Discussion about short-term training effects

I was analysing the game's built-in training schedules to understand how the system works according to the developers. Then I saw this:

image.thumb.png.a592a0d793a2196d5e193fb5304ab30c.png

How can these sessions be effective for the big match on Saturday if these sessions are supposed to generate mid-term familiarity and/or long-term attribute effects?
In real life training sessions obviously have short-term benefits and on previous versions of FM there were "upcoming match" benefits that apart from the mistaken label lasted for a week.

This made me think that attribute training in general may have a (weekly) short-term effect. Maybe someone can mark a good SI staff soul that knows the Training module to give us an answer, as this has a huge impact on weekly training planning.
That would explain some things like Aggression and Eccentricity present in training sessions, but never growing in players. 

Edited by vcpinheiro14

1 hour ago, vcpinheiro14 said:

I was analysing the game's built-in training schedules to understand how the system works according to the developers. Then I saw this:

image.thumb.png.a592a0d793a2196d5e193fb5304ab30c.png

How can these sessions be effective for the big match on Saturday if these sessions are supposed to generate mid-term familiarity and/or long-term attribute effects?
In real life training sessions obviously have short-term benefits and on previous versions of FM there were "upcoming match" benefits that apart from the mistaken label lasted for a week.

This made me think that attribute training in general may have a (weekly) short-term effect. Maybe someone can mark a good SI staff soul that knows the Training module to give us an answer, as this has a huge impact on weekly training planning.
That would explain some things like Aggression and Eccentricity present in training sessions, but never growing in players. 

It's just a low intensity training schedule + buffs via dead ball specialization sessions (which do have an impact in the upcoming game). You wouldn't want to push the players in training before a big match, which is reflected here. 

The rest of the things you could do to buff before a match have been reduced down into the "match focus" session, which is auto locked in now.

Edited by Cloud9

1 hora atrás, Cloud9 disse:

It's just a low intensity training schedule + buffs via dead ball specialization sessions (which do have an impact in the upcoming game). You wouldn't want to push the players in training before a big match, which is reflected here. 

The rest of the things you could do to buff before a match have been reduced down into the "match focus" session, which is auto locked in now.

I agree that the low intensity of the Tactical sessions is part of this schedules' logic.
However, they removed the buff label "Upcoming Match" that was written on the Set Pieces' sessions in FM23, if the buff is still there why remove the label? This confused me because I also agree that the Match Focus session was supposed to be the only one with short-term buffs. If they don't have the buff anymore, I wonder why would they leave that session there, since those have standard values for intensity, in that case cohesion or familiarity sessions would be better if no other short-term effect could be taken into account.

Furthermore, Agression on Defending Engaged, or Rushing Out on Goalkeeping One-on-Ones (and some others) are still there, and those attributes are never developed through training. 

Maybe SI is not consistent with the game's documentation, maybe there is a mechanic that I'm contemplating in this thread.

29 minutes ago, vcpinheiro14 said:

I agree that the low intensity of the Tactical sessions is part of this schedules' logic.
However, they removed the buff label "Upcoming Match" that was written on the Set Pieces' sessions in FM23, if the buff is still there why remove the label? This confused me because I also agree that the Match Focus session was supposed to be the only one with short-term buffs. If they don't have the buff anymore, I wonder why would they leave that session there, since those have standard values for intensity, in that case cohesion or familiarity sessions would be better if no other short-term effect could be taken into account.

Furthermore, Agression on Defending Engaged, or Rushing Out on Goalkeeping One-on-Ones (and some others) are still there, and those attributes are never developed through training. 

Maybe SI is not consistent with the game's documentation, maybe there is a mechanic that I'm contemplating in this thread.

I thought it still existed on the set pieces, but maybe they've removed it then. I still incorporate the set pieces training frequently.

Aggression is trained, but it's more tricky to train than other attributes where you can set up individual focuses etc.