Scouting Budget Gone in 2 Days?

Having a little trouble right now. I'm in tier 9 in England, starting a new season. Scouting budget was set at £20k-ish, just enough for the scouting package for my league. No problem. This is on July 1st. On July 3, I happen to look at the scouting screen, and my scouting range is now set to "No Scouting" and my scouting budget is down to £750. I looked at my assignments and it just says that my chief scout is scouting the "scouting range". I have two other scouts I just signed who have no current assignment. And now when I look at any players we have scouted, I can't see things like roles and duties, because it says "Outside Scouting Scope". :( 

Some troubleshooting notes:

• There are no players or teams waiting to be assigned to a member of the scouting team.
  • There are no shortlists that have "keep scout reports up to date" selected. 
  • I have a save from July 1st, so I can go back to before I lose the scouting budget, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

Any ideas?

Just now, Kickballz said:

Sorry If I don't help, but I have managed at lower league level and have never considered employing scouts worthwhile. That £20k-ish is a total rip off. Get rid of them and find the players yourself.

So, not to be daft, but how do you find players that fit if you can't even see what positions and roles they are experienced in? Solely trials?

9 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

So, not to be daft, but how do you find players that fit if you can't even see what positions and roles they are experienced in? Solely trials?

Start with out of contract players. It is not like you can sign anyone for money. Then look to get talented youngsters on loan.

You won't be in a position to sign players to fit your system. You will take what you get and try to make it work - I say this through lower level experience,

Edited by Kickballz