710e181a94c2db2018dad20f9f6.png

And here is evidence of the issue, where three different teams from the three different divisions do the exact same. I've tried adding a minimum squad size but teams completely ignore it. However, for both the Libertadoes and Sudamerica where the only 'rules' are a max squad size of 45 and 3 goalkeepers things works perfectly. When I added a manager to take over a team I could register the entire squad without issue, and this was in a previous attempt when there were actual rules in place.

imagen.thumb.png.a70fbd5d6c659de57a5e89147d043fbf.pngimagen.thumb.png.9b95ef7db91ef23cfb96ebdfa6d88bca.pngimagen.thumb.png.91b348198abb901ded951cd725325ee2.png

I've tried copying rules from the base database such as Portugese first division rules using the Edit function and pasting them into the db, but it didn't just not work, things became even more broken with teams from the first division stopping to make any transfer. And just to mention again, this is all 2nd season forward. During the first season teams have their players registered and whoever they sign, whether for a fee, on loan or a free gets registered, but from the 2nd season onwards it doesn't work. Even going as far as the 2030s, things just remain broken. It's really annoying and really puzzling. Nothing seems to be out of order, and registration is something that I hadn't touched in a while after finding a set of rules that I liked, and only recently they seemed to just stop working altogether.

Here is the database in it's latest state, with just the max squad size and domestic U21 players not needing to be registered.
Peru_v3.fmf

I wonder if setting a "squad registration initial start date" is confusing it since you already told it to use the transfer windows for the top division (0). If you uncheck that, does the option for "use auto squad..." come up? Use that and it should adjust to the transfer window dates (with news items acting accordingly). You can still set the max squad size here and other "registration options" (I'd use "allow any squad numbers" as I think it has trouble with 40+ if you don't, and with a limit of 70 then obviously there will be some high numbers)

Then under "squad selection rules" you can add stuff relating to foreign players, youths, etc. I think you can add a squad minimum but not sure if it works

"Auto squad registration start date" does work after unchecking "Squad registration initial start date", and I'll give it a go with just that and the max squad size for a start. If things do seem to work using that, I'll start adding actual rules to see if the game handles it

hace 1 hora, themodelcitizen dijo:

I wonder if setting a "squad registration initial start date" is confusing it since you already told it to use the transfer windows for the top division (0). If you uncheck that, does the option for "use auto squad..." come up? Use that and it should adjust to the transfer window dates (with news items acting accordingly). You can still set the max squad size here and other "registration options" (I'd use "allow any squad numbers" as I think it has trouble with 40+ if you don't, and with a limit of 70 then obviously there will be some high numbers)

Then under "squad selection rules" you can add stuff relating to foreign players, youths, etc. I think you can add a squad minimum but not sure if it works

Sadly it didn't help. The only rule in place is max of 70 players and it still happens. It also seems teams just don't register players they sign, regardless of when or how they signed them

imagen.thumb.png.3b3b2893a531e55cf899672e091546d3.png

Edited by VoidVector

hace 9 horas, rusty217 dijo:

Common issue, it's usually caused by transfer windows being set up incorrectly.

Could be the case here too. You have the nation's base year set to 2000, but all your transfer windows set to 1999. Update them to 2000 and see if that fixes it.

I honestly can't even remember why I put it with 1999, how did I go for so long with it set up like that as well but you're a life saver because it worked. For now I've only tried it with max squad size, but I imagine it'll work normally now even with more rules

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2023 at 08:07, rusty217 said:

Common issue, it's usually caused by transfer windows being set up incorrectly.

Could be the case here too. You have the nation's base year set to 2000, but all your transfer windows set to 1999. Update them to 2000 and see if that fixes it.

A search for a problem I have encountered in testing, has brought me to this thread.

My squad match rules have stopped working all of a sudden. They have been present up until 2045, but the next season they have disappeared. I've not touched transfer windows, would anyone know what I should be looking at to find out the cause? Here are screenshots of the squad selection details and what is happening in game.

squad rules.png

sq sel dates.png

sq registration periods.png

sq sel rules.png

I may have found the issue, and I will test overnight. The problem only occurred when I had a file included that converted Russia to Soviet Union. I had not touched anything to do with transfer rules as all I was doing was transferring the Nation details onto the Russia file. After reading what @rusty217 said earlier in this thread I went straight to the Transfer Windows section. The start date and end dates of the windows are in 2000 and 2001, and yet the rules state the start year as 2022 and end year of 2022. So would this explain why after 22 seasons the rules in the European competitions suddenly stop in 2046? Why it only effects Europe is beyond my comprehension. Hopefully I'm on the right track here. What would I need to change those dates to, 2000? 

soviettransferproblemfound2.png.257b51dd0ba307276b0ac55bb57f32d6.png

And one of the other transfer window rules was set to start in 2023. Should I make that 2001? 

soviettransferproblemfound3.png.bd00be91fbd399c8e3d58424aee1e8f9.png

Changing the dates has fixed things. I checked the Russia nation transfer window dates from the original SI database, and the problem appears to be there originally. 

I was clearly not paying attention this morning. This has not fixed the problem. I don't even know if I'm sniffing around the correct area??

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
I am dumb

On 02/02/2024 at 07:13, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I may have found the issue, and I will test overnight. The problem only occurred when I had a file included that converted Russia to Soviet Union. I had not touched anything to do with transfer rules as all I was doing was transferring the Nation details onto the Russia file. After reading what @rusty217 said earlier in this thread I went straight to the Transfer Windows section. The start date and end dates of the windows are in 2000 and 2001, and yet the rules state the start year as 2022 and end year of 2022. So would this explain why after 22 seasons the rules in the European competitions suddenly stop in 2046? Why it only effects Europe is beyond my comprehension. Hopefully I'm on the right track here. What would I need to change those dates to, 2000?

And one of the other transfer window rules was set to start in 2023. Should I make that 2001?

The Start/End years listed there are separate and don't use base years. They're for if you want to change transfer window dates. eg. the window ends 31st Aug which is how you want to start, but in say 2027 you want to switch it to a 5th Sept end or something. I don't think they'd cause your issue here.

Really weird that it works until 2046 though. Are there any other changes elsewhere that year?

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Really weird that it works until 2046 though. Are there any other changes elsewhere that year?

Not that I've seen. It's too much of a coincidence that 2046 is where the problem happens, and the game start date is 2023. I couldn't help feeling it's to do with the year 2023...23 years on from the base date. 

A further update...I fiddled with the start and end dates. Putting in 2001 in one of those fields seems to bizarrely fixed the match rules issue. An overnight holiday save up to 2246 saw the match rules still in place in the European competitions. I took screenshots of them this morning to prove my eyes aren't deceiving me this time. The transfer window dates don't change for Russia but they have made the match rules work in Europe. There is no reason behind it, it has just worked !

Well I now think there is a bug, and I wonder if anyone has seen anything like this before.

I loaded up the same holiday save just now to check that my eyes weren't deceiving me again and lo and behold, the match rules have disappeared! Like wtf???? How is that even possible?

Match rules working before I closed the game down this morning                                                                         

matchrulesworking.thumb.png.3752211e926dcc0632c8633edd7fdfe8.png

Match rules not working after I reloaded the same save game.

matchrulesnotworking.thumb.png.99e5e373b87137a43ac4066ac103ebae.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer